Robosen Optimus $699.99 Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blastoff2334, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Do you think this new product could be stepping away from what we love about Transformers as toys?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. No

327 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. Beast_Megatron

Beast_Megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am still exploring all of the features in the app. Notably, several pieces of Sunbow background music are included and can be programmed into customizable move sets along with Peter Cullen’s voice clips.

Also, my serial number is 101 for those curious.

• Like Like x 5
  2. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    He is AWESOME! No problems at all so far. App is extremely responsive. Has several new downloads for future moves.

We can create sequences for a custom moves to create and share here. I can only imagine this will help future coders.

I enjoy the challenges. So far I have become number 1 in the world on 2 challenges and number 2 and 3 on 2 others.
    39DFB864-7CE2-4153-987C-BC2A04B23704.png DD84938B-D735-41B6-A316-1C0DC488466F.png BE522E41-4F02-4295-9535-39AF0E825D6C.png AF1CCD55-DBC2-479F-85DA-AC361F0E58F2.png

Not sure why the other user had issues with him falling over. No problems at all so far for me. He runs like a dream. Remember he can only work on flat surfaces (no carpet,rugs grass ets…) I would recommend not transforming him on cement per the reviews of his knuckles scraping.

There is a bonus sequence that has not been shown yet that is AMAZING! I will not spoil it for you here as you deserve a few surprises and he needs to be seen in person.

Well done Robosen! Thank you Hasbro and Peter Cullen for your parts as well!

I am excited to see the future downloads/updates and what else you have in store for us.

~Till all are One!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

Just so you all know, the number on the box is not your serial number. That's just your numbered copy. The serial number is under the charging port and should be kept private because it grants you access to the exclusive Facebook group.

6. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I was gonna add on some other comments to the review thread after playing around with the figure some more.

The frequent falls is because he's an unwieldy mess. Our windshield ding is from having him on a flat surface. Our display base surface is probably too smooth, so his feet couldn't grip and toppled right over. Even powering up from sitting, he ended up toppling over maybe a 1/3 or 1/4 of the times so far.

We have very short rugs here. Even then, the motor strength isn't strong enough to go into a basic A-stance or turn around proper. The wheels seem fine in alt mode, though.

If he's on hard "flat" surfaces, his feet paint will wear out relatively quickly and get numerous scuffs. We already have some. The contact surfaces should've been left bare. Even Hasbro knows when not to paint certain surfaces.

The instruction manual is bizarre. It says you shouldn't be closer than 1m (~3 ft) from the figure when using, but in that case, you won't be able to catch him when he invariably tumbles over.

While powering down to "reboot", the other hand needs to support the body to prevent him from falling over.

The audio is a weird situation. There's the classic G1 music but none of the classic sound effects outside of transformation. Sounds like those odd Bayverse-G1 mashups you find on Youtube.

I'm still waiting to hear back from customer support about using custom sound files. One can replace the existing ones if they want, but since each action is set to an audio track rather than multiplexing different sound files, one would have to replace multiple sound files if they really don't like certain sound effects.

There needs to be a way to permanently disable auto pose. The app settings don't save on the bot itself. If he's holding his axe, and he decides to auto-Dab, then his arm will jam and get the annoying "reboot" message...over and over and over and over and over again.

Edit:
    We have a lot of different surfaces here to try. Not being able to use him fully on many "reasonable" surfaces is disappointing, especially those that can resist impact forces. He can still work on rugs or other surfaces with mild friction as long as it doesn't require significant leg movement.

That being said, melamine board seems to work OK in terms of letting him function fully and having some mild impact resistance compared to other woods. It's relatively lightweight and has that white coating on it.

7. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    I agree with you Ziltama, it would be great to be able to save the layouts you can do in the app… i.e.:
    • Convert Mode: Front/Back
    • Automatic Pose: On/Off.
    Hopefully Robosen will make updates to this and possibly allow even more voice commands.

Here this type of surfaces has worked great so far for me:
    image.jpg

8. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    This sums up my feelings almost perfectly. FedEx delivered mine a day early, and I’ve just barely started messing around with him (had him about an hour or so). That first transformation is jaw dropping and turns you into a kid all over again. I got cold chills! So far I’ve had him on the coffee table, hard wood floors, kitchen tiles and living room rug without any issues. This guy is simply amazing!

Oh, and I’ve got number 2136.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Got word that if you ordered this from Robosen Tmall or Taobao stores, you will receive a Chinese voice commands only version.

10. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Frustrating as my order shipped on 10/12, yet it's been stuck in transit in the same originating city since then. I'm worried it's been lost :( 

11. Sqlwizard

Sqlwizard Well-Known Member

Im just sitting here minding my own business...frefreshing bank info and haslab every feaking hour or so..waiting...just waiting..

12. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

lol

13. Sqlwizard

Damn who broke the haslab page

14. Sqlwizard

Nm in now

15. shadixpn

shadixpn Active Member

News Credits:
    Same here, waiting (un)patiently. Shipped 10/12 - estimated arrival on Sat 10/16, then bumped up to 10/15. Now 10/19 and no updates and no estimated delivery dates. Usually items that ship from Hasbro Pulse arrive in a day or two, before they even estimate an arrival date (PA -> OH).

16. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Just a Guy.

News Credits:
    Yea I ended up backing out on this a while back just because I don’t have a perfect flat surface and well reading all your reviews :p  good concept, not to perfect execution, I just didn’t wanna get one for it to get dings and damages

17. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

News Credits:
    Woo, got mine last night (one day early)! Took him out and fiddled with him a bit and realized my mumbling does not work well with the vocal commands (not a surprise). He at least brought a lot of laughs to my house.

My only complaint is that they did not cover up the outer box (it makes sense given the environment) so Transformers, the Autobot logo, Hasbro, and Robosen were there to tempt any porch pirate if they so dared (luckily my area is really safe from that thanks to a ton of cops living in the neighborhood).

Now I need some time to fiddle with the app and figure out how to program my own dance moves next.

Oh yeah, my number is 02073.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What kind of hellhole do you live in that doesn't have any flat surfaces? A mud hut?

The majority of reviews have been very positive, I've only seen one person make the "it falls over too much" claim.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Beast_Megatron

Beast_Megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say he works 100% of the time on a totally flat surface and 95% of the time on an average carpet.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man i wish i had one :(  glad you guys have it

• Like Like x 1