Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah that's depressing but not surprising

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

ShowZ said they'll reveal the price of AW next week or so. Let's hope it's not that high.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stinkyshawn

stinkyshawn Well-Known Member

oh my.... r u ready?

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Edit - I've not owned Apache for quite a while now but looking at my old pics he's not as tall as I remember. Looks very similar sized to MP09 so should be same height as Megatron.

5. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I can't help with TT Shortwave and I only have Apollyon right now, waiting for IT-01, but here's some pics anyway. The Maketoys seeker isn't a good fit imo and DS-01 works better, but that's just me.
    20211023_163136.jpg 20211023_163326.jpg 20211023_163519.jpg

Aside from this, I got my notice the other day to pay my PO at TFS Express and I'm in at $165 (not including my voucher) before shipping which by itself looks to be around $40 but I chose to hold my order for combined shipping since I have some other items on hold and/or wondering if it's worth it to wait for the tapes. I haven't paid much attention to this release lately, is there a date for the tapes yet?

• Like Like x 2
  6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Baba will beat ShowZ's price!!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Potato Rider

Potato Rider Purely a mode of transport, nothing weird

News Credits:
    Thanks! Lol I asked for the maketoys pic cause that's what I got, but I really need to get the DS. Looks like the cross-comparison pics with Tesla 2.0 was wrong because there's no way acoustic wave is gonna be as big as apache. Also there's been no release date on the tapes as far as I know.

8. marioxb

marioxb Well-Known Member

I think Maketoys is too large, and DS-01 is way too large. Mp52 is the perfect height according to the scale charts.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Potato Rider

Potato Rider Purely a mode of transport, nothing weird

News Credits:
    Eh scale chart is kinda dodgy to me cause it uses the cartoon model where they were at weird perspectives and stuff. I just go off what I remember in the cartoon which is that Soundwave is half a head/a head shorter than Megatron and Starscream is a hair shorter than Soundwave.

With the tapes I think RP/FT nailed the size of the Rumble/Frenzy in comparison to Acoustic Wave as I always think of Rumble (we are talking about the cartoon so he is blue) as a bit bigger than Spike as seen in one of the first few episodes which is why the Ocular Max tapes don't do it for me. Spike for me is also a bit above the waist of Bumblebee so somewhere around 3/4 the height of MP-45 and this Frumble mold will be perfect!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

What I don't like the size of though is this Ravage. He looks tiny but they nailed it and I guess he has to fit in Acoustic Wave's chest so what did I expect. I will say though it doesn't look like ravage's arms can move out which sucks a ton. Oh and this Laserbeak is perfect! Just gotta wait on that Ratbat mold...

• Like Like x 1
  10. RustyScreamer

RustyScreamer Lurkin everyday, rarely postin

Wish that was true. I can’t remember the last time I purchased from Baba?……..?

11. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I used to buy from Baba all the time but he has like $20 shipping to Canada for everything, even though I can get it from his eBay site for $2.

Also I don’t get why he always has things at normal price but says it’s some really deep discount. Nobody on this earth is paying $270 for Locke!

65E71893-4800-41C7-B2E9-F1B394B69405.png

12. RustyScreamer

Yeah….Baba used to be Great. Now He/She’s moving into TfSource territory ☹️

• Like Like x 1
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Literally what TFscource does. Just trying to get cash out of suckers who don't know anything I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Teletran-1

News Credits:
    Haha, speaking of which! Anyone for some regular price discounts?

0FA60722-B505-430F-A9CB-9114E89679E3.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  15. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    @divinecomedy already claimed the news credit for that TFSource ad. He’s a company man.

• Like Like x 5
  16. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I don't know if people are getting the same coupons I've been getting, but Baba keeps giving out 5 dollars off for anything above 100, and I am also a VIP member. For me Locke comes out to be 146 dollars shipped.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Teletran-1

News Credits:
    Also did you guys see he’s changing eBay names for some reason. I used to get coupons but it’s been a while.

54769358-4667-47AF-815F-26B1FDBC2004.png ED6436A6-3272-41BE-BDFC-9F85352CF224.png

I never reached VIP with Baba, and I’ve only saved $150 with points at ShowZ? I guess I’m not the big timer I thought I was. Divine you don’t get Christmas cards form Baba do you?

• Like Like x 7
  18. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I dont think so and that's my opinion. I dont know where the "scale chart" came from but...........
    Exactly!

Starscream & friends are definitely taller in most scenes throughout the toon than the MP representations we've had and definitely a lot taller than MP-52. There are so many times where the seekers are almost the same height as Megatron with Soundwave & Shockwave being right there too which makes the average but the times where there is a drastic height difference are not that many. There are so many inconsistencies throughout the cartoon so I say get whatever figure is the best looking character to you not what a scale chart says.

I like that with DS-01 I can extend the double hinge on his heels/thrusters and give him more height because that's how I remember, and how I still see him when I rewatch episodes. Can't wait for Thundercracker and Skywarp. I'm ok with the height of MP-13 but that's the borderline for me so I'm hoping Acoustic Wave comes a bit taller. I really like Quakeblast for his overall look, color and height are perfect but I'd gladly add a more toon accurate Shockwave to my collection if the proportions are more like Quakeblast.

• Like Like x 2
  19. RustyScreamer

Something to keep an eye on for sur. Hopefully It’s a confident change of hands…..That’s all we can hope at this point..

• Like Like x 1
  20. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    I stopped buying from his eBay store once eBay started charging sales tax ...... I love Baba, but I love my wallet even more!! That's how I started buying from his website.

In the end, you've gotta stick with what works.

• Like Like x 7