Rise of the dark spark gameplay!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BloodRavenX91, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    No. He can say whatever he wants to. There's no rule here stating members have to praise everything.

I don't blame you, though I myself want to avoid ALL of the chapters.

Does it really matter? This game's storyline will have zero repercussion on the movies, and there likely won't be another Cybertron game by High Moon. So...

So wait, you're really getting two copies of this game?

You say this like there's a gigantic amount of mind-blowing content that the dev is oh-so-graciously loading the game with.

That's not the case. At all. So no, we're NOT going to be happy with a lazy, cheap, halfassed game like this.

It is a big deal, actually. Copy/pasting things like this should not be acceptable. I'm purchasing a $60 game. I want new, quality content. Not the same exact thing I played in the last game.

It really, really doesn't.

Yeah man, but there's FIVE MOVIE CHARACTERS! WHOA! SUCH AN EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT!

No he's not. This thing is gonna hit the bargain bin in no time.

Or if you just want to retain your dignity.

So now you're advocating piracy? Good job.

That we can agree on.

To be fair, it'd be pretty much impossible to actually make this game look good.

FOC is better just by virtue of actually being new content, and having had some actual effort put into it (even if it wasn't much).

I watched some of the gameplay. All I saw was generic dialogue, generic voice acting, and awkward character animations.

Damning with faint praise, because 99% of the time, movie tie-in games are absolute trash. And this one is no exception.

2. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After watching a bit play through that was more disappointing that I had thought going in.

3. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Challenge accepted lol.

I'll work on that in a couple weeks.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Wow. The ending was terrible.
    Though I did laugh my ass off to see G1 Prime just casually out for a stroll when he found the Dark Spark.

It's just a parallel story where two separate universes happen upon the Dark Spark and end up fighting over it. And a "time bridge"? WTF?

5. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Silly me, I should be grateful it was even made!

;) 

6. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Does it really matter? This game's storyline will have zero repercussion on the movies, and there likely won't be another Cybertron game by High Moon. So...

So wait, you're really getting two copies of this game?

No I'm buying the Xbox One, renting the 360 version through gameplay since some one my xbox friends will be getting that version. I'm not supporting piracy, I think it's ok if you download a pirated game to try it out before purchasing it, at least you're still supporting the developer

7. Optimus1984

Optimus1984 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Thanks for spoiling what little story there was. At least put the black cover on spoilers dude!

8. IGotTheTouch

IGotTheTouch Full of Awesomeness

News Credits:
    Hmmh...

Okay, then.

9. blitzjoans

blitzjoans From Ground to Sky

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The PVP Multiplayer is confirmed or only Escalation and CoOp?

10. IGotTheTouch

News Credits:
    I didn't say he didn't have the right to complain. I was just kidding. I... just... people complain all the time, that's all; they've gotten their point across already.

11. Chopperface

News Credits:
    And people are going to keep complaining about things you like whether you like it or not, especially when it's a low quality mess like this is.

12. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Lol way to ignore and not justify or defend anything that Mecha questioned.

13. IGotTheTouch

News Credits:
    I didn't say I like it either (although I kind of do, but what a way to jump to conclusions :lol ). I'll keep telling you I don't like you constantly complaining, whether you like it or not.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It's kinda hard to tell you're kidding if there's zero indication of that, but okay...

Also, why is complaining about a poor product a bad thing? Would you feel the same if it was people restating positive things over and over?

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I find people restating exaggerating positives over a vastly flawed product much more offensive.

16. IGotTheTouch

News Credits:
    It's only a bad thing when they keep doing it. It starts to get annoying. Depends, I guess.

17. Chopperface

News Credits:
    The thing is, I don't have a problem with that. You clearly do.

What I could have a problem with is your command for me to stop doing something I have every right to do, as if my opinion was lesser than yours just because I'm saying something you don't like.

18. blitzjoans

blitzjoans From Ground to Sky

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Woah, okay, i saw the gameplay and wtf is wrong with Edge of Reality...

Copy and Paste from WFC, DOTM and FOC. The Cybertron parts are recycled from FOC, okay, but with poor models and textures? Not only a copy...a downgrade? Really?

But the interactions are cool, more cool than FOC or WFC. A good point!

The problem comes with the way you play. The same things that worked on FOC fails here by some reason.

And the Earth parts are a Fucking Joke. Really, bad design of levels(oh wait, the 60% are portions of DOTM with the structures in different ways...), same weapons, bad scales with the props...

I cant write all the things i want to explain in a correct English, but basically : This game doesnt cost 60$-70€ . Oh , and of course it will be launched in PS4 and ONE , which is very funny for a game that looks from 2010 at least...

And now, my pursuit for a copy from 20-30€ starts!

19. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

That was my initial thought, then I remembered something very important. Claiming and using Trypticon for Energon isn't a sound plan when all the Energon was depleted in the firing sequence. (which was outright stated in the game.)

Actually, Rising Storm had way too many contradictions to not be a micro-continuity. And the way shown in the game fit just as well. The game had no contradictions with the movie whatsoever. Even the ending, which some people say is a contradiction, clearly wasn't if you paid attention in the movie. At the end of the game, Megatron tells Shockwave to retrieve a pillar. However there are no pillars at Chernobyl, and in the movie his orders are instead to trick the Autobots into taking the engine part. In the movie, Starscream has no knowledge of Megatron's plan until halfway through. Therefore, it is logical to believe that the orders Megatron told Shockwave at the end of the game (In Starscream's presence) were false orders and that he contacted him again on his way there with his true orders once not in Starscream's presence.

20. Chopperface

News Credits:
    The Autobots claimed Trypticon both for Energon and to keep him out of Decepticon hands. It obviously happened after this game since Decepticons are still running around as opposition. Energon was still in short supply for the Autobots even when the Ark had enough to launch. It'd be stupid to not have extra sources of Energon lying about, and just as stupid to leave Trypticon's carcass unguarded and free for the Decepticons to reclaim.

You're looking too much into an incredibly minor jab at Starscream from Megatron. The games are always in their own continuities while the comics explicitly tie into the film itself and build on it, especially when John Barber took control of the Movieverse comics.