Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman working on Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Vince, Feb 6, 2010.

1. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok?

Ok now i wood like to see a list of names of who's in the show. I wood take just one pic of art from the show. Somthing more.

2. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

I really don't like most TV CGI animation, including Beast Wars.

Hopefully the new series will raise the bar.

3. OrionPaximus

OrionPaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This may be cel shaded animation as someone else pointed out.

4. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I doubt it. I don't think Cullen does TV shows anymore. Other then maybe one time cameo voices, or something like that.

5. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow this is scary , becasue Energon and Cybertron CG was so suckcraptastic that i didnt even bother to watch those series .. I hope its more like an updated Beast Wars CG..

6. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    I very much agree; they seem like competent writers who legitmately give a damn about the fiction. Bay just kind of 'put his own spin on things'.....which in the end did not work particularily well :rolleyes2 . Hopefully this new series will give us chance to see what Orci and Kurtzman can really do with the franchise and fiction.

BTW Paxtin, your sig is freaking awesome, looks like a screenshot.

7. dr.b

dr.b Well-Known Member

Forget Peter Cullen! His time has come and gone. I'm ready for a new take on Optimus Prime. Give Lance Henriksen or Kris Kristofferson a shot. Cullen was good, but Prime has been to busy making speeches like a long-winded politician.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Agreed 100%. People need to get it through their heads that Orci and Kurtzman wanted a to do/not do a lot of things that would have made fans happier, but Bay didn't give it a pass, such as not vocoding Soundwave's voice.

9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

yes, it was more of Bay's fault for ROTF than Kurtzman and Orci.

I thought Mainframe went out of business after the MTV Spider-Man series.

Any idea when they'll announce the shows plot? I figure at Toyfair for teaser information and Botcon for the full court press

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Truth be told, Bay didn't do that one mostly because he was concerned the general audience wouldn't understand what SW was saying.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    But it was still Bay's doing, and most fans weren't happy with it. I'm just using that as an example, that not everything was Orci and Kurtzman's fault.

12. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

maybe David Kaye could do Prime again....and where has Scott Macneil been lately? Or Venus Terzo? (Blackarachnia) or Alex Willows (its scarey that I remember their names) Ok, how about a BW cast reunion. Any word on the cast of characters other than Ratchet?

13. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am more than happy to give these two a chance to write a TF show - I think, at least in TF1 that they managed to pull together a decent new franchise, the two major inhibitors of their skill were both Bay, and the time restraints a movie can put on a script. It's very difficult to fully develop a handful of humans, plus 13 Transformers in 2 and a half hours. Of course given the fact that ROTF had less time to prepare, more interference from Bay and more characters that the script and characterisation suffered so badly.

Given that these guys have the chance at what's likely a completely new continuity, I think that they will be able to build a world with proper characterisation and favourite characters. Don't forget that Hasbro loves characters like Soundwave and Arcee, that Bay shunned aside, not to mention the writers. If these characters get included in the show I'd expect them to be fully-fledged characters.

Good CGI (ie, NOT Cybertron) would be fantastic for the new show and I'd really enjoy seeing it. Something along the lines of Beast Machines would be fantastic. I couldn't stand the animation of Energon/Cybertron - just seemed horribly cheap and held together with duct tape. After the major success of the two films I am confident Hasbro will be happy to push more money into developing Transformers media.

14. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's going to be interesting to see what Orci and Krutzman are capable of when not influenced by Bay.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Xena, Alias, Hercules the Legendary Journeys were all them at some points.

I've yet bothered to collerate if they did the good stuff or the poor stuff though on those shows - I guess someone would know.

There's the more recent Live Action shows they've written (none of which i've bothered to watch).

Another important factor is who the Producer and story editor is as well as how much Hasbro Licensing interfere I think part of the problems poor ol' much lambasted Bob Skir had was partly down to others sticking their oar in. I think Marty Isenburg deserves a lot more of the blame than he got though for Beast Machines judging by Transformers : Animated's dafter ideas that one can only blame him for.

Which explains why Beast Machines Season Two is a lot better than Season one as Bob did more of that than the 1st Season.

So I say Cut Bob Skir so slack ..... the question that will be answered by seeing these buys work on a Transformers cartoon is how many of their own doppy ideas leak into it and how many of the doppier ideas are Bay's.

An example of a Writer Doppy idea is that Transformers don't need Space ships.

16. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Please be movie style! I'm looking forward to it now kind of.

17. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Please be War for Cybertron or G1 style! That would be amazing and an instant hit!

18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Sounds promising, can't wait to see what the final product may look like. Until then, I'm reserving judgement, but being ever-hopeful.

I'm also hoping for WFC like style over movie style.
    Movie style is fine and all, but leave it for cinema's and direct to dvd. The regular toon needs to be something different so we don't get burned out on movie stuff during the breaks.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Actually they are. Bob and Al I mean. The story says that they're the "executive producers" for the show.

20. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

This... my mind says to say it's the worse news we've heard in 2009. If this has anything to do with power core combiners... ugh... then it sounds like another cyberton or energon... HOWEVER! I will be patient and hope for the best.... it... just doesn't look that bright.