Rise of the dark spark gameplay!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by BloodRavenX91, Jun 20, 2014.

1. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
  2. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. The Ramjet

The Ramjet Get. Out.

Well Stinger is in campaign at least. He's with Lockdown in one of the cutscenes.

4. Primacronus

Primacronus Clean-Up Crew

News Credits:
    No, I can't even begin to imagine how this can possibly coincide with the upcoming movie.

Also.

GIANT ISSUE: There was absolutely no time in the timeline of FOC for ANY of this to occur! When Megatron was revived in his new body (The one shown in this game), He dethroned Starscream, outcasting and branding him a traitor, and immediately journeyed to the body of Trypticon to activate the Nemesis Protocol. The Dark Spark storyline cannot possibly exist within this timeframe, as right after the Nemesis Spaceship was completed, the Ark launched.

5. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the one positive :lol 

6. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

Alternate story, perhaps?

7. Bumblebot

Bumblebot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And there is no way it could take place before FOC as Megatron was still in his WFC body at the time.

8. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Everything in the game's script suggests it's supposed to be between WFC and FOC: Shockwave discovers the Insecticons for the first time, the Ark is unfinished (and Optimus says they're going rally there at the end of the Cybertron part), and Trypticon is still lying where he crashed.

Megatron's body just has to be chalked up to the developers just failing to do their research properly - it's just an error, and not indicative of when the game occurs.

9. Axilus Prime

An error that makes me unable to believe it is anything other than an alternate story. That's a pretty big error.

On the bright side, the weapon upgrades and TECH equipment seem different. So there are a few changes, it's just not the total overhaul FOC gave from the previous game. It's like the difference between Halo 2 and Halo 3, whereas the difference between WFC and FOC was more like Halo CE and Halo 2.

Also, the models do appear slightly different. They're...smoother looking. Anyway, the gameplay looks solid, so I do want this game.

Now then...where are chapters 13 and 14?

10. Fox13

Fox13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie part is set after AOE.
    Could it be that the Cybertron parts are set both before AND during FOC with the early missions set before Megatron's death and the later missions set after he is rebuilt and Starsceam is cast out?

11. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Unlikely, considering the fact that ROTDS clearly takes place over a very short timescale. It hardly seems like all the Autobots would have time to nip back to Iacon for the opening chapters of FOC between scenes in ROTDS, or for Trypticon to be hauled from his crash-site.

Again, I think the real answer is the simplest one: the game's story was written as a FOC prelude, but they screwed up and used the wrong model for Megatron. The exact same thing happened with the FOC prelude comic as well, actually.

12. Axilus Prime

That's assuming AOE's plot allows for that. We don't know that. And if the plot really does allow for that and you know the plot, don't confirm it.

I thought that first as well...until that bit with Trypticon. In FOC, Trypticon was disassembled at the time of Megatron's revival, and was being used for Energon by the Autobots. In ROTDS, he was in one piece, under Decepticon rather than Autobot control. And Megatron went to find Trypticon immediately upon his revival after dethroning Starscream. The level in which he is revived ends with him boarding a dropship to start his quest for Trypticon. In addition, that took place at night. The ROTDS level is during the day. And it can't be after the level where he finds Trypticon either, because...Trypticon's in robot mode. In addition, Trypticon appears to have fallen apart after his defeat in ROTDS, whereas in FOC, his disassembled parts are completely intact, at least outwardly.

Now, the Autobots wouldn't need to repair his exterior before using him as an Energon source. And all his Energon was used to power that firing sequence in ROTDS. There wouldn't be any left to be used.

These things rule out the possibility of ROTDS being between WFC and FOC, even if one were to assume that the character model for Megatron was an error. It cannot be anything other than an alternate story to FOC.

13. IGotTheTouch

IGotTheTouch Full of Awesomeness

News Credits:
    Could be. If they just used the wrong model, then everything's solved. Well, not really, but it does clear that up.

14. IGotTheTouch

IGotTheTouch Full of Awesomeness

News Credits:
    Oh.

15. Axilus Prime

So, does anyone know where to find Chapters 13 and 14? The guy Caldo posted links to (And thanks for that, Caldo, he had an almost complete set) only went up to 12.

16. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

That would be my thought just because of Megatron being in his FOC body in this game. Even if this game is set before FOC and Megatron being in his FOC body is an error, I'm might consider this game an alternate universe story.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I've watched through 12 chapters of gameplay on YouTube. I'm not impressed.

18. Axilus Prime

The story is kind of a mess. But the gameplay looks great. Gameplay-wise it's like an improved FOC. I think that's good enough reason to buy it.

Especially with all those characters for Escalation.

Gonna wait for the price to drop though.

19. AUTOBOT1995

AUTOBOT1995 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok now that some people have got it my questions are (and if they have already been answered I haven't read it anywhere)

1. Competive multiplayer? I've heard rumours that there is exactly as it was in FOC
    2. Stinger preorder exclusive or an early unlock?
    3. What maps are in escalation and or multiplayer?

Also is it only the campaign that people can play right now or the whole game I haven't watched anything besides some game footage of mission 1

20. Axilus Prime

1. No competitive multiplayer whatsoever.
    2. Stinger is a Walmart exclusive unlocked by code that comes with the game while supplies last.
    3. Maps unknown.
    4. The people who have the game do have the full game, secured early by some unknown means. They can play other things, it's just that they haven't been. And that's to be expected. Usually the first thing you do with a new game is play through the campaign...unless it's COD or Battlefield.