Robosen Optimus $699.99 Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blastoff2334, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Do you think this new product could be stepping away from what we love about Transformers as toys?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. No

327 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

I think my order status has changed from awaiting processing to awaiting fulfilment?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm selling a few of the automatic head panels I made, PM me if interested.

3. dbrn

dbrn Active Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here, not a collector just a first gen G1 fan (bought the Marvel comics off spinner racks) who couldn't resist this Prime. It's the exact thing my 10-year old self would have died over.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about possibly adding new sounds, ie audio clips? There are some clips from the Sunbow series I'd love to add and build movements around, but I can't find anything about that anywhere online. Any thoughts?

EDIT: anyone know about adding new voice commands?

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  4. Broomop

Broomop Member

im uk they sent this last week.

"

We're excited to announce that we have FINALLY received our long awaited shipment, which is now within the USA, and are gearing up now to ship your order!

We have marked you down to be included in our first batch of shipments going out, so expect a confirmation email & your item to arrive in the coming week or so.

Thank you again -- we CAN’T WAIT for you to receive and use your new Optimus Prime! We can’t thank you enough for the wait, and the excitement!"

still nothing after this message.

5. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

...and now back to awaiting processing.

6. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Me too. If they ever make it available to UK I'll be sorely tempted... providing they don't increase the price too much. (Some hope. Heh.)

I so love the fact you can program him yourself.

7. Goose24

Goose24 Well-Known Member

Just got mine in the mail and it's great! Thanks @MegaMoonMan

8. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

PM'd.

9. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Assuming it's possible definitely will go for one once the holiday expenses are over.

10. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    It is possible to add audio clips from the cartoon added into Robosen Optimus. So it is possible
    Check out KongTing’s you tube videos.

If you connect and download his code in his comments through USB, audio will transfer over as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. starscream1989

starscream1989 Member

Has anyone else in the UK who ordered from the Robosen website received their Optimus' yet?

I have received NO emails or communication from them. I paid $71 for international shipping back in April, and have emailed both [email protected] and [email protected] asking for updates, but I'm not getting any replies.

Does anyone have an email address which does respond to enquries?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide

13. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Ended up selling mine. Just couldn't justify keeping it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dbrn

dbrn Active Member

Thanks, this is awesome! But I still don't know how he associated the sound file with the movements. Like, I can create custom moves with the app, but how do you associate the mp3 with it so they play together??

15. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Finally got my shipping notice from ShowZ today! Now it's just a matter of waiting! I can't wait! Hope it arrives before Christmas!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

I thought Robosen were not delivering to the UK directly?

17. GT3RS

GT3RS Member

Robosen now seem to have a Canadian site as well. Maybe you can try their support page and see if they get back to you.
    Support

18. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

I think some people from UK submitted orders before Robosen made that explicit. To their credit Robosen decided to honour those orders.

• Like Like x 1
  19. starscream1989

starscream1989 Member

Thanks for that, I'll see if they can help :) 

I wish they'd honour my order! Just an ackowledgement email as a minimum with an update would be good so I know what's happening.....

20. Jumble Cashback

Jumble Cashback Earth Germ

News Credits:

I was told a while back that my UK order would be honoured and got my invoice for the remaining payment from them about a week ago, which I paid within the hour. I got a receipt from the payment service (Quickbooks, in case you're wondering), but nothing directly from Robosen, either confirming the payment or delivery details. I messaged them through their Facebook page (which is usually the quickest way to get a reply) and they told me all was good and that the item was in stock, so should be with me soon - until they realised I was in the UK (something I've pointed out to them many times already) at which point they told me to e-mail [email protected]. This e-mail address is the only one that has responded to my e-mails in the past, so I sent them an e-mail asking for more details about fulfilling the order and I got the usual automated reply telling me they aim to always reply within 48 hours. That was a full week (or 168 hours) ago. Nothing back so far, so I messaged their Facebook again yesterday. Apparently, they haven't seen this message yet.

Given that they have taken nearly $900 of my money, I'm getting a little impatient with their will-they won't-they attitude to responding to enquiries. I understand that they are quite a small company and that this is likely a very busy and uncertain time, but, as yet I've had precisely no details about how or when they plan to get my order to me. If they don't know themselves, that's one thing, but they've invoiced me now. So either they do know and are just taking a very long time to convey the information, or they're asking for (and accepting) payment of the full amount, without any certainty that they can actually hold up their end of the bargain. Either way, it's not great form.

• Like Like x 1