Rise of the dark spark gameplay!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BloodRavenX91, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just sat through this game's most important parts in a youtube walkthrough.

Holy shit it's bad. Uninspired levels, terribly banal plot, awful voice actor (even from voice actors who did good jobs in the previous game), and clumsy animations.

Reduced Lockdown to
    a mustache-twirling villain. Whatever he will be in the movie, I can already tell this is not it.
    And his plan is to restart the war by bringing Decepticons from the past into the present...so he can MAKE PROFIT? What the fuck.

Megatron's in his FOC body, which makes no sense.

They're terribly vague whether it's actually two different universes or just each other's past/present. It's the first, sealed by the final 'twist', but god are they terrible at explaining anything.

Junk, definitely on par with the DOTM game, nowhere near WFC/FOC in terms of quality.

Sorry, don't want to bash people who do like this game or anything, if you have fun that's great.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  2. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Autobot Burnout
    "So? Just because it's listed doesn't mean it's going to actually sell for that price. The number of low-ball prices even with the shipping added in for new copies absolutely destroys your argument here, because new copies are always more sought after."

I was making a point that ROTDS will not be getting a price cut anytime soon, so if you're going to be a cheapass and wait it's not going to happen. FOC Is 2 years old and cost $50 on Steam, it goes on sale once in awhile. ROTDS Xbox 360 is already $50, it will be that price until the end of the year.

Have you played the game? ROTDS looks beautiful on my Xbox One, these people on here can bad mouth it all they want and call it copy and pasted, Edge of Reality actually put a lot of work into this. Escalation alone is worth the price

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
  3. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Guy this is NOTHING LIKE THE DOTM GAME!!!!!! I played that and this game is 5 times better than that crap. The earth levels are mediocre, but every Cybertron level is very well done.

4. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur Cocktalk

News Credits:
    Do you by chance work for edge of reality?

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    1. It's actually $60 on Steam for its normal price, genius, so even your supporting evidence is wrong. The current sale price is a few cents over $40 since it's 33% off until June 30th, which frankly isn't that bad a deal given it's a major published title.

2. How do you know this? As far as I can tell, isn't today the release date? Are you seriously bitching about a game being fucking expensive at full price upon the day it launched?:lol 

Oh, sure, you can't actually make an argument, so you decide to play the "everybody here is babies" card, which frankly I've never seen work. Ever. That, and I can assure you that purchasing a $50 game would be trivial if I actually gave a shit about playing it and had the console in the first place.

In no small part because of what simply must be your really expensive 72" widescreen plasma TV you bought just to play ROTDS, no?

Plus, I'm a PC gamer, and my $1500+ gaming rig with my laptop running a Core i7 Quad-processor, MLG grade Turtle Beach PX22 Headset w/ Mic, DeathAdder Razr gaming mouse, and a cooling pad that allows my laptop to run at maximum power for days at a time could run that and play that shit just as well as your Xbox, so you don't even wanna play that game here, since I'm sure others have even more impressive setups.

You do realize Escalation actually was just copied wholesale from the earlier games, right? It's not anything new.

Of course, this gives me the impression you've never played WfC or FoC, either.

6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    The game's hard because of the randomized weapon giveouts. But it's fun and does a decent job of bridging WFC and FOC when on Cybertron. Bummed by no Barricade or Stunticons, but it 'splains things well enough.

Though I'll admit this: the Sideswipe challenge involving the canyon is total BS.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    If there's no online Escalation, and there's no split-screen co-op, is Escalation single player then?

That seems... well, beyond stupid.

8. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Escalation is 2 to 4 players, you can play a private match by yourself too

9. TransFanRHX

TransFanRHX Active Member

News Credits:
    You do realized you just inadvertently proved that this game is 95% copy and paste, right?

10. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    how much of the game is set in the movie verse and cybertron verse?

11. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

So, those "Power foes" they hyped up in Escalation...

Are they any good?

Because every video I've seen of them has them being killed in about two seconds flat.

One had Stinger show up and then he was dead in two hits from a turret.

Another had Lockdown get caught up inside a room and keep walking into those electricity barriers.

12. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    God this game looks bad.

Local Multiplayer not being deconfirmed yet gave me the slightest amount of hope this game wasn't trash, but saw it in stores proudly proclaiming "Single Player Offline", "1-4 Player Online" and all hope was lost.

Waste of time and space really. They couldn't even be assed to put Local in the Wii U version due to them nixing its online mode completely. I was even watching videos of the story and it manages to look half-assed in that area as well. Calling it a cross-over is very generous, its two separate storylines running in conjunction but not even nearly effecting eachother in any significant way. Unless I'm mistaken, no FOC or AOE character ever meet. Plus Lockdown's motivations are... Questionable. Crap game.

Hey, guys! Did you know that Drift is an honourable samurai? He fights with honour. Swords are weapons of honour. Mercenaries have no honour. He was once a Decepticon without honour, but regained his honour by joining the Autobots. Lockdown is a transformer who has no honour. Honour. Honour. Honour.

"Nah, I don't think anyone's getting it. Let's make Drift say "honour" 10 more times, OK?"

I'm pretty sure they were awkwardly trying to imply that the WFC games are the movie's past, considering stuff like AOE Prime for whatever reason having the FOC Matrix of Leadership which doesn't even NEARLY make sense. The final "twist" (being generous in calling it that) just confuses things further. Then again, considering this game doesn't work with either FOC's plot or AOE's plot, maybe this is just some horrible alternate universe.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    The Escalation bosses are pretty much just normal generic enemies with a bit more health. Really nothing special about them.

14. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

What a surprise.

15. omnomtimus

omnomtimus decepticon

News Credits:
    Ha ha, I know right? It reminds me of Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

16. Grim Muk

Grim Muk Sub-Tonal Thumper

*Can't help but thinking back to the initial miniscule press release for this game saying that it was going to unite the two seperate universes.

Hey Activision! :gen069: 

It's pretty poor given the games that are coming out atm, when this game just looks so dated. I had really high hopes when I saw the Cybertron levels, but like most folks are saying, they've really let the fans down.,,And the horrible irony is, if the game has poor sales, THAT will be Activision's 'reason' for not making another game. Even Hasbro surely can't be happy with what is being churned out as a Transformers game.

17. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Does it need an install on the PS3 and if yes how much space does it need?

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Pfff, you're crazy. Zuko probably couldn't do sweet swordplay to save his-
    [​IMG]
    OH.

Nevermind.

19. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

It does need to install. It's 2.1 gig