Robosen Optimus $699.99 Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blastoff2334, Apr 9, 2021.

?

Do you think this new product could be stepping away from what we love about Transformers as toys?

1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. No

279 vote(s)
    78.4%
  1. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $700 is quite steep for this piece of junk. I think this will be the most epic fail in the history of TFs.

2. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

I paid 969 for the "piece of junk", haha. It is a monumental piece of tf history! So crazy excited :) 

• Like Like x 4
  3. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

It sold out.

epic fail alright.

“I can’t afford it therefore it must be junk”

-A lot of the fandom.

• Like Like x 16
  4. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really don't get that philosophy. Just say its more expensive than you are willing to pay for the item. Don't need to say its outrageously overpriced based on some strawman argument that Robosens similar but smaller bot of $499 MSRP is discounted to $379 or that it will be cheaper in a few years. I agree that it's a risk since it's the first of its kind and there are questions about support from the manufacturer, but I think its cool/historical/functional enough for my family to get. I just wish people would evaluate it honestly and then lay out their opinion. One thing I do know is that it is good advertising for the brand, making headlines everywhere. My friend I don't talk to regularly messaged me about it to see what I thought. He isn't even a collector.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Wallet prepare for devastation

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah the $699 was too steep for me and apart from the very cool gimmick of it all it wasn't much to look at esthetically for me but if money was no object you can bet I would of bought it anyway, it's a talking, moving Optimus prime that transforms itself. Would be awesome to have just to see my kids reaction to it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Too pricey for me (yea I bought Unicron) for what it is, it looks awesome, I can totally get why someone would want it...this was unthinkable a decade ago...that's all

• Like Like x 2
  7. franpincho

See, there absolutely no problem with that. i get priorities and all.

But to simply shit on something just for not being able to afford it is a new kind of low.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Emgo couldn't get a preorder due to a problem with his credit card...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!

Ebay:
    They gotta get his cannon sounds correct for the price

• Like Like x 2
  10. franpincho

That sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    I honestly can’t picture anyone giving up a Haslab Unicron for a Robsen Optimus.

Optimus Prime swims in a sea ocean of Optimus Primes. Short of it ever being reissued, Unicron will probably never happen again on that scale.

12. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

Yeah, in Canada, with the exchange rate, this thing was $1000 CAD. No thanks. Cool idea, but if these types of toys become a mainstay in the next few upcoming years, they're bound to get cheaper (and better). I'll hold off until then.

It is really cool, but I can't afford it at the moment (especially with all the other Transformers figures coming out both in mainline and 3rd Party). I still also prefer to transform my Transformers physically (that's pretty much the fun in it for me). People should support the project though as this will lead Hasbro to do greater things in the future.

13. mouschi

mouschi Well-Known Member

One of the main selling points of these (aside from the "new car smell") is going to be that this is a ground breaking first for our hobby in many ways. It will have the label as most technologically advanced for a while, but that will not be the case forever. Eventually, something newer, shinier, and more advanced will come along. Still, this is piece is the genesis of it all, and nothing released in the future will be able to take that away.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mezzie

Mezzie Resident EXAMAC Pilot

AWOL from the frontlines for Diaclone Reboot
    Won't be an epic fail, but expect numerous listings on ebay in near future of specimens with broken unmovable limbs, dead batteries, faulty motors, etc etc. Either that, or scalpers will sell it at an astronomical price.

IMHO, I tend to avoid electronics just because these hardly last for a long time. I applaud hasbro for going down this path, but the next iteration better have some user-friendly maintenance features: swappable important servos in case it dies in future, spare parts to buy, and most importantly replaceable batteries!

I could be wrong though! so let's wait for the in-hand review and let us see this thing's true worth.

15. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Looks amazing, and I'd love to get one, but I just can't justify the price to myself. If there's a less expensive version down the line, even if it means a few less features, I might consider that.

Although given all the money I'm not spending on SS86 and the G1 part of Kingdom, it might actually be in reach ...

16. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:

There seems to be a vocal minority where they are unhappy if another segment of the fandom is happy with something because possibly Hasbro could have made something for them to stand in for said product. Maybe it's jealousy, I dunno what it is, but can't we be happy when a part of the fandom gets something they want? I'm not a big BW fan, but I'm not going into Kingdom threads and whining about how there are BW figures for those fans. I simply won't buy those, and even then, I bought all of the dead Dino Kingdom guys and BW Megs. It's good to have variety. It brings the brand forward.

How can anyone say, "Boo! This is a bad direction for the brand!" Nonsense. Like others have said before me, this is amazing for what it is and if you are hating on it, why are you even a fan? It's a MP levelish 17 inch Prime that transforms on its own and will be your friend (superficially). Appreciate it even if it won't be in your collection.

• Like Like x 9
  17. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I would! One is big the other one is a state of the art toy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    I dunno. To me it's like having an unopened G1 Fortress Maximus in 2007, and trading it away for a first generation Apple iPhone in 2007.

19. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I think the people crying over the price of an electronic fully automated transforming toy should just simply stick to the M.A.R.S electronic Not-Transformers. :lol .

Also, this poll is a joke.

If you love transformers you can transform with your hands, why are you into watching self transforming robots on the big screen or your cartoons. or reading about them in the comic books? *insert pic of PhilosoRaptor here*

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  20. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

I see what you’re saying except Apple IPhone would need some connection to Transformers IP for it to be more equivalent (what if it transformed into Soundwave?). I guess you don’t expect them to ever remake Unicron just like you wouldn’t have expected an updated Fort Max in 2007? Whereas everyone just assumes they’ll be more and more of these transforming OPs made in the future?

• Like Like x 1