Robot Hero RH02-Airwolf ( G1 Springer)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ArkhamSoldier, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Excited for Legacy Sandstorm/SS86 Springer

News Credits:
    Welp, it's official. This figure is now officially "Air Waffle the ROFLcopter!" :D 

• Like Like x 1
  2. MacrossA

MacrossA Well-Known Member

Thanks!

3. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Aaaannnnd for COM-PAIR-UH-SON,

Here he is wirh Siege Springer... So you can see how that works out.

20211110_005449.jpg 20211109_235206.jpg 20211110_002847.jpg

And yes, I know he doesn't belong with this group, but since I don't have any MP TFTM 86 figures, he'll just live here for now.
    20211110_010359.jpg

Still futzing around with the faction symbol. I like the larger symbol, but if I center it, it gets partially covered in vehicle mode. It's a really fun, simple, and ingenious transformation. He doesn't fit any of my shelves, but I really like him.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Got mine yesterday and, tbh, I'm underwhelmed. I thought I wasn't 'that' bothered about Springer and this guy would do the job, but, in hand, and having remembered handling Saltus, I think I'll need Apache or Saltus - if I can find the original deco version cheapish - as his lack of heft and 'straight up and down' general frame just didn't do it for me. Also, his gun is rubbish. YMMV I guess.

5. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair enough.

I agree the gun is rather pish. I posted about that as well. The figure does lack weight of its fellow Springers.

IMO more bang for your buck with this offering of Springer. The lack of heft allows it to achieve some extreme poses you won’t achieve from MMC or FTs offerings.

You are comparing £130+ figures against one for £50-55. You would expect Saltus/Apache to be the premium figure having the heft, finish and presence in a display given the financial outlay. When you say cheapish are you taking sub £100 for Saltus?

I think with RH they are achieving something else. More about regular transforming without fear of scratching/damage as well as doing the job of representing Springer in a display.

Hope you can get the Springer for your display.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Oh, I know there's no comparison really, I just wasn't expecting him to underwhelm as much as he has AND to suddenly decide I want a better version! I have Allen and I love his mahoosive stompers but I just felt like I wanted more heft and a more classic look too.

TBH as far as Saltus goes, I'd say under £120 for the original version. I really don't care for the new redeco - but I still see the most recent Apache reissue around for about £130ish so I may just go for him.

I'm genuinely surprised to find myself with opinions about Springer!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Excited for Legacy Sandstorm/SS86 Springer

News Credits:
    Finally got around to file more of the chest pegs. Mine were really bad. I couldn't even force it (and actually have bruise on my thumbprint from trying! Lol)

The top ones were easy enough. I just used the Emery Boards (aka nail file) and it appeared to work fine. There's still a very slight gap in the plastic that I think might be the bottom peg, but I'm not sure where to file that one and didn't want to overshoot it and end up overdoing it. Until then, it's good enough for me. The gap is more apparent in photos than in person.

Aside from this one thing (it definitely bugged me) I would say AW is a fantastic success in my eyes. It's fun, beautiful, and I almost wish I could get 2 more! Lol I saw some people mention that drab gun and yes, I think it's very plain too. I actually gave BS's gun to AE and I think it looks better.

If I had to choose my favorite Springer, it would have to be MMCs because it has that touch of life, but this one is unapologetically fun to pose. :D 

I hope everyone else is enjoying this figure as much as I am!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Casetronic

Casetronic Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I hope Robot Hero continues producing more of these hybrid TFs with masterpiece scale/looks with the play-ability of the main-lines.

• Like Like x 3
  9. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    please please reissue the galvatron I can’t do $300+ for a Galvatron

10. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Airwolf is getting ready to drop into my stash at TCP.

11. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    After spending a week in FedEx limbo mine arrived (thanks ShowZ!). After loving but being painfully disappointed by the original, I am thrilled to have an improved version. This is everything I wanted from the original. While I really love Allen and Saltus, I feel like this one is a marriage of the best of each. I was worried his colors would be too dark but they aren’t as dull to the naked eye.

53D6E6D8-B324-49CA-B6EC-8BCFADF5D473.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Thighvastator

Thighvastator Well-Known Member

Received my Airwolf today, and even though I also got Apache and Saltus-A recently, I really like how toy-like Airwolf is, and that price is irresistible, you're getting a decent triple changer in MP scale for less than the MP-22 KO lol, with this kind of deal some compromises are to be expected. Having said so I think the finish on Airwolf hits the right spot, what paint is there looks good enough for display but won't ever make you afraid of messing around with it. Articulation is below Saltus of course but still pretty good. Weight distribution is also very good, and the figure is very stable as a result even though the ankle joints might feel kind of weak coming off from Saltus. Airwolf's ankle joints certainly do not have to support as much weight as their equivalents on the other chunky choppers, though. Airwolf weighs a mere 350g - and I like how solid he feels despite that CHUG-tier number lol. Face sculpt is cool to say the least, that jawline really is miles better than the old Big Spring's.

I do hope RH or someone else continues making these low price, high value MP scale bots. In my opinion this figure has the same spirit as the Magic Square MP Optimus which I also have - big figures that are meant to be played with but can also serve as display pieces just fine.

Just a quick shot right out of the box:
    IMG_20211124_004902-01.jpeg

Might try to fix the chest and belly tabs tomorrow.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Thighvastator

Thighvastator Well-Known Member

Turns out I just had to push the belly tab a bit more firmly. It now clicks into place securely and I can now lift the entire figure by only holding the chest. Also the chest tabs don't even need sanding, all I had to do was give each tab a single drop of silicone shock oil.

Some more terrible pics of the figure (didn't feel like busting out the light box today lol):
    IMG_20211124_123209-01.jpeg IMG_20211124_122858.jpg IMG_20211124_093657.jpg IMG_20211124_093313.jpg IMG_20211124_013547.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

Comparisons:
    IMG_20211108_220007.jpg
    IMG_20211108_220135.jpg
    IMG_20211108_223132.jpg
    IMG_20211108_222001.jpg

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  15. darkeros

darkeros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Got mine today. I hope these guys continue making more products like improving Takara MP Rodimus with better facesculpt and better QC

rsz_dscf0260.jpg

rsz_dscf0261.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not sure if this is going to be a common issue or not, but I just had to open up the hips and waist on my Airwolf to lube the ratchets, they were starting to offer a lot of resistance and sound... crunchy.

It was just 5 screws, really easy to open, just watch for the springs causing bits of plastic to fly off :v

17. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

New toy! Airwaffle is great fun. I'm not sure where he ranks in my Springers yet - better than Apache, differently good from Saltus, and Virtus is too new to compare. An excellent deskbot.

springers_1a.jpg
    springers_2a.jpg
    springers_3a.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome to the owners club of Airwofl.

Switching between all modes can be done in record breaking speed and with no fear of scuffing/chipping the figure. You won’t be able to do that with any of the other springers.

This Springer isn’t the most accurate in bot mode but on a shelf does a great job of representing the character. Whilst not having the articulation of some representations he can be balanced and displayed in positions that other figures would dream of. The three alt modes are pretty good and fun to go between.

Icing on the cake is that this figure doesn’t require a mortgage to own it and you get great bang for your buck.

• Like Like x 4
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they could undersize this and make it CHUG-scale, Siege Springer would go bye bye.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SJW

SJW Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d be all over that. You would think it would be relatively easy for RH to do given how KBB managed to do a decent job downscaling MP10 with their MP10V.

• Like Like x 1