Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman working on Transformers: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Vince, Feb 6, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The main difference between CGI used for Under 7's Cartoons and CGI used for more sensible story telling is the lighting I think.

CGI that is well lit (Animated almost transends it's controversial art style via good lighting) should allay some fears.

Now if it looked as bad as Ironhide and Bludgeon having fights with tree stumps then I'll be as dismissive as the rest of you.

But I think the mostly positive response to the look of the new Videogame does proove that lots of us can be very enthusiastic about CGI.

I'm sure those of us who are Gamers have seen CGI either In game in intros that have impressed so I'd look to those as well as TV animation as what I'd like to see.

If the show is set on Cybertron and has no Humans in it then it should be a lot easier to make something agreeable - though predevelopment info seemed to suggest an Earth Setting and Human characters.

I know that is not what I really want... personally I'd quite like a Sci-Fi Quest show. at least that way it wouldn't feel like it was rehashing Beast Machines.

2. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Bleh. I hate CGI TF series, the transformations always look clunky. Beast Wars was good FOR IT'S ERA. Similar to how G1 was good FOR IT'S TIME.

Clone Wars is setting the bar on CG for Animated series right now. I hope this TF series uses EXCELLENT animation, though I'm prepared to be disappointed... I can just forsee something like 3 percent better than those crappily animated Cyber Missions. Meaning that unless the writing is SUPERB, I will wind up watching the first 5 eps, get bored, and not watch again until the final 2 episodes.

3. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    If thats the case then we are all fucked.

I never had a problem with it in Beast Wars, Beast Machines or Galaxy Force and i'm looking forward to what they do this time around.

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Nope, I never watched Beast Machines. Only Beast Wars. And yes, I stopped at Season 1, because it was the dumbest, most boring cartoon I ever saw. And no, I have no interest in watching seasons 2 or 3 to "change my mind". The whole concept took "robots in disguise" a little tooooooo far for my tastes.

5. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    South Park has won several emmy awards too, but I'm not gonna marvel at it's CGI (Yes, Southpark IS CGI, believe it or not...)

6. rapid_fire

rapid_fire Banned

Yeah, but good lighting takes a lot of rendering time, which costs money. Its easy to make something 3d look photo realistic, even if its shitty modeled or animated, but again, the rendering time has to be kept down or else it will just cost too much.

I believe its only animated on computers, and the littel characters are actually hand made and scanned into the computers, so they aren't actually computer generated.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

You are reaaaaaly missing out. BW puts most of the shows including G1 and Animated to shame.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Esto..

I'm totally pumped about the possibilities of this new show. Ocri and Kurtz minus Michael Bay (even if I personally enjoy the movies), and a CG show that could possibly even look like War for Cybertron. Consider me excited.

9. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

CG, huh? Beast Wars was cool. Hope it's as good if not better. :) 

10. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Colour me happy.

Orci and Kurtzman aren't everyone's cup of tea, I know, but they have been enormously successful and seem to know what they are doing in the industry and how to make a movie and TV show. Are they the actual show-runners on "Prime" or is the term "executive producer" used as an honourary, advisory title in this case?

If the series terns out anything like Beast Wars and Animated I am going to be a happy man.

11. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I'll be the judge of it.

12. nitewing73

nitewing73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If they are doing CG I do hope it's as good as Beast Wars and Clone Wars.

13. theurge7462

theurge7462 New Member

I was really hoping that they would stick with a hand drawn animated show like TF Animated.

Does anyone know if Hub will re-play TF Animated?

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Doubt it. If the Hub was going to re-air Animated, that meant they would own the rights, and that means that Animated probably wouldn't have been canned.

15. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

As long as its quality animation, I'm willing to give a CG series a chance.

16. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    screw this cgi bullshiz. Animated was a big hit because of its writing and ANIMATION, not cgi. Animated or nothing fuck it

17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Orci and Kurtzman labored hard to make sure that the movies would appeal to a broad audience in terms of balancing the humans and robots, and the results are debatable (though I find my self on the pro RO/AK side). In this series, with a sharper focus on Transformers and without Hollywood expectations/limitations, I think they'll invest a lot more in the robots themselves.

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    a TF show on par with either of those would be AMAZING
    [well..im not talking exclusively about animation quality either. just quality as a whole]

19. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Does anyone think this show might be a prequel story to War for Cybertron?

Think about it, a show that follows the very origins of the Transformers. Starting with Megatron fighting in Gladiatorial Combat. Then onto Orion Pax working at the docks (with his girl Ariel and best bud Dion), while aspiring to be one of the new "Decepticons." Only to then see war break out and a new side emerge, led by Alpha Trion and a line of "Primes", calling themselves the "Autobots." Everything eventually leads up to Orion Pax becoming who he was destined to be, Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots. To which he then meets his eternal enemy, Lord Megatron.

20. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    They really have no choice with a CGI show other than to make it really good quality like Star Wars has proven can be done. Granted Star Wars might have more money behind it because of Lucas, but he has at least send a standard and proven that it can be worth the extra effort to keep a franchise on top.

I am not a religious man, but I am praying that this looks absolutely nothing like prior CGI Transformers shows.