Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Mafai susu

Mafai susu Banned

They killed Kenny! You bastards! That’s sucks dude.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I figured. That's unfortunate. The window frame definitely makes him look more cartoon accurate so that's pretty cool (personally I love his gold chromed chest but I admit it's definitely not toon) and I'm always a fan of your neck extenders. Good stuff.

• Like Like x 4
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    Baba Superior!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

great work! neck and knee fillers seem like no brainers. i like the chromed tape window frame (although its too small, i'd hate to cover up that finish) though.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mafai susu

Mafai susu Banned

ABBA is superior!
    7F4F5039-2247-44CB-9A5C-F2E77DB8C575.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    Definitely IN for that Neck Piece (Op's ROCKED), and poss the knees.

Please let us know, or add me to list, whichever is preferred!!!
    Great job!

• Like Like x 5
  7. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Stick some sky blue paper behind that door and

200 (4).gif

Defo interested in that surround!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

Brilliant! They look really good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TransformerFanatic

TransformerFanatic When a spark goes online, there is great joy...

Those knee fillers are amazing! That was my one complaint with AW.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    it's more like 20% of the size and 1/2 to 1/3 of the price for most MP figures. The size/price ratio only holds for the most expensive Takara and FT products. The reason I can't get into them, as great as they are, is they feel like a terrible value... for not too much more money I get SO much more figure. (Obviously that doesn't apply to this $250 FT soundwave... but the Soundwave I currently have only cost me $110 at retail at TRU and also included 5 cassettes... compared to that Voice Ripple isn't so awesome)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    If you only see value in size or mass, then Legends are definitely not for you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. King Nergil

King Nergil Ruler of a lost kingdom

Alright folks, allow me to contribute something to this thread. Even though he looks magnificent I've lost interest in Acoustic Wave because of personal preferences. But the RP cassettes have caught my attention from day one. Thanks to @Bugste81 I've been able to add Frenzy to my collection. (Thanks, mate!) What can I say about him that hasn't already been said? He's a huge upgrade compared to the TT tapes. His size finally seems correct to me. And imo he also looks amazing next to good old MP Soundwave. Can't wait for the 3pack now!

20211123_201555.jpg 20211123_201543.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  13. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Old):
    This is awesome! Love the neck for TE-01 so it's great for RP-01 to get the same treatment. I saw how open the legs were and was thinking what I could make to do what you did. I'm liking the window frame too so count me in when these are sorted!

The prices are definitely up on legends bringing the ratios closer depending on the figure. Like the new MS Prime is over $100 though it does come with a trailer which isn't the main part of the attraction, so comparing to 3rd party MP primes (TE-01, MS-01, KO MP-44) it's hard to justify value. Also, no matter how good any one figure looks, the engineering is well below MP figures so they should never be that close in price. This is one thing I keep thinking and prevents me from going all in on legends.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Nonsensically Sensational! And Vice Versa!

News Credits:
    How blasphemous!! Official Soundwave + RP tape is against the laws of man and nature.

That is a really good looking pair, so to speak.

• Like Like x 4
  15. WyldeBill

WyldeBill Yeeee Hawww!

Ebay:
    But they’re getting so much better all the time

• Like Like x 1
  16. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    That's not what I said. I said the PRICE relative to the VALUE was the problem. If legends figures were about $25 and the big ones were about $40 I'd buy them. But I HAVE Voice Ripple... he's not worth it when I look at MP Soundwave (which, by the way, is so great lots of people who HAVE Acoustic Wave are finding they don't actually LIKE it better).

Also, like MV Steve mentioned, the Legends figures--great as they are--just can't compare in engineering and overall quality to MP stuff. For instance, the Magic Square Menasor basically seems like a tiny version of DX9 Menasor with more options. It's about 1/3 of the price. But the DX9 Menasor is actually an amazing toy that really holds together beautifully and is also fun to play with in individual bot and vehicle modes PLUS is fun to transform. The MS Menasor LOOKS good but it doesn't PLAY good. Is the Legends scale Optimus with trailer really a better TOY than TE-01, for about the same price (at least when I got it)?

Those Legends scale figures tend to have one of two problems: they're either slightly too complex for their size, which compromises the figure, or they're appropriately complex which makes them feel overpriced. For instance... MS Constructicons look brilliant but they're doing too much at that size so they're not fun and have issues; the other Constructicons have nicer decos and actually seem to have fewer problems but also don't seem like they're worth what they cost, especially compared to MS's complexity. I honestly think the best size would be between what they're doing now and mainline stuff... where the typical Autobot car is the size of an old Basic figure, like Energon Clocker. Your bigger characters would end up being about Deluxe size. That would give you the room to actually execute those ambitious designs properly.

The best comparison is Magic Square MP OP and their Legends OP. Their MP OP was twice the price but overall was a FAR better toy... look at what it was commanding on the aftermarket before it got reissued. I really wish they'd put out way more of their stuff at MP scale. I get why 3Ps prefer legends though.. the profit margins must be WAY higher per unit, and on top of that they can ship way more units per given volume which is especially important now with crazy shipping costs. It makes more business sense for them to make Legends. They're not better TOYS, though. That's just my opinion... if yours differs and you like your Legends, you win. I like MPs, I have those, I win. We all win! The beauty of choice, and being in the golden age of TF fandom.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    If anybody is in the US and wants one, you can have mine (metallic version) for a good price. PM me.

18. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

Definitely would love those knee fillers and neck upgrade.
    Would the knee fillers be able to stay in for transformation?

19. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    @transformer_78 -

Everything looks amazing. Let us know when they’re ready to be sold :) 

• Like Like x 1