Rise of the dark spark gameplay!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BloodRavenX91, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Primacronus

Primacronus Clean-Up Crew

News Credits:
    More things i have noticed:

1. Movie Grimlock is almost ENTIRELY FOC Grimlock reskinned. The Robot mode movements and attacks are identical, and as is the Dino Mode attacks.

2. Lockdown's plan was straight up stupid.

3. The ending was honestly predictable in my opinion, and brought my hopes down of an entire portion of the game being in that universe.

4. Of all the games (WFC, FOC), this game had the most BORING CREDITS EVER. It was just some FOC music and images. If you expected a Stan Bush song and some fun animations, you will be dissapointed. :( 

2. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

Lockdown's plan would have worked if Optimus hadn't beaten him, though. In the past, the Decepticons would mysteriously vanish. And in the present, Lockdown could dissuade them from using their plans that would fail by simply explaining that their plans would have gotten them killed. War continues, profit.

I found the ending rather comedic.

Yeah, the credits are boring. But I don't get games for the credits. It does rehash a lot of FOC, though there are a few improvements (Path Blaster upgrades are way better in this game, for example), there's that leveling/challenges system, which I like (It presents more reason to keep on going, and I love systems like that, Halo Reach kept me playing for months because of that system), and I loved FOC's gameplay.

I think of this as "I like FOC's gameplay, oh, cool, someone released what amounts to basically 14 new levels!"

3. Primacronus

News Credits:
    14 new levels which don't fit into either storyline.

4. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if you find the combat boring, I don't think you should be playing shooter games. It's 14 new setups of enemies and environments to fight in, and the upgrades for weapons are different. Plus, some new abilities to have fun with.

It's a spinoff with solid gameplay. That's enough to justify a buy for me...once the price drops that is.

5. Primacronus

News Credits:
    To each their own I guess. Also, I never stated that "the combat was boring."

6. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Shooters today usually have a certain niche accompanied with them that keep people buying. The Borderlands series has an open world and a great variety of levels to explore and carry out, Titanfall has the addition of giant robots and parkour which adds great fun to the multiplayer, even Call of Duty adds small details and some actually pretty fun Zombie modes when playing with friends.

Fall of Cybertron had it's own niches such as the ability to transform as well as the added abilities. ROTDS has only one new ability in the form of Drift's insta-kill, and nothing more. I hate to disappoint but the levels aren't much either. It's basically taking the same missions from the sea of rust and the Trypticon mission, and strip all extra features until it is solely moving through an area and shooting the enemy, far from the amount of interaction in foc. You can argue that they aren't the exact same, but at the same time what kind of difference does it make if it's only the map that is patterned differently?

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6vWuodzzU Another set of videos posted... about 2.5 hours of gameplay/story though... ending around Chapter 9 apparently...?

Skimmed through the last few posts... as well as watched this video... and I knew it. The game's just a cash grab. Took assets from FoC, added a small batch of Movieverse bots... and called it a day. They didn't even bother giving the Earth bots their own frickin weapon sets. Drift taking up guns for the plot was laughably bad too... they didn't even bother giving him Sword animations.... blech.

Grimlock being "reskinned" is unsurprising... all the teaser trailers kept showing Movie bots with FoC Weapons... and very little gameplay otherwise... so it stood to reason that something was fishy...

The only remotely interesting bit about the storyline is that some bits would connect within the Aligned lore... Galvatron is mentioned as some sort of ancient nutjob... and here we see Shockwave combat then subjugate the Insecticons... granted, it's all just kind of tossed in there... but yea...

Ultimately though, the crossover sections themselves really couldn't alter/add to the lore for either Universe... it just doesn't happen for most franchises...

Of course the credits are going to be boring. The game shows no heart... unlike the HMS games that were *clearly* designed by fans of the source material... throwing tons of G1 references despite the game presumably being part of the new aligned continuity... and even saving the Dinobots from extinction. (HMS saved the Dinobots, and a quote from Bay in '09 claims he thought them stupid.)

8. nikkistyles

nikkistyles Active Member

Stinger and Lockdown are not playable in the campaign.

9. nikkistyles

Is there campaign co-op, because I see other transformers with health bars.

10. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    No co-op.

11. nikkistyles

I agree, there were only 3 chapters out of 14 I liked and that was Chapter 2-Soundwave, Shockwave and Starscream/chapter 7-Optimus and jazz/Chapter 8-Jetfire. Do you know if there is campaign offline
    co-op.

12. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You wouldn't know anything about Transformers Legends do you? I don't think they give a damn.

13. TFwheeljack223

TFwheeljack223 Autobot Medic/ Member Of Overwatch

News Credits:
    Wow, as usual all of your comments are interesting as can be lol. ROTDS isn't the best work of art, but im pretty set on it being a fun experience. before I didn't even want FOC to end its campaign, now it won't be a problem xD . I know it's not much of anything but thank you, Hasbro. Im grateful for something. Can't wait

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It'd be hard not to put out more effort than "Unreal Tournament, but sometimes you turn into a car."

15. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    there are over 20 seperate walkthrough videos for the Campaign, and none of these people thought to do a video of escalation gameplay????

16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Seriously, a lot of these comments are just stupid. It's like people expected this game to be the same quality of FOC which had 2-3 years of development as well as greater resources and budget.

But nope, people bitch that a movie tie-in game is a cash grab (no shit) while being incapable of coming to the terms with the fact that High Moon may be incapable of making another full Transformers game.

This game didn't have to expand on FOC yet people can't be grateful that we the perhaps now rare opportunity to play in this game universe while getting another shot at Escalation.

People can't do this. Instead all people can do is moan like entitled children who are disappointed after stupidly setting their expectation too high for a game that never had the potential to deliver on the scale they wanted.

17. jags828

jags828 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is Megatron playable in campaign?

18. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Nope.

19. jags828

jags828 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That SMD

20. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Well the game designers thought you'd prefer to play as Swindle for two levels instead.

Yeah, go figure.