Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman working on Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Vince, Feb 6, 2010.

1. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Hm, I have mised feelings about this. You can't beat good old 2D's charm. I guess I'm bias because I am a 2D animator. But I loved what they did with TFAnimated (despite it's sub-par animation.
    Still, 3D has come along way. The new G1 video game certainly looks amazing. I just hope they don't make a Movie-themed show.

2. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

I was hoping it was not set in the movieverse- hoping that WFC was the prequel. Kurtzman/Orci writers involvement worries me that it will be Baytastic looking :( 

Hopefully they get some good designers that can find appeal and clarity in the designs if that's the case. Also hope that the animation and acting is better than Clone Wars - which looks like Thunderbirds to me :/

3. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I'm liking the sound of this.

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool, I had no real preference for dimensions but 3D usually turns out looking nice.

5. CH@OS!

[email protected]! Looking for my next job

Does anyone know which Animation studio will be putting the new show together?

I know mainframe did beast wars/beast machines and split into two different companies nerd corps and Rainmaker Entertainment Inc. So it makes me wonder if hasbro will get one of the two studios to work on the new show.

I just hope it's not another animated in japan and dubbed for the US shows.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    linked to and animated like War for Cybertron? I hope so.
    like energon/ cybertron animated or movie related, it'll be my perfect excuse to stop collecting.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hope it's at the level of most CGI shows nowadays, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    I reserve judgement until I see the character designs

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    (Sigh)

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This should be interesting. CGI has come a long way since Beast Wars and it should look very nice. Also should be a good change after the more cartoony style of Animated.

As far as Orci and Kurtzman, I can't say I have much of an opinion on them one way or the other. Fringe is decent and I liked the TF movies for what they were, but Star Trek was terrible. Just have to see how it turns out.

11. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I hope it goes for a movieverse or G1ish look. If it ends up looking like the new Star Wars cartoon I will be none too pleased.

12. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    BOOOOOOO. Liked the BW/BM series(s), but I really don't want another CG series, especially of G1-style/vehicle bots. I guess it will tie into the game better this way, but after some sweet Animated goodness, I was really hoping for another really well-animated, 2D experience.

Also BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to f**king Orci and Kurtzman. Get those losers out of the franchise for GOOD.

13. dr.b

dr.b Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd welcome a smaller cast of characters for the reason you mentioned. I've been growing steadily ill from the watered down personalities of the Bay-verse transformers, and need to see something with actual substance.
    Besides, they can still make all of the extra robot toys, regardless of whether they show up in the show or not.

14. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Id rather have a smaller cast that has personality and character development over a load of personalityless robots blowing stuff up.
    I just hope the CGI is better than Cybertron and Energon otherwise it will be unwatchable for me like those shows.

15. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Ow arse....I have a feeling its going to end up looking like that Ironman armoured adventures cartoon..CG with a Cell shaded edge.

I really don't like cg in tv cartoon series..TF or not TF the characters always seem to lack the same life or character that you get with traditional 2d animation (the only exception I've seen is Clone wars). ANd coming from just having had a TF series that was brimming over with very strong characters this is going to have to pull out all the stops to make this work and not end up just looking like game cut scenes

16. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Actually if it ends up looking like clonewars its going to be far better than armada, energon or cyberton ever did.
    Clonewars is currently at the top of the game for quality in animation/characterization in tv shows...and better than some cg movies (its far better than 'cloudy with chance of meatballs' and even 'astroboy'

17. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
  18. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

TFA was actually pretty horribly animated. And I'm a fan of the show and toys. But I can't lie, the animation of the show was some of the worst 2D animation that I've seen lately. In some cases it was sub-par at best.

See, now I think that's unfair.
    Seems to me that old Bob and Al get a lot of flak for what is mostly Bay's fault, when it comes to the TF films. People need to let up on the guys. Lets try and give them a real chance here.

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    So if it's linked to the new game, does that mean Cullen will be voicing prime?

20. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    New non Japanese CGI would be totally welcome if it turns out as well as Beast Wars. The Japanese trope and power crap was married with some embarrassing animation with Energon, and Cybertron lacked any interesting fights and the charm. I mean, Prime goes super mode, gains massive backpack of guns, and then fist fights Megatron...Beast Wars battles seemed much more believable.