Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

My guess was going to be $40 for shipping, but this is what Bombusbee currently says.
    upload_2021-9-27_14-44-22.png

As someone who pre-ordered with Bombusbee I'm going to feel good if I get away with $180 total ($154.99 + $25). But @Teletran-1 has a point that Bombusbee's total price seems to be a gamble each time. Sometimes they're giving away free stands and undercutting all competition by $50 and sometimes they end up $20 more than ordering from TFSource (well initial TFSource, not 4 price increases later TFSource). I've got 3 PO with Bombusbee right now and am very relieved that the big dollar one appears to be working out. If Bombusbee says $40 later I suppose I'll be annoyed, although $40 is what I was hoping for all along (under $200 total).

Maybe this recent trend of FT upping production (or declining demand !?!?!) sticks around where the non-USA sellers are able to cut prices a lot better. Perhaps that talk of "Mordor demanding all shops match MSRP" is starting to loosen up and Bombusbee/ShowZ/Terry/Baba will have the flexibility to lower their prices again. Well at least Bombusbee who seems to be the only one currently able to secure stock early. Those other 3 seem to be at the mercy of whatever is left over once the figure is widely released. Terry/Baba/ShowZ have been unable to offer additional PO on most FT figures the past year or so (FT Cyclonus and FT Insecticons for example).

Just glad I missed a PO at this place.
    upload_2021-9-27_14-56-26.png

• Like Like x 7
  2. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Why should you feel like you're "getting away" with something. It's a good price. A fair price. It's the same as what TFS Express have him for, give or take a few dollars. I don't feel like it's a steal. I just thinking it's reasonable. That TFSource price is disgusting though. TFS Express is the one place where they are straight up about the price from the get go. After that it's all about the shipping to whatever country you're in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I thought about pre-ordering at BBB for a while but I have a pre-order at ShowZ so I just stuck with that. Hard to tell where to pre-order these days, sometimes it seems to pay to wait til release. Definitely curious about ShowZ’s price now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Poors complaining about prices all the time!!! Makes my head hurt!!! ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  5. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

Same here. I still have my ShowZ Acoustic Wave PO from back when he was up for pre-order in May of 2020 lingering around. Really hoping they get him for a decent price.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SquishyOH

When I said "getting away with something" mentioning Bombusbee I think it was more in the vein of "escaping the roulette wheel of chance" rather than getting a steal. This has been the one PO I've been worried about that perhaps I screwed myself by trying Bombusbee. Not the best feeling to have whenever this thread pops up. Some of those FT Dino shipping prices had me sweating. But now that you mention it:

If someone has a 6 year old or 8 year old PO from someplace that still managed the honor a $120 price, that would be a true steal. God bless anyone if that happens to them.
    Bombusbuee for $184.99 total does feel like winning the PO gamble this time. A small steal.
    TFS Express at $200 total does feel like a good price and I'm happy for those who managed a PO there.
    USA MSRP of $249.99 is a bit steep for this guy, but that's what the market was willing to bear. We'll see what happens in the future but I see nothing unfair here. Just capitalism doing its thing and winds may change.
    USA PO for $289.99 just rubs me the wrong way.

Others may feel different about their PO and some customers seem ready to skip this guy on the assumption that Takara will go for Soundwave 2.0 in the near future. Don't think there are many "wrong" opinions to have here. if you're an older collector who was used to smaller MP at $60 and bigger ones at $110 then I really envy your earlier success and my wallet wishes prices were still like that today.

• Like Like x 1
  7. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Did Bombusbee say anything about release date?

8. SquishyOH

Still says September 2021 in that snippet up above from Bombusbee's website.

9. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Yeah the thing is October 1 to October 7 is Golden Week in China. Post offices etc will be closed.

• Like Like x 2
  10. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

More than the scale arguments, more than the complaints about accuracy, more than the abuse fans of This Range get from fans of That Range, more than scalping, and even more than MP44, the thing I think I like least and find most offensive on here and Facebook groups are comments about "poors". Putting it in blue doesn't change that.

We buys toys for fun. We're not poor.

Sorry, but I've seen it several times in the last few days and it's been getting to me.

Grumble over. As you were.

• Like Like x 4
  11. BB03

BB03 Singularity

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Methinks you missed the joke.

We use blue text for fun. We're not mean. At least not all the time

• Like Like x 4
  12. mrspingly

No, I got the "joke". I used some blue text myself, and I explicitly said that using blue text doesn't make it better.

It's the school bully defence: mock and belittle someone, make them feel awful about themself, then say "I was only joking".

It's been used often, especially recently and by certain members, and not always in blue (not that this should make a difference). I don't like it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Schrödinger's DOUCHE: Says mean shit and then waits for someone to be offended. If they are, then replies with "just joking" and if they aren't, just keeps on saying mean shit...

• Like Like x 3
  14. mrspingly

Anyway, I don't wish to derail the thread. All the recent uses piled up and got to me.

Let's return to Soundwave!

I have ordered this not-FT-honest-guv version out of curiosity. I think that MP13 looks better overall, but the toy decoration version of RP tempted me. I wouldn't be surprised if I sold RP and kept MP13, though. It's just so nicely G1-toy!

soundwave_teams.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Is “stimulus dependent collectors” an acceptable new speak phrasing to describe a population of people who are buying luxury items they can’t afford?

• Like Like x 5
  16. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    Or sarcasm and tone is difficult to differentiate in text in a forum where most people have never talked to each other, in an age where people are easily offended, but I’m sure that’s because no one’s on your level, Richard Pryor.

• Like Like x 5
  17. mrspingly

After a while, you get a feel for the intended tone...

Untitled.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just think it's extremely tacky and not funny at all. Especially when it's posted constantly. There's a small crew of posters that just spam FT threads with nonsense.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Hell, text to speech had me thinking he was talking about the moors all this time

Moors - Wikipedia

>no blue required

20. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's always been excessively negative, but I sort of like that he's found a niche where he's less depressed / borderline self-harm-sounding, and more purely sarcastic/cynical. I trust he's in a better mindspace and I'm sure the Likes we toss his way have helped him evolve to find a home there rather than in darker places.

• Like Like x 2