Robosen Optimus $699.99 Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blastoff2334, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Do you think this new product could be stepping away from what we love about Transformers as toys?

1. Yes

97 vote(s)
    22.9%
  2. No

327 vote(s)
    77.1%
  1. Saiyun not munky

Saiyun not munky Banned

Thomas Stewart? The fuck?

2. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I sure hope you get screwed when you scalp it on eBay or everywhere else. I really, really do.

out of $$$ and the actual item kind of screwed. From the bottom of my heart.

3. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

4. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

5. sdmacleod

sdmacleod Well-Known Member

I gotta say, having just watched the ads for Robosen's other bots cheapens Prime by a lot. Exactly the same movements, hokey walking ability, lower cost. No, they're not licensed and don't have Cullen's voice, but they suggest that this stuff will be better in the future.

6. jl32137

jl32137 Member

Looks like hasbro pulse completely took down the pre-order link.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Robosen increasing the MSRP to $799...

I'm curious if Robosen will increase their MSRP even further since they know sellers are selling it for over $1k.

If I had a choice between buying from a scalper vs buying from Robosen at the same price, I'd buy it from Robosen since there would not be issues with the MFG Warranty. It would not surprise me if Robosen doesn't honor warranty from 3rd party non authorized dealers/sellers.

With that said, I think I'll pass on this until the re-issue comes out.

I have a feeling this is going to end up like Soul of Chogokin GX-71 VOLTRON where the first batch was hard to come by and a scalpers dream (with ridiculous markup) but then Bandai smartened up and started doing re-issues at the same quality....

Hmmmm

7. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I’m just happy I got one at $699.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jl32137

jl32137 Member

I think this company was Sen Power from Asia where they were able to get away with making these toys cheap with paying licensing fees in 2018...

Pretty interesting how it was renamed to Robosen from California....

9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    No, I do not. Its fucking awesome, and at the high price point, its unlikely to reach the masses, let alone the kids. But damn is he cool. If I had all the money in the world, and they made a Starscream with Chris Latta voice clips. Yeah, that'd be killer.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  10. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Hot item sells out quick and scalpers sell it on ebay for outrageous prices, must be a tuesday!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    UK PEOPLE:
    You can buy direct from Robosen. $71 shipping to UK !

Purchased mine. Screw the price. This had to be bought. Can't believe I've actually managed to get one - was resigned to it being US only.
    :bay 

EDIT: Since purchasing, the store has been updated to say US only. I have my order, so contacting them to see what's going on.

EDIT2: Now the "US only" has vanished again. Bizzare.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Robosen's website is the only way to pre-order now with a deposit.

13. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

Now says out of stock :( 

14. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I watched some reviews of the Robosen T9 and it kind of had the opposite effect for me. Of course the Prime uses the same technology as the T9 so the motions and stuff will be either the same or very similar. But it is also obvious that the Prime is a bit of a step up from the T9. Having seen a few of those T9 reviews, I actually felt better about the $699 price point for Optimus Prime. Not sure about all the higher prices that are now floating out there though...

As for the "hokey" walking ability, is there actually another two-legged robot or toy robot available at retail that can actually walk, period? If so I'd really like to learn about it. I've seen robots that costs probably hundreds of thousands that can walk like a human, but that seems pretty far from a retail item. Unless I'm wrong about that and such a thing exists, then I'd really like to check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

They responded to some of the comments about the higher price and said real MSRP is $799 but Hasbro Pulse got a deal for a limited allotment to sell at the Fan Fest event. So sounds like this will be more widely available through them but just at a higher price.

EDIT: well now they are sold out on their website too, so maybe not as widely available. They did say there was something special about the Pulse orders (maybe packaging?) that wouldn't be on their preorders.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Roconius p

Roconius p Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    All who say that the price is high please do your research on the market for these bots most are in the $1000+ price range one robot with similar tech cost $15,000.00. Hasbrobosen did quite well to give us a great item at the $699 price point. On top of that the t9 mold could easily be changed to ironhide, ratchet, hoist, and trailblazer. the transformation of their t9 could even be used for at least 4 of the dinobots. As technology progresses prices will drop. To me this was a test to see if there is a market for this toy line. well Hasbrobosen it sold out in record time....... you have your answer!!!!

17. Roconius p

Roconius p Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Trailbreaker sorry auto-correct got me. Also primes transformation could be slightly modified for metroplex.

18. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

From their own comments and responses to their Youtube channel they definitely want/plan to do other characters. I'd be interested to see how other characters sale vs Optimus though. I definitely wouldn't be in for other characters until down the line once I've completed enough of my chug line to divert more funds per year to fewer but more expensive bots.

19. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

I think they should try to milk the crap out of this Optimus and not try doing other characters until the price could be lowered significantly. I preordered Optimus but would not consider other characters even if they are in the same price range as their T9.

It would be pretty cool to have like 5 or 6 Robosen Autobots and tell them to “Transform and roll out”, and watch them all do just that at the same time though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GT2

GT2 Well-Known Member

When I asked them this eve, they said they wouldn't be shipping outside the US, due to high demand. There's now a notice on their site saying they're reviewing orders.