Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime Elite Edition Official Announcement

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 21, 2022.

1. jtanimator

jtanimator Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Absolutely no freaking way they decided that the only people who should get a repaint if this expensive Optimus Prime are people who ALREADY PURCHASED ONE. I have never seen such a bad idea for a giveaway, that defeats the purpose of GIVING SOMETHING TO SOMEONE FOR FREE. This is just rich. 

• Like Like x 3
  2. Pteraxadon

Pteraxadon RirFib supporting pterosaur

The couldn\'t have made the gold one the big boy?

3. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

Sweepstakes announced:
    oh dope fuck it, i really dont need one of these things but it would be neat to win a super rare one, kinda like a lucky draw. neat.
    Sweepstakes entry condition- buy a version of the thing youd win anyway:
    k nevermind then.

i think thats the weirdest part of all of this. in order to win one, you gotta own one. look a lot of people dont need one of these, but you know who REALLY doesnt need to win one of these? someone who already owns one. that seems like an oversight imo.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You don't need to buy one. You may also print and mail a form to participate.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Is this a Golden Lagoon reference? The windows were gold too in that one.

6. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Because the robot wasn't prestige enough apparently.

7. Capperclawed

Capperclawed I'll clean ur pool

yup i 100% missed that in my haste to start bitching

still though. its funny you get entered when you buy one. too bad its states only. my cold canadian ass would like a silly golden robot for free

• Like Like x 3
  8. RoadCaesar

RoadCaesar Diaclone Clone TFW2005 Supporter

There's a lot going on with this device.

What sets it apart from a banal, battery powered motorized toy is the software and robotics integrated.

This device is priced as such because of the quantity and quality of the parts; it's loaded dow with servos at each and every point of articulation. Each of those servos works in concert to produce movements.

In addition to the existing, pre-programmed sequences and audio, the software includes diagnostics and custom sequence functionality. Whatever you want it to do, you can program it to do through a complex sequence of movements and timing. Think "claymation" - you make small and precise ot big, sweeping movement transitions, record them frame by frame, and then save and play them back.

The software is regularly updated with additional sequences programmed by various contributors. One comedian even developed a skit where Optimus is out of shape yet trying to show off though pushups and other gags, including "breathing hard" due to exertion and finally pushing through to finish strong.

If animation and robotics aren't for you, then yeah - skip this. It's an elaborate robotics project where all of the synchronizing and software programming has been done for you.

And with the upcoming Trailer + Roller?

• Like Like x 4
  9. Squidhead

Squidhead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Asian companies on their way to give their overpriced products the most corny and hideous gold repaints as some form of super exclusive wannabe high society edition

• Like Like x 2
  10. RePUGnicon

RePUGnicon A very indecisive individual

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh how I would love to own something signed by Peter Cullen.

Now should I pay for the $1000 robot that tranaformes itself. Or pay the $100 TFcon ticket?

• Like Like x 2
  11. galvatran

galvatran Galvatran lives!

News Credits:
    Is Peter Cullen's signature authenticated?

12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did not even know about this smaller version. Funny they call this the \"elite\" version.

13. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would’ve considered the original, if re-released for the original $600. This is a sad attempt by Robosen to exercise damage control over the horrific response they received from their announcement of the Elite version (and overall, unjustified prices, not only for the Elite version, but the increase of the original to a scalper-level asking.) Can you imagine the amount for which the scalpers will now ask in terms of their new price on a “Flagship?”

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  14. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was exactly my reaction when I got mine. I enjoyed it very much the first day. My kids thought it was neat. It worked perfectly.

I sold it less than a week later with no regrets. I just didn't see the long-term value in having it, either in terms of playability or staying technologically cutting-edge.

15. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

It's hard not to read this as a completely, unecessarily racist comment.

Point of interest: Euro companies also charge a lot for products. Hasbro raised prices 47% on deluxes in just a few short years.

I get what you mean, but it's not cool to point out "Asians" like that anymore... because real violence is done to them as rhetoric like that rises.

Golden versions of TFs is basically tradition in Asia. As this contest allows you FREE ENTRY, there shouldn't be so much complaining or judgment...

• Like Like x 4
  16. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Wow, from the comments, I get the sense that the world economy is not doing well enough for this product! :eek:  It's something we all would like but can't justify buying at that price.

The funny thing is that the prices of TFs, overall, are hitting that high point anyway. I think a lot of collectors are being forced to cut back because of the crazy prices... it's just that Robosen presents an easy target to unify that frustration. Of course, I can't speak of the quality (being a poor! :lol ), so Im not knocking the valid concerns from verified owners! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  17. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can’t speak on anyone else’s financial situation, but I don’t like the product. In addition, but relatedly, I also think the prices are unjustified.

Would I take it for free, sure. Then I’d sell it (for a reasonable price to a collector who really wants it).

18. Squidhead

Squidhead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I said asian companies because it is asian pop culture collectible companies specifically that always do these tacky gold repaints under the guise of being limited/prestige/elite editions
    Look at hot toys, prime 1, etc etc

No other markets pump out as much gold variants of their $300 to $2000+ products as much as them

You're reading into my comment way too much if you think that statement is even remotely racist

Schermafbeelding 2022-11-04 om 15.09.16.png Schermafbeelding 2022-11-04 om 15.09.23.png Schermafbeelding 2022-11-04 om 15.12.22.png Schermafbeelding 2022-11-04 om 15.12.38.png

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Bocabbage

Bocabbage Wants a legacy loudpedal

resident of /b/. Occasionally vacations on tfw
    this quite the expensive raffle

20. lenimusprime

lenimusprime Well-Known Member

I know nothing is free but to gain entry is to by another robosin that\'s crazy.