Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    I lightweight don't need the tapes in the first place, so I could live without them if adding the swappable parts makes them stupidly expensive

BUT

I do like the tapes, and I like the options the swappable parts give you.

I'd rather FT gives us just Acoustic Wave by default and provides the possibly unnecessary stuff as an add-on kit than forcing us to eat the price of all the stuff we don't want just to get Acoustic Wave, so I am definitely NOT complaining

2. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope so, because in honesty, I just want wave and his parts, the cassettes aren't really something I want to spend extra $ on. And If I do feel the need to buy them, I would at least want them to be the only thing to be spending $$ on.

3. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I might be in for the tapes. The Hasbro ones are just okay and mine have a lot of loose joints and Rumble's pile-drivers don't really attach.

The toy details do make Soundwave tempting but I still don't like the tape door. If they size up the "window" for the toy version to be the entire door, I think I'd go for it but otherwise that stupid door lip is a deal breaker. And what's with the weird details on the toy tape door?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ok so that clears up that confusion. Would have been nice to get them all at one time though. So how are the tapes numbered?
    Ft-02a through ft-02d?

Hopefully the factory fans toys uses can start cranking out colored test shots of all these announcements. Im in for a few of these figures once this crisis is over

5. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The individual slides that focues on Rumble/Frenzy, Ravage, and Laserbeak were all numbered FT-02B so most likely 1 purchase for the set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Those tape pictures are getting to me. Wasn’t expecting to buy them, but those birds look good.

I keep looking at the 2 versions of the figure and can’t decide which I like best in prototype form. It will be very interesting to see the real thing.

thank you @dalianjj for providing those. Don’t be shy with the masks in the promo photos. We need the levity

• Like Like x 1
  7. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Awesome i missed that detail on the slides before. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We'll see. I know I'll be right though, especially when buying direct from China.

9. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Man I cannot wait, If the cassettes are being sold separately then i hope the same for mp blaster.. I can't wait for this and their mp blaster and his cassettes. I wonder if they will do more of the other cassette characters like ratbat slugfest , etc.

10. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

Well, colour me surprised (actually, with those prototype pics, there's no colour, but you get the idea). Acoustic Wave looks pretty good. A bit beefer in places than TT. I like the backpack option.

The cassettes are interesting - Laserbeak/Buzzsaw are nice and compact, and remind me a refresh on the TT design. I think Rumble and Frenzy have some potential, but I am concerned about how sturdy these are going to be. There's going to be different plastics used than TT, and probably some well cast diecast to make those details work. Removable heads are nice, but they're going to be really small. I can see a lot of them going missing (like Koot's cygar...). I like Ravage, but he's too tiny cat for me. TT Ravage was the same way. Ravage needs to have shoulders that move at the shoulders, not just below them - it's why MMC's take is very impressive in terms of articulation. The size of these microcassettes constrains how much they can do, I suppose.

Can't wait to see some real ones in the paint. I'm patient!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That may depend on which release we are talking about. Wasn't the first Hasbro release of MP Soundwave an amazing deal? I got into collecting MPs just after that so I never saw it at retail but I believe I heard it was something like $125 for Soundwave and 5 cassettes, is that right? No chance FT-02 with just Soundwave beats that, let alone with the cassettes. Some Takara runs have been noticeably more though.

12. Enfin

Enfin Destron

It would be nice if you can get a combo deal buying Soundwave and your first cassette. I mainly want Ratbat :D 

13. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

If there's just one figure with swappable parts to switch between Cartoon look and more detailed look (toy if you want), then I wonder how they will handle the colours. A cartoon coloured version will be white, but a more toy based version should be silver.

14. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't the slightest bit interested in this before but now seeing that FT has started to add some detailing as well as the option to swap out parts, I am much more interested.

See, this is how you do it. Even the "toon" version has that 10% detailing that matches the older MP aesthetic.

It is all going to come down to deco. If they go with silver, I'm in. If they replace all the silver with white, I'm out. But that is just me. I would be just fine sticking with my Takara MP-13 Soundwave which is pretty hard to beat.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FT could always change it, but I would expect them to go with Silver instead of white simply because that is what they have done in the past. I am in the camp that would be disappointed if they do change. I've seen some people custom their figures to white and I just don't feel like it looks as good as the silver does.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I'm saying it will be. Especially direct from China, Taobao for instance.

17. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to be clear are you talking about just Acoustic Wave, or him plus the cassettes?

18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Mainly just Acoustic Wave alone but I'd feel the same way with the cassettes as well.

19. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

Damn.

Damndamndamn!

I kind of want all of these.

But Fans Toys has a really, really bad QC and engineering record the last few years. I guess, if these ever come out, I'll check out reviews first.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blazing Mewtwo

Blazing Mewtwo Decepticon Lover

Umm
    The Stunticons and Aerialbots would like a word w/ you!
    Just kidding

• Like Like x 1