Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jul 7, 2021.

1. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Also, make me wonder about the colors of the Maximals. Based on the concept art we saw, I wonder if Maximals took inspiration from these Peruvian architectures.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Interesting... I'd kinda like to see that just to satisfy my curiosity.

4. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. buttmunch109

buttmunch109 Mediocre trans artist

Goodness this movie has got to have the most unauthorized set photos/leaks I've ever seen. :eek:  I mean I'm for it but damn. I still can't believe we got so many up close pics of the prop cars and shit, anyway it's really cool to see how the Maximal Cave set is coming together and the small mountaintop model is going

• Like Like x 4
  7. XenoXX121

XenoXX121 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did Dark of the Moon not have more? I mean they filmed in very public places so much it looked like a small event everytime they showed up with Optimus, Bumblebee, and the others, with plenty of people around to watch.

They seem to have been trying to prevent people from seeing what they're doing for this movie, with the security sometimes trying to stop us from taking pictures, the extensive use of indoor sets at studios that we haven't gotten any glimpses of, and the constant hiding of all the Transformers vehicles (except for Mirage for some reason). Plus, we don't have any pictures of the stars on set somehow.

I do agree about the lack of close-ups, though. That's why I've been trying to get as many as I can. I'm glad I was able to get all the markings on the lightbars. Those pictures should be useful (to me at least).

Man, the amount of close-up reference pictures I would take if I could get close to Optimus...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I figured that was the angle they were going to take was the Beasts characters being part of the Americas' history . A sort of Americas TLK in regards to using historic pieces.

Hopefully the idea will be more on the satisfying side rather than rhe stupid.

9. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    End of September I believe

10. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

YouTube:

I loved watching the updates by Eastwoodclinton back in 2010, and remember everyone saying sentinel was inferno

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Nightbird cant be a nameslap if she never had a personality:ev: 

• Like Like x 5
  12. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is probably off topic and not related to the topic but take it with a grain of salt but there's been a toy listing on target at this point its got 80 percent chance of being real but wheelie was listed as TF7. If this wheelie shows up being a average size but and not mini con that has to end the debate of whether if this and bee are prequels or reboots

• Like Like x 3
  13. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Has to wait 244 days till he can watch RotB

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    7DA2C49E-DEFD-4B9F-B44C-9815CD6BB36E.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  14. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Am convinced it's Arcee

• Like Like x 1
  15. Magmatron95

Magmatron95 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
  16. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Target's internal system, ye

• Like Like x 4
  17. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Have a feeling they've mixed up Ratchet's listing with Wheelie

18. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

My admittedly novice knowledge of film production leads me to believe that yes, this is normal. The cars look identical on the outside, but are likely very different under the skin - One is probably the “hero” car (pristine inside and out), and others are probably rigged differently inside for stunt driving, specific camera setups, or are slated to be wrecked in action scenes. If they need to do a lot of takes to get a particular wreckage shot, they’ll need a lot of spares on hand to wreck (hedging bets against any number of potential technical production issues).

• Like Like x 8
  19. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh, interesting.

I'm not going to lie, I'd actually much prefer to see a Bayverse style Wheelie (regardless of whether or not this is a new continuity). He could be a bit more toned down in terms of personality though. We don't need him humping legs or farting fire. But I liked the "fast-talking Brooklyn or Italian" (I'm not sure what his accent exactly was) Wheelie way more than the G1 "kid who rhymes and has a slingshot" Wheelie. I'm honestly not even sure how they'd make that work in 2021, it's just kind of lame and annoying. Maybe the slingshot and childlike demeanor could work, but definitely not the constant rhyming. Even without the rhyming, "childlike character with a slingshot" is just such a cliché at this point. I suppose movieverse Wheelie could be considered annoying too, but at least he has more attitude and charm. G1 Wheelie feels less like a proper character to me, and more like a gimmick.

Plus, the idea of a Transformer that turns into an RC car is just a really cool idea, and they could get a lot more mileage out of that concept. Done in a more subtle way, I could sort of see him becoming a Transformers equivalent of Rocket Racoon. Maybe they could merge influences, and combine aspects of G1 Wheelie and Bayverse Wheelie. Like, maybe he could be an orange RC car and make occasional rhymes (but in a more self-aware way).

And even a Bayverse style Wheelie would be an indication of continuity, simply because of his allegiance (if they keep in-continuity, he should be a Decepticon in the '90s).

• Like Like x 2
  20. Lord Person

Lord Person All The Critics Love U In New York

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure this is some kind of mix up between a Wheelie 1986 Studio Series figure and TF7 Ratchet figure. It wouldn't make much sense to have a figure for '86 Movie Ratchet, given he was only in the damn movie for about 20 seconds.

• Like Like x 1