Robosen Optimus $699.99 Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blastoff2334, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Do you think this new product could be stepping away from what we love about Transformers as toys?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. No

327 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. AlwaysG1Fan

AlwaysG1Fan Member

I went through a similar experience in the U.S. around mid November. In addition to what you guys tried, I also called them. First I left a message and there was some back and forth text messages. It took forever to get a text message but at least it was something. After I wasn't satisfied with the answer on one of the texts, I called them again and an actual person picked up. That person then forwarded my concerns to Robosen. Later in the day I got a call from Robosen and that got the ball rolling for me. Immediately after the phone call I got an email stating additional info about my order and when to expect it. Here is the number. Good luck. 1(800) 298-1623

2. Jumble Cashback

Jumble Cashback Earth Germ

News Credits:
    It's odd how much about their communications seems to come down to simply getting their attention. If you don't, it as though your order doesn't even exist. If you do, they can have some reassurances with you in seconds. Which does suggest that the bulk of their administration is focused on the logistics of actually managing the orders, rather than communicating any information about their status to the customer. That bodes well in the long-term, but is very frustrating in the here-and-now, where so much trust has to be placed in them to deliver on their vague promises.

One interesting thing that came up during my last Facebook chat with them was that, at one point, the person advising me told me to "go to www.Robosen.com - click LIVE CHAT -- Luis our Manager will be standing by .....". This didn't end up happening, as it was established shortly after that I was UK-based and was advised to contact the 'supportUSA' address, but later on I decided to have a look into the 'Live Chat' function, to see if that might actually yield some useful results. Now, I don't know if this is just a UK thing, but I could see no sign on the Robosen.com website of a 'Live Chat' option of any kind. I'd be interested to know if anyone's been able to use it.

3. AlwaysG1Fan

AlwaysG1Fan Member

Agreed. I wouldn't have been so persistent with them if we were talking about a cheap item. I don't remember ever seeing a live chat option on Robosen's site. I only recall seeing an area where you could send them a message through their website.

4. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And this is why ^^^ I chose to get it directly from pulse when it came up for pre order the second time, not having to deal with some mainland bs customer service....I got him yesterday and he's a big boi!

5. AlwaysG1Fan

AlwaysG1Fan Member

If they were in stock at Hasbro pulse during the time I ordered from Robosen, I definitely would have ordered from Hasbro Pulse (plus it was 100.00 cheaper). With limited stock sold out at Hasbro Pulse, there was no other choice but to order from Robosen.

6. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:

i think its on the right bodem on their site?
    upload_2021-12-19_14-34-31.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jumble Cashback

News Credits:
    Well spotted! That's it alright, although it's telling me that their agents are not available at the moment. Probably because it's half six in the morning in LA right now. But I'll check again later. Thanks for the heads-up :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. GT3RS

GT3RS Member

^ wow...
    Given that both robosen.ca and robosen.com have OP for sale right now I'd think the supply part should have eased off already. I feel like most people in NA have already gotten theirs.

9. fallenspartan

fallenspartan Banned

I would like to see more self transforming toys like this one become more common place. A Robosen Grimlock would make my life feel complete!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Broomop

Broomop Member

Update I spoke in chat about this I paid my.debts I'm getting it shipped Monday. If anyone wants this for xmas.present can sell for £1,000 .. I waited so long for this it's now got me in debt lol.

11. Jumble Cashback

News Credits:
    Finally got to use the 'chat' function and speak to someone. I told them my order number, they confirmed my address and told me to hang on while they asked to get it shipped. Moments later, UPS tracking information popped into my e-mail inbox and I was informed they were already loading it into a truck. Couldn't believe it.

(Of course I still won't fully believe it until the thing's in my house.)

• Like Like x 5
  12. Broomop

Broomop Member

Another £170 dutys tax I have to pay also got hit £50 conversion fee. since I had no money and had to mess about to pay for the toy.

If anyone is willing to just buy this thing for £1200 from me and live in London area... I really wanted.it.to disappointed now on all the hurdles i had to go through to get it.

13. daniel7777

daniel7777 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas Everyone!

• Like Like x 12
  14. fallenspartan

fallenspartan Banned

What a lovely video! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

• Like Like x 1
  15. daniel7777

Thank you!
    Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is so awesome and wholesome!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

• Like Like x 1
  17. daniel7777

Thanks. Merry Christmas!

credits to Robosen.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Sold my Robosen Optimus on eBay and the buyer is stating that the head isn't coming out when he transforms. Has anyone had that problem? Does anyone know if Robosen offers support if there is an issue like this? Thank you.

19. GT3RS

GT3RS Member

it seems like Robosen has an AMA on Reddit right now at r/transformers.

20. GT3RS

GT3RS Member

I read through their warranty policy and it looks like they only do honor it for the original purchaser