Robosen Optimus $699.99 Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blastoff2334, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Do you think this new product could be stepping away from what we love about Transformers as toys?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. No

327 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

It was in stock this morning, but it would say "out of stock" when you tried to preorder it.

2. achyle

achyle New Member

Just got one, I'm not passing on this

3. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    It wouldn't be Optimus Prime without the matrix as an accessory. There's probably no room in that chest the way the head is stored.

4. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

The Matrix ever only showed up on Prime's death bed.

This Prime is not planning on dying so no Matrix is needed. ;) 

• Like Like x 6
  5. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Similar to the Ark it sold out with a particular estimated release date (8/2) and is now back up with a later release date (10/1). They must have allocated another batch for later in the year. My order still says 8/2.

• Like Like x 2
  6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    uk people get on it if you want omegalock( tfs-express) to get this !! they are trying to secure a deal but need to know if there is enough demand so leave a comment on their status
    Genesis Toys

prime.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

I hope this sells well and they are able to improve it, imagine a pocket sized version of this or one that transforms even faster

• Like Like x 3
  8. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    Perfect. I will do this. Was just coming back here to complain that it's now in stock again, but is US only.

9. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    what they said via pm

pm.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Racetrack

Racetrack Well-Known Member

I think it's amazing. We're really getting close now to walking, talking robots we all dreamed of in the 80s. I wouldn't buy it though. The novelty will wear off in a couple of days. Also I worry about parts breaking. Just one motor or circuit breaking will stop it working and with 5000 parts then it's to be expected sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 2
  11. dragologer

dragologer "Such heroic nonsense"

Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That's what some of us thought Masterpiece Optimus would be. MP1. A once off.

And like MP1, this is a guaranteed seller. It has near universal appeal. You don't have to be a hardcore fan to appreciate this. You just need money. Is anyone even surprised first batch sold out so quickly?

If they can do a Bumblebee on the same level, I guarantee that will also sell. I'm sure there would also be demand for sportscar autobots like Sideswipe or Jazz. Which would then open the door to retools(albeit in a more limited release). They could reshell the same basic robot mechanism with G1 vintage or modern licenced altmodes. Beyond that the numbers might not make as much sense. I'm sure there are very few who would be all in to support a larger lineup.

Although a truck is a more forgiving altmode. People are more tolerant of gaps between the seams than on a sleek supercar. With manual transformation you can finesse it a bit if the fit is tight, but for these figures, they would have to take special care to ensure the servos don't jam.

There is probably also a market for the movieverse designs, no doubt those would be a more challenging proposition from a design standpoint, and whether satisfactory results could be achieved would factor into how viable that would be.

• Like Like x 2
  13. fpjones3

fpjones3 Well-Known Schmuck

Personally speaking, it's more of practicality. Since tech as we know it is evolving at an exponential rate (still no flying cars tho (-_-)), in a couple of years there's going to be another Optimus that has more features and better movements, not like sluggo here. This figure is indeed amazing, but it's also the Model T.

Nah. But you sound like them non-transforming TF critics: bUt d0eS iT tRaNsf0Rm?

Just yanking your chain. :p 

14. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

In hindsight, while the figure is still pretty cool. I think it takes away the puzzle solving aspect of actually trying to transform a figure and putting in the good pose for it too.

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Don't you have enough G1 Optimus Prime toys that you have to transform yourself?

• Like Like x 6
  16. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

17. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

If it has the same software capabilities as their generic figure then the new puzzle is programming him to do exactly what you want instead of figuring out how to transform him the first time and then the puzzle is done. Wonder if you can leave him in a pose you create or he has to go back to initial stance after every action sequence.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not really? We have collectables that don't even transform that are highly sought after. We're beyond the times where people only collect Transformers just for the transformation gimmick.

It definitely does, but the people who are buying these aren't interested in the puzzle aspect. The same way people who buy non-transforming figures, like myself, are here for something else (accuracy in the case of non-transforming figures).

• Like Like x 5
  19. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    My wife just ordered it after watching the video. She said, “I must have this! It’s so cool!”

I’m totally at a loss for words.

• Like Like x 12
  20. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last I checked out Transformer toys don't talk back, walk/drive themselves, or do sick-ass action poses either.

• Like Like x 6