Robosen Optimus $699.99 Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blastoff2334, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Do you think this new product could be stepping away from what we love about Transformers as toys?

1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. No

276 vote(s)
    78.2%
  1. twilightgod

twilightgod Well-Known Member

Not sure if the package is still there for this 2nd wave
    PREMIUM PACKAGING AND PROTECTIVE TRAVEL CASE
    Included with this Limited Collector’s Edition is a premium protective foam travel case to keep Optimus Prime secure when storing or traveling with your robot.

2. Sqlwizard

Sqlwizard Well-Known Member

So did anyone that ordered the first round actually get theirs in august? Mine got delayed till october

3. lilmac

lilmac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’ve noticed on the new one, there is no panel behind Optimus’ head in robot mode. However, you did say meaningful…not sure if that equates or justifies a $50 price jump.

*edit* Or does that panel just remove?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  4. NTPrime

NTPrime Well-Known Member

It just pops off I believe.

5. lilmac

lilmac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Interesting that Robosen’s official videos show Optimus without the flap in a few clips but in hand reviews don’t mention that it can be removed.

6. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

My hope is these will be shipped in 11 days from tomorrow and Hasbro already has them at the warehouse. So shipping on August 24th.

Here is the reasoning behind this hope.
    We originally thought the release date was on August 2nd. There was a rumor of another Hasbro drop on July 22nd. I think this could have been for the ones that were cancelled and that Hasbro could confirm the “leftovers” they could release those for preorder. With it just being 11 days before release they would probably not get canceled.

We know the drop on July 22nd did not happen because they did not receive them at Hasbro Pulse, my guess is due the the cost of shipping containers from Asia to US and the ports be backed up. Since they did not have them and could not confirm excess they could not do the drop. If the excess sale was going to be 11 days before the release. 11 days from tomorrow is the 24th.

I believe the drop tomorrow is the excess from cancelled preorders and since Hasbro hopefully has them in hand now we can hopefully expect shipment on the 24th of August.

THIS IS ALL SPECULATIVE.
    But if it is now August 25th and I was right please come back here to give me a thumbs up.
    or even if you think I could be right
    or even if you hope I am right give me a thumbs up!

7. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

Also wanted to share this conversation with Robosen:

42E6565D-7270-4A32-9646-4DFD70D19CCE.jpeg 16D422D0-F783-431C-B4DB-BA7C4B2F904F.jpeg 56B96452-5FB4-4DF5-8BAB-D7311A1B2EE0.jpeg C085AB8C-CD1E-4A1C-A964-73E5E4FF66DB.jpeg C085AB8C-CD1E-4A1C-A964-73E5E4FF66DB.jpeg

I think it’s nice to have any kind of update from this AMAZING - technologically advanced - dream come true- toy!

Thank you again Sen Power, Thank you Robosen, Thank you Hasbro and thank you Peter Cullen!

~Till all are One!

• Like Like x 1
  8. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I ordered mine the moment it went up in pulse, it’s been delayed too, I got the same email.

9. NTPrime

I think you need to relax pal. They aren't shipping until October at the earliest.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

Just my hope. Trying to bring more hope to this world.
    I’ve made a couple of comments now here which you have commented back to in order to destroy hope. Yet you have an avatar of Optimus and 1828 likes over 5 times the amount as I do. I am confused. A lot of things in this world have confused me lately.

If I am wrong, I will willingly admit it. But I will never give up hope. And I will not be friends or “pals” with some one that does.

~Till all are One!

11. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't look like they answered your question regarding the ones coming from pulse and there's did they?

12. NTPrime

I'm just saying, in my opinion, you should consider keeping your expectations in check based on real information. There's "hope" that it will ship a couple weeks earlier than their projected November date, because they've already said it could ship a bit earlier. Telling yourself it's actually only days away because they secretly have stock already by reaching back to unrelated info from July is a conspiracy theory. You've already mentioned how you got a brand new credit card just for this purchase and the delay could be affecting your money situation so you have all the reason to want it earlier, as evidenced. If setting some new dates for yourself every few days from now until October/November helps you cope with the delay better then you do you.

13. daniel7777

daniel7777 Well-Known Member

Looks like Hasbro increased the price to $750.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    There's hope, and there's delusion. What we have here is delusion.

Aren't you the same guy who hopes they will change a bunch of the hardware specs at the last minute too? Again - delusion.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Multra Agnus

Multra Agnus Well-Known Member

16. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Imagine how embarrassing it must be to have to say to another adult (who isn’t an active online tf fan/just working) the phrase “based on Shartimus Prime’s review.”

Fandom can be cringey as hell sometimes.

***Not a knock on you, just a ridiculous name to be publishing reviews under. It’s goofy, childish, and cringey like it came right out of those early Geocities days of the TF fandom***

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  18. Multra Agnus

Multra Agnus Well-Known Member

Isn’t that the guy who had the homophobic intro song and later changed it?

19. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

I have no idea. I think this is the first time I’ve heard that name. Though I’m not big on TF YouTube reviewers/channels (videos are usually long/dull or the reviewer tries too hard to be funny/quirky with bad jokes and gimmicks).

• Like Like x 2
  20. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

It appears as though I was wrong. The newly released Hasbro Pulse pre-orders have a shipped date of Spring 2022. There is no way possible these could have been the pre-orders that some may have canceled that were set to arrive on August 2nd.
    So my theory that they would now possibly be released on August 24th has been destroyed. I’m sorry for being wrong.

For what it’s worth I do not believe I was being delusional with my hopes and predictions. None of them.
    I believe I was being optimistic.
    I will continue to stay optimistic in this life. I will just learn to be more careful to whom I share these dreams with.

again I apologize.

~Till all are One!