Robot Paradise RP-01/01B Acoustic Wave (Formerly FansToys FT-02) G1 Soundwave & Cassette

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Seth Sunthay, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    How dare you not jump to conclusions because you don’t have the facts! I choose to feel MY truth and I feel that FT is taking food out of my children’s mouth because of their greed and desire for world domination. Damn you Fanstoys…Perfect Fusion…Robot Paradise!!!!

72D10BE1-CD25-48BE-B049-F3EB27199983.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:

No doubt. Remember when TT torpedoed the first version of FT-02? They probably did that to teach their Chinese distributor a lesson, but now they've decided to kiss and make up.

• Like Like x 3
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Considering inflation didn’t almost increase 100% in the US nor China, it’s pretty easy to determine it was in fact, to increase profit.

You just can’t reasonably argue it isn’t.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Dpuff

Dpuff Aka buddy

News Credits:
    I didn't see anyone saying it wasnt for profit. But to tbf I skim alot. Im saying we dont know what all else might be involved and it doesnt make a lot of sense to even try to figure most of it out other than just bc we have nothing better to do and feel like disagreeing with someone. Whether its for profit or to cover expense.
    @Hoffman nailed it
    For the record i have nothing better to do and feel like disagreeing alot lol

• Like Like x 3
  5. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

5942439E-A194-48CC-A6E0-1A80E43322EA.gif
    If that happens I will feel like a princess in a fairytale

• Like Like x 1
  6. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I knew the backpacks were getting bigger for a reason.

• Like Like x 5
  7. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    dalianjj and Hasui JJ holding hands and making products together?

That's probably the vision behind the creation of Robot Paradise.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    But is really that easy to determine? Asia is facing another round of COVID restrictions, the price of raw materials has been rising, there is a shortage in products so factory time is more of a premium, increased shipping cost, unknown retail markup and Acoustic Wave had a redesign which required extra funds. I am sure there is a profit element mixed in there too.

With all that, the price of the figure (adjusted for inflation) is about the 2013 Takara release of MP-13 of $200 is pretty in-line for an MP figure with this release.

• Like Like x 3
  9. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Whatever makes you happy.

10. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    It's not just FT bumping prices now. Planet X also recently bumped the price of their upcoming Grimlock by 30 bucks.

At the same time, companies like G-Creation and Badcube seem to have no problem maintaining their old prices.

Is there some opportunistic price "setting" going on? No doubt, but as long as customers are still willing to pay, .........

• Like Like x 3
  11. Fortynickel

News Credits:
    Not about feelings, just the facts. I didn’t drop money on this either.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

I've been using them for a few years now and am happy with their service. He's been prompt with answering questions resolving any order or shipping issues. They offer varying shipping options and now that the COVID crisis has subsided a bit, I haven't had to wait more than a few weeks for the item(s) to arrive.

Some complain that ShowZ jumps the gun a little on putting up pre-orders when a new figure announcement or updates are posted on Twitter, a fair complaint, but at least you have the opportunity to lock in your pre-order ahead of time, even if you end up waiting several years before actual release as opposed to waiting till the product officially goes up for pre-order and miss out during the pre-order window on a hot item before everywhere is instantly sold out.

Even if prices are rising, I still prefer using them over some of the US based stores.

• Like Like x 2
  13. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    And facts dictate $100 increase can not be made from most of the factors. $20-$30 increase at most, maybe. But not $100. If things were that bad that quickly, toys and other non essential items would have doubled in price in stores.

14. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

Your argument is weak. :thumbdown  Here is a novel idea. Provide some evidence

• Like Like x 1
  15. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Remember. Inflation of X% does not mean that every single item out there will increase by X%. Used car prices surged by 30% since last year: https://www.cars.com/articles/used-car-prices-spiked-30-in-just-one-year-436989/, heck Cheetos went up from 1.75 to 1.99 (darn tragedy), but the overall inflation across the economy is supposedly around 5%.

Stonks and a whole lot of other big boys stuff did appreciate by almost 100%

• Like Like x 2
  16. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    This is a luxury good. While inputs could represent a cost increase, we don’t see all plastic or manufactured items from China jumping in price. That it’s a luxury good implies less demand increase and more “because-you’ll-pay-it” increase… which the preorder madness has well confirmed. TT has also shown that an MP collector and his money are soon parted. FT’s been slowly ratcheting up prices and this is a surprise?

• Like Like x 4
  17. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Realist

A lot of the car surge has to do with the microchip shortage and the lack of new cars available. Car companies are getting sticker price for new cars while used car demand has surged because of that. I think in general, theblast few years are hard to judge any trends because of Covid and various surplus checks. Let's wait and see what happens over the next couple of years and if these prices maintain ot if they fall off a cliff. I know I certainly wouldn't buy a house in the current market.

• Like Like x 1
  18. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Yeah, but my point stands i.e. you can't apply a uniform inflation number across all goods and services. Heck earlier I mentioned how you can still get or PO GCreation and Badcube figures at pretty much old prices while you'll have to pony up a whole lot more money for FT figures.

The US government also measures inflation in a way that helps them lower COLA (Cost of Living Adjustment) i.e. they don't really care about real inflation, they just want to pay the lowest amount possible. So if someone quotes X as the inflation number, that might actually be understated.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Simp4Arcee

Simp4Arcee Well-Known Member

I think PVC anime figures are even worse, not so much because of increased cost of raw materials and labor but because people will pay it.
    I've seen a sharp increase in just the last couple years of scale figure prices across the board at anywhere between a 50-80% mark-up. Not just high-end companies like Alter or GSC but even middle to lower tier companies like Kotobukiya and Union Creative. Even Nendoroids are averaging in the $60-$70 range these days.
    Although a lot of those figures are produced in China, I don't think it's necessarily China exclusive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RebelM

RebelM Well-Known Member

Please enough with the price analysis. I'm begging you. It is in every thread- covered by many and all economic expert consultants - nobody is adding anything new to the argument.

I normally lurk in the background to avoid a target which I accept will now be painted on my back, but c'mon pick faults/ praise / compare the figure in question (even price yes, just drop the material x costs this now so profit is that...)

• Like Like x 12