Minor/Repaint: Robot Masters Optimus Primal

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DJsCustoms, Nov 15, 2016.

1. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Got this figure back in 2013 since I felt the Ultra Primal was too big and bulky to be in-scale with the new rhinox&rattrap. Of course, turned out RM Primal was actually too SMALL to be in-scale as well, so...Just no winning til Masterpiece.

Nonetheless, I grabed a RM Primal and opted to repaint it. Didn't agree with any of the color choices on the actual RM Primal because I wanted show-accuracy, so I knew I was going to repaint it from the get-go. Since I was repainting literally every part of the figure, there was no need to avoid the less-overpriced "Burning Convoy" version.

This actually worked out as an amazing choice because the red translucent plastic actually gives a very nice effect on the dark gray fur.

BWRH OptimusPrimal1.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal2.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal3.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal4.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal5.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal6.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal7.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal8.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal9.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal10.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal11.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal12.JPG

Speaking of scale though...This figure actually DOES work beautiful in scale with both Jungle Planet Megatron and a variety of Basic figures. Deluxe Rhinox and Deluxe Dinobot/2.0 Dinobot also scale perfectly.
    I feel that if you wanted to create a non-masterpiece beast wars lineup, Robot Masters Primal would fit in just prime.
    BWRH OptimusPrimal13.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal14.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal15.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal16.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal17.JPG BWRH OptimusPrimal18.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Looking good, still wish they did more BW Homages like Primal and Megatron like the Cybertron versions.

3. DJsCustoms

DJsCustoms Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    To be fair we did get Lio Convoy out of Leobreaker and Cyrotek out of Scourge. Not counting botcon exclusives of course.

4. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they were just repaints, not new molds. By the way, loving the paint details

5. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Cool!