Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman working on Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Vince, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Hmmmm. I liked the new Star Trek movie, so if anything to that caliber is presented story wise in this new series will be good enough for me.

It's a far-fetched idea, but if this new series can actually be everything Energon failed at (such as being a good CGI-animated show with a decent plot, Superlink not included because at least that was a tolerable plot), then I will be VERY excited. Esepcially if it's all that and it doesn't involve that god-awful two-bot combination bullcrap gimmick.

2. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

I'll reserve judgement until I see the art style. Hope it's not too movieverse. Won't be able to watch a show that looks like the movie. Won't happen.

3. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    Good news for me.

I not only don't have to watch it now, but it means I won't be interested in the toys.

2D animation > 3D animation when it comes to TV, as CG animation done for TV is very cheaply done.

Beast Wars and Machines had some of the crappiest CG known to man, so I expect the quality of this to be just as pathetic.

Not like the show would last more than 3 seasons with 13 episodes each (like Animated), anyway.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Would rather have had a more traditionally animated show, even if not in the same style as Animated (never thought I'd be wishing for the next TF series to be in the same style when that was first revealed, lol) at least a more hand drawn look. It's always more impressive to me when the toys make the jump from screen to plastic when they weren't done in CG.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was going to post, "uh oh, wait until the movie haters find out", but I'm already a good dozen pages too late. :lol 

All in all, sounds terrific! BW and BM were stunning, and I can only assume what's coming will be as visually impressive as they were for their time.

I've got my fingers crossed for less slapstick and less stereotypical characters than TFA; otherwise, I'm pretty open to anything.

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I hope the animation is akin to Star Wars the Clone Wars tv show. I think that style would work well.

7. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who was hates the thought of another CG series? I never liked the CG look much at all. What are the odds of this info being false?

Edit: At first I didn't like Animated's designs, look how that turned out. (TfAnimatedfan)
    As long as there's good writing I'll probably watch it.

8. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

I'm hopeful now.

9. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what Orci & Kurtzman's influence on the scriptwriting will be as executive producers, but this series could be their chance to tell some of the story they had in mind for the movies without Bay's interference.

10. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, quite a lot of hate for Beast Wars' CGI which I think is still pretty good by today's standards.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Was it their idea to lubricate Agent Simmons?

Sorry, about that. I should have clarified what I wanted to say better. I liked Beast Wars--found it superior to Energon by miles! I hope the new look is like Beast Wars, but with more money behind it. Beast Wars got better in the second and third seasons. Shadows and good lighting are a must!

12. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

CG technology is at a place now where they can make it as appealing and awesome as 2D - if those in charge have the talent and taste. And considering the budget which should be high - I think we'll be in good hands.

Just hope it aint pure movieverse style! At least make it look like the Movie Robot Heroes. Now that I'd watch.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure Hasbro is going to make this as cheaply as possible. Driving toy sales > looks/story in their eyes. I hope those actually doing the animation care enough to do the best they can with the money given.

I hated the animated series Zentrix to death, but man did the creators of that show know how to motion-capture and animate beautiful CGI robot battles! I hope we get to see more robots kicking some serious @$$ in this show. I want to see some killer fights and story (I'll settle for good).

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

For that day and age, that was some pretty good CG work (didn't it even win a Grammy for it?)

Considering the advancement in VFX tech since then, it's pretty much no question that it would be better CG.

It just needs writing to match Beast Wars to make it great. :D 

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm calling the hyperbole police! :) 

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

CGI... okay. Energon and Cybertron were CGI, and there was some potential there. Clone Wars is not too bad looking... CGI has come a long way since BW, thank god. I really don't care whether it's traditional or CGI... as long as it looks good.

Kurtzman/Orci... oh F************************K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate those guys... though arguably a children's cartoon show might be just about at their level. :rolleyes2 

See this is it... YES. And you know what the worst, crappiest, most tedious part of the new Star Trek was?

The script.

I was not bored by Star Trek. I had fun.... but it's amazingly overrated. And when one looks at all the faults and weaknesses and stupidities in that movie, most of it comes right down to the script.

Maybe Orckurtzman will do a fine job on material as unambitious as this... but overall, their stuff seems to be lacking any hint of restraint, sparkle or intelligence, so I won't be expecting much.

I think the writing on Animated was a bit overrated too...there were some good ideas, but I didn't think it was necessarily played out all that well. But one thing that Animated did have going for it was a solid TF fanboy core... there was a certain respect for the origins. I'm skeptical that we'll see that from this writing team.

zmog

17. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Well I have hope because Hasbro has made more money off Transformers than anything this year, that they'll work hard to make this quality. Next to Star Wars it's now their 2nd most important franchise.

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Sweet. I was hoping for this.

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    You know Kurtzman and Orci were only ones to screen write Star Trek. LOST head writer Damon Lindelof also wrote it as well.

20. jettyfire

jettyfire Jigoku Shoujo

wah I want anime transformers wah...but this is good too...wah T_T I want anime