Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman working on Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Vince, Feb 6, 2010.

1. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sorry but i can't get how people think BW cgi animation was bad. I think it is one of the best.

2. Timelord Megs

Timelord Megs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One thing to remember is that Bob and Alex aren't the writers, or script editors, or character designers, or even the main producers of this show. They're just the executive producers. That means the have a more indirect input on the tone of the show and mostly deal with a lot of funding matters. They may contribute a script for an episode or two here and there, but really they'd be more idea men in this production; they wouldn't even be the main ones to make the final decisions.

To put it simply; they're not doing the roles that Marty Isenberg or Derreck J. Wyatt did on animated. So relax.

3. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

yyeeeeeesssssssss......... excellent! hope it turns out well and isnt static like energon and cybertron was..

4. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CGI could actually be not a bad idea i mean if they do it as awesome as they did Beast Wars im all for it

5. U.Magnus80

U.Magnus80 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It will never be unanimous. It could be the best quality CGI technologicaly available to date. Hell, it could be movie CGI and there will still be people bitchin.

It'll be what it'll be.

6. heroic_autobot

heroic_autobot Well-Known Member

CGI advanced a lot from Beast Wars, Clone Wars is an excellent example of that, hope the new show is at minimum... as good as Clones Wars. Personally, love 2D animation (anime stile), but 3D could do it well too. The story is what counts, and Beast Wars shows that.

Orci & Kurtzman's work don't convince me in the Transformer movies. I like a lot the Star Trek movie, pretty cool and well scripted, but they weren't the men for Transformers movie, nothing convince me that this time they could be better in a Transformers series (even without Bay). Perhabs they are great fans of the franchize, but not good writers for it, they are best in other things, other themes.

So, let's hope they do an descent script this time, and summon other best skilled writers for this particular task. Transformers deserves a good series, as good as Beast Wars at least. It's time.

7. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

It will be better than Beast Wars - by far. (the quality of CG, I mean)

8. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

well so much for this being any good. I hate their writing

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Well then, it's a good thing THEY AREN'T WRITING IT.

10. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry i hated beast wars and if it like that teaser we saw couple of weeks ago its going to flop..
    if the cgi was like war on cybertron trailer well then it would be a different story but i fear it wont be,,

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Expectations: Drastically Lowered.

To the point where if they meet them they've still accomplished nothing.

12. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Maybe without Bay involved it'll be decent. I'm hoping theyl have as many animated people involved as possible.

Though something else intrigues me. Youd think they would have been scared off of transformers by all the rabid fans because of the movies, yet theyr stepping up for more.

If anything theyr brave, i'll give em that.

13. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Why?

Why can't we get at least ONE serious, hand drawn cartoon with animation on the level of Akira, or Death Note? Even GI Joe Resolute had some good adult oriented cel animation....is that asking too much?

14. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    If it's like Clone Wars or better I'll be pleased, if it's like Beast Wars... meh...

I hoped for a good hand drawn series :( 

15. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Oh, as I'm watching Clone Wars on Cartoon Network right now.. maybe they should use motion capturing for Transformers: Prime...

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Where can I find that teaser?

17. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

they are going way back with this one....the story will be right b4 orion pax gets rebuilt into OP ..so it will be the origin of characters..Mega OP etc and what causes the fall out between factions...that will be season 1... then in season 2 it will be about the war that destroys cybertron...then season 3 will be the TFs heading for new resources on the planet earth...at least thats how I would do it ...but then again I am somewhat ******ed

18. AMG

AMG Old School

I hope that Alex & Roberto's involvement doesn't point to this being a movie universe show. I had my hopes up for a new TF universe and cast of characters. I really want something different, something new.

19. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I wasn't a fan of BW's animation. Although nice looking in still shots, the actual animation was dull and lifeless.

20. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Well I'm required to like it anyway since its Transformers. And Also required to Watch it

With capable writers who know specifically how to write modern space themed TV shows we are part way to something enjoyable.

on the subject of "I hope they don't do live action movie conversion to the TV show"
    Michael Bay is'nt here, Look at it this way, the robots will be the emphasis and not the "human perspective"
    it's going to be targetted at kids So action and drama are fine. Also a large part of why the movie robots look the way they do is just artists leaving their mark on things. The new series will definitely have more artists making aesthetic changes whether they use "War for Cybertron", "Live Action Movie", or even "Classics" as their foundation.

If you don't like movie designs I wouldn't worry even if they go with a movie theme. Because they will do something strikingly new and different from the source. Clone wars isn't like the prequel movies though its based in between them.

Artists leave their mark on the world every chance they are given. It's part of why Transformers has the ability to refresh itself so quickly.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010