Roberto Orci: Soundwave NOT a Copter

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Master Fwiffo, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

You watch, they're going to make him a lamp post thingamawhat just like his original alt mode in MTMTE, and people will bitch.

*thinks Trypticon should be a Wal-Mart Supercenter*

2. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Meh, I liked the helicopter idea.

Other suggestions? Stealth Bomber / Jet, communications van thing.

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I call him being a big pick up truck

4. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

How does a helicoptor not suit Soundwave's spy requirements? Helicoptors are straight ninja! two or three of the coptor blades could have been nunchaku or a three section staff respectively while the remaining blade/s could be used as a sword in other words NINJA!

Coptors are Ninjas they are
    -Mobile(You dont have to walk to the spying location and than TF to be inconspicuous and you dont need to be dropped off/picked up)
    -Fast (for when your cover is blown and you have to haul ass)
    -Agile (when you got to run and gun at top speed)
    -can spy on shit miles away

Too much noise? after a certain distance you wouldnt be able to hear it anyway hell they could have made him silent if the writer wanted to give Soundwave stealth/silence powers. Skywarp can teleport and special abilities aren't exactly out of the norm with TFs so I have to wonder what gives.

Before all the news about the movie I got it into my head that soundwave would be pimp as a db racing pickup truck but once the suits said coptor I saw the error of my ways. Blaster would be a much better db racer pick up truck anyways

5. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I want one of three possiblities, in order of preference:
    1. FBI or equivalent van. Good for spying, and his minions can pop out of the back.
    2. Pimpmobile. Loud speakers fit the name, and Rumble and Frenzy can have some sort of hologram tech and turn into gangsters who ride around in him. Amusing and perfect for Rumble and Frenzy, but slightly out of character for the main guy. Also, the other minions don't work with it.
    3. Spy satellite. Fits his spying MO, but no place for minions.

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes there is. Minion-shuttles! :D 

7. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

funny you say that, i was just thinking how a dark blue military vehicle will stick out like a sore thumb. i can see the autobots and other non-military vehicles with some flashy colors. though has anyone else noticed how live action movies that came from cartoons have severly toned down colors? imagine wolverine sporting his yellow spandex in the movie, same with all the other x-men. anyone remember the live-action The Tick on fox? didn't it seem really cartoony and comical with the costumes being bright and... cartoony?

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Man, I loved that show. It was as funny as it could be. I'm suprised it bombed... I wonder if it'll ever be out on DVD?

9. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I've seen at least the pilot episode on DVD. I think possibly the entire series.
    And back on topic, It would have to be a pretty huge satelite to house space shuttles. Yes, he can still have minions, but a big part of SOundwave has always been that hte minions were internal.

10. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I have a problem with Soundwave being a vehicle of anykind. He has always done espionage, spywork, or technical/scientific stuff for Megatron. He should be something brainY, not something agressive and in your face. megatron has plenty of warriors for that.
    If Soundwaves alt mode was a superscomputer he could still be a hacker, and his former casettes could now be little robot viruses.
    Also, Soundwave could still maintain a similar apperance to his G1 counterpart, with a big screen on his chest!

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I really don't care what his alt mode is as long as we get to see him breakdance at some point in the movie.

12. Cheetatron

That is idiotic he could hack into computers and shit in robot or any mode really hell all he need to do is connect to a network infustructure he doesn't need to be some immobile pile of crap to do it. Almost anything useful an immobile super computer altmode can do, a mobile altmode can do better.

super computer alt mode provides zero benifits. The alt mode wouldn't be fun to play with and would drag the entire toy down making it an almost guranteed shelf warmer. Do you really see little johnny asking his mom for the robot that turns into a super computer?

Johnny: Mom/Dad I want the robot that turns into a super computer I cant do much with.
    Mom/Dad: What are you, a re re?
    lol

WTF?!? Little robot viruses? Thats the worst "update the cassettes" idea ever. Viruses or virai are pieces of code how does that translate into corporeal beings in a non-cheesy way.

If I come off as a jerk I oppologize but those ideas are not very well thought out or marketable.

13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

He was not mobile as a tapedeck either, but g1 Soundwave is still one of the most popular TFs of all time.
    The point is to add variety. Not ALL the decepticons should be jets...thats boring. Besides what is the point of transforming in the first place? There must be some reason to turn into something else, right? Soundwave is mobile as a robot.

Yes, it all depends on how it is done.

not funny.

Well, since the Transformers are robots, who do function on code, programming etc...a virus would be a good enemy.

14. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

There's plenty of mobile options for an espionage character... I personally am in favor of the F-117 Nighthawk stealth bomber (somewhat because of Galaxy Force, I'll admit), but if the Seekers are already present then they'd have to find him something else, I agree. But a stationary computer doesn't work well for Soundwave n' Pals because a virus is a tool, not an individual character - Rumble wouldn't work out as a piece of code in a mainframe.

15. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

And boy, a racing pickup truck is a much better idea then a computer!

16. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

granted there may be better ideas, like the satellite idea is pretty good.

17. Atomsplitter

Problem with that one is that he wouldn't transform, and that would make him pretty boring. Cool idea though. I really think that he'll be a plane.

18. Cheetatron

"DB" racing. If you dont bother to educate yourself on the topics discused perhaps you shouldn't bother to comment? Actually now that I think about it, because you brought it up. A racing tuned pick-up truck(I am almost certain there is some kind of pro/semi profesional circuit for that kinda thing) would still be a much, much better altmode than a computer.

19. Atomsplitter

For all I knew, it could have been some obscure company I had never known of. I don't go and look up every single thing someone posts, and I highly doubt you do either. And why the hell is it called "racing"? It's just a sound competition, from what i've read (i'm still "uneducated" I guess, not a subject I care enough about to read much on).

Soundwave was still more about stealth then being some loud stereo, the tape player was just so that he could play back information.

Like you said, it fits Blaster much better, since he was more about his music.

20. Cheetatron

An anomoly, he was the only roleplay sized tf that has sold well, probably didnt hurt that he got so much screentime on the show but none of that matters cause mass shifting is awfully cheesy and there will be no tiny alt mode to large robot conversions going on. how big is this super computer supposed to be

A helicoptor is not a jet

Well I dunno speed, and disguise maybe, possibly why tf into a supercomputer of all things.
    But not inconspicuos, helicoptor fast, or airborne cause there wont be any anti-gravity "superman" flying

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.