Robosen Optimus $699.99 Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blastoff2334, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Do you think this new product could be stepping away from what we love about Transformers as toys?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. No

327 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    Yes, you can enter in someone else’s block code’s value- but take your time doing it. If you rush you will fail and Optimus will fall.

3 different ways to add new “movements/scenes:

• You can manually pose Optimus and take a “snapshot” of the pose and create multiple “snapshots” to create a scene.

• You can use the block code (like above) to create a scene and you can make thousands of adjustments to the code from speed,delay,and range in each of the 27 different joints typically by 1 degree.

• You can download someone’s created code from a friend through USB

This is so much more than I expected.To tell you the truth I would have paid $500+ for a statue of Optimus in his meditation mode: B0D350F5-F707-45FD-9FFA-9C4DC78A2F34.jpeg

You need to see him in person, to fully understand

No this will not get old any time soon- there are so many possibilities!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sqlwizard

Sqlwizard Well-Known Member

Really cant wait to leave the pending unfulfilled club..very excited to start messing with prime..ty all for the updates

• Like Like x 1
  3. jsdubya

jsdubya Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree! After messing with the already included actions it becomes a robotic kit and coding app built around a childhood hero. It’s not something I’ll mess with every day but when I do I get lost in it for hours. It’s very therapeutic and has educational value. A word of caution though, when coding new actions maybe do it on a carpeted floor or somewhere where the unexpected fall isn’t going to do any damage. I made the mistake of entering a positive value on a leg movement when it should have been negative and OP ate dirt on my desk. Luckily there was no damage.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    What is the venue for owners to trade codes? I'm really interested in seeing what people have come up with already before I get mine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If that were mine I wouldn't hesitate to disassemble it. Cable probably just needs to be reseated.

Then again, I take things apart for fun, so maybe that's not for everyone.

6. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    Robosen Optimus Prime Codes

7. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    Optimus dance to Billie Jean/ Gangnam Style/ Jailhouse Rock

USB code in comments

Credit to KongTing

Give him a thumbs up and Subscribe- the work he has created so far is AMAZING!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm assuming you got yours from pulse? Interesting that they told you to go to robosen. That's why i canceled my pre order to go with pulse so i could deal with their csr instead of robosen, if there were any issues.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  9. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Got mine yesterday, and not gonna lie, I'm mentally 5 years old again watching this.

• Like Like x 4
  10. eightball386

eightball386 Active Member

Yes - and at least Pulse has responded. They basically said if another week goes by without anything from Robosen I can go back to Pulse and see if something can be worked out.

It’s been a week now of trying and despite calling their 800 number, emailing two separate Robosen support addresses and filling out their online support contact form I haven’t even received a confirmation email that I have a support ticket or something.

Really want to avoid it, but seems like I might have to set up a Facebook account just to start trying to get attention from them. So bummed, just want it work.

Very glad it seems like most people aren’t having any issues - would be really rough if this issue was widespread.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok that's good Pulse is willing to help...yeah I wouldn't even bother with Robosen IMO...I feel like that company is blah...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

The more I see of this thing the more ai want to experiment with it. Too bad it's not available in my country.

• Like Like x 1
  13. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

Well, mine was shipped on 10/13 from Hasbropulse via FedEx Smartpost. Tracking showed it was in my town on 10/16 and "on FedEx vehicle for delivery" (it specifically noted that it was being delivered by FedEx instead of USPS), then it was followed by some operational error and scheduled to deliver the next business day message. It hasn't changed since 10/16. FedEx suggested I call the shipper about it. I'm going to give it a few more days before trying to track it down again. I'm fine with waiting but it would suck if something this expensive gets lost.

FedEx has been hot garbage since the pandemic started, but I haven't had a package actually lost by them yet. Hopefully the 2nd biggest (after Unicron) and most expensive package I have shipped via FedEx ever isn't the first one that gets lost.

14. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Feel like a kid all over again…

B5C9F8EB-163F-451A-B8B7-9BC3CDA2BFDA.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  15. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I pre-ordered one of these at the higher $750 price point before-tax. I think I want to cancel that pre-order, but before I do I was wondering if there was anybody that would be interested in buying it from me for cost plus shipping, which would be around $800, with the caveat that I get to open it and use it just for a few days. PM me if you're interested.

16. Sqlwizard

LOL

17. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Just cancel it if money is tight dude.

Why would anyone be stupid enough to buy a used one from you is beyond me. Jesus Christ, I now have seen it all.

Man, I don’t think I’ve every been this busy with a TF in years…. Easy to say since MP01 was released (I was 20 at the time).

I’m having so much fun with this thing. I use my iPad Pro for my app customization needs and the iPhone when I need to play with it around the house. Great combination IMO.

18. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I too am having issues with the shipping from FedEx Smartpost. Shipment information on 10/12, actually started moving 10/15, expected for delivery on 10/19, then moved to 10/21, then 10/23, and now it is pending. It had a problem on its journey where the barcode was unreadable and had to be replaced.

Recently at my house, FedEx attempted to deliver some packages to me that weren't mine (the intended address had a number transposed) and they were driving a uHaul truck. I ran back and noted the error to him giving him back the packages. Ontrac also recently delivered to me out of a uHaul.

So I'm hopeful I will see it this week??? It departed from a city close to me on Friday night, and it's still in limbo, says "Pending" for the delivery date. Lameness. As long as I get it undamaged, I won't get fussed.

19. Sqlwizard

I too am having a similar problem with hasbro
    ...it keeps saying my order is pending fulfillment..lol..seriously though i had similar issues with my cang toys dive bomb..best of luck to you man..im sure you will get it monday
    .their service sucks on the weekends

20. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    What's stupid about buying one used, if they're sold out and going for a mark up? I'm just being honest.

• Like Like x 1