Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    No, this clearly means that this movie is a catastrophic failure and they're doing everything they can to salvage it.

• Like Like x 11
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Oh right my bad, I meant “how can paramount do this, this is an outrage! This is clearly proof this will be worse than the last knight!!

• Like Like x 11
  3. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly! This will be the end of paramount and the transformers franchise!

• Like Like x 5
  4. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which at least sounds like they're being cost-effective by not duplicating work unneccessarily.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    gta-san-andreas.gif

• Like Like x 6
  6. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

This looks like it's gonna be pretty loose with continuity while paying homage to a lot of prior "generations." I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I wish that media stopped doing "evil Primes" or "evil twins" like Scourge. There have already been the evil Primes the Fallen, Sentinel, Quintessa, and Nemesis as well as AoE Galvatron. This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I find it odd that they chose to adapt RID Scourge for this film of all the possible characters. Rise of the Beasts seems to be paying homage to a lot of the franchise's greatest hits, but Optimus' evil clone from the English dub of Car Robots is hardly at that level. They did redesign Scourge, but they've already done the faded, rusted, old look enough times in Bayverse.

The trend of recoloring an Autobot Commander started with Black Lio Convoy. The same writer as Beast Wars II would go on to make Black Convoy for Car Robots. The English dub RID just slapped on pretty careless G1 names for these toys. For example, Artfire is named Hot Shot because of his flame paint job, but Speedbreaker/Side Burn is the impulsive one who in later episodes gets a paint upgrade nearly identical to Hot Rod. Similarly, Wildride is named X-Brawn despite not being short or macho, and his eventual paint upgrade is literally Wheeljack's colour scheme. Black Convoy is named Scourge like Galvatron's G1 lieutenant, but there's literally a black semi in G1 called Motormaster who was conceived as a rival to Optimus.

Despite Marvel's original intentions with Motormaster, his rivalry with Optimus hardly ever gets to see the light of day. I'd find that rivalry a lot more compelling for the big screen than your "Scourges" or "Nemesis Primes" because Motormaster's an actual individual with his own personality and not just "Optimus but it's opposite day." Motormaster's body is formed by the entire truck + trailer, so he'll also look quite different from Optimus despite still being the same vehicle type and having many similarities such as his head shape. Motormaster's colour scheme also pairs much nicer with Nightbird than Scourge. Lastly, Motormaster combines into Menasor, who could have an awesome fight with Powermaster Optimus Prime or some other upgraded form had they chosen to go that route.

Then again, the film could come out and RotB Scourge's characterization could be so great that I don't even care that he was inspired by a misnamed English dub character.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Hence why my old suggested plot be that it's just the Stunticons on Earth doing recon to confirm the Autobots are there, which goes too far because Motormaster fancies himself Prime's rival (which Prime does not think of Motormaster as being in turn). They focus too much on Prime and not the concept of the Autobots themselves as a whole.

• Like Like x 4
  8. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This shape-shifting superbike deserves a cameo in Transformers: Rise of the Beasts! - Yanko Design
    THIS SHAPE-SHIFTING SUPERBIKE DESERVES A CAMEO IN TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS!
    BY GAURAV SOOD 12/06/2021

Motorbike concepts come and go – but there are some that leave a lasting impression. The Hypercycle by Lazzarini Design is one of them, courtesy of its Cyberpunkish personality and the shape-shifting rear design that turns it from a cafe racer to a drag racer in the blink of an eye!

Lazzarini Design has bamboozled the design community with their extravagant yachts and powerboats in the past – but they have also created the odd superbike design that has gone under the radar. Fortunately, this one dubbed the Hypercycle is nothing that you would normally associate with a bicycle, rather, a superbike destined for an expressway skirmish with other fellow bikers. The streamlined shape of the motorbike and the big chunky tires are a tell-tale sign of its racing character. Just as I’m about to label it a cool superbike for the racing tracks (glancing over at the pointy front section), the side profile with the extendable rear wheel section having an independent horizontally aligned wishbone suspension, makes me believe it is a drag racer. Also, I can’t help but give it the café racer tag for obvious reasons. So, this one is your race track bike, drag racer and café racer, all-in-one; thanks to the movable rear wishbone!

Either way, the Hypercycle is made for high-speed, adrenaline-inducing fun. Just look at that color theme dominated by red and white with hints of gray on the bodywork. The spoked golden allow wheels match perfectly with the suspension. Coming back to the front section, the sharp aesthetics and the flashy character give it the Transformers-like vibe, and those mean headlights further strengthen the assumption. It could very well be a part of the Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, that’s if Stephen Caple acknowledges the idea!

The rider should be able to hit break-neck speeds without any discomfort or lack of confidence – the wide wheels and the whole visual balance of the bike reassure the fact. Overall Lazzarini Design has managed to create a superbike that doesn’t look overdone, and in a way goes toe-to-toe with other impressive concept bike designs we’ve much appreciated all these years!

Designer: Lazzarini Design
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

Why would a movie set in the 90s feature this modern/futuristic motorcycle?

• Like Like x 20
  10. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is called a shape shifting bike it probably shape shift to a 90s look

• Like Like x 1
  11. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 SKREEEEEEEOONK

I dont think that's what it means. It pretty much just gets a little longer in the wheelbase. Not like, actually shape shifting like a transformer.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yeah, reading the article the only thing that happens is that the back end essentially telescopes to lengthen the wheelbase and thus change the center of gravity to be more ideal for drag racing. It doesn't actively shift parts around like the villain's bike from Hobbes and Shaw.

If anything, the function actually sounds like something I'd expect from a MASK series bike :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  13. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The only shapeshifting it does is get slightly longer. There’s no reason for it to appear in a 90’s movie.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    It's not going to appear, this just seems to be a company using Transformers in their title to market their product. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the movie itself.

• Like Like x 7
  15. XenoXX121

XenoXX121 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  16. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Most of them are likely replica’s purposefully made to be disposable.

• Like Like x 8
  17. XenoXX121

News Credits:
    They definitely are, but I'm fairly certain they managed to wrangle at least one for select shots.

• Like Like x 1
  18. XenoXX121

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 8
  19. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nice find! Just an advice, I know the FB post is public, but I suggest to not use the selfie pics.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  20. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    surprised the camaro isn't a manual transmission

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.