Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optimusprimeroc

optimusprimeroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm a hotrod tow truck
    I like it

• Like Like x 2
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Please do tell me how G1 Cliffjumper has a blue racing stripe and a wing spoiler.

Dude, those people by their own admission flat out DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT. They threw together scripts in a week for a paycheck.

This is a complete and utter fabrication that's been going around since 2007. Yes, the movies did propel the brand to a level of success not seen since G1 itself, but pretending like the line was in the shithole beforehand is just flat out ignorance. We had Alternators and Cybertron, hell the failure of the first movie to even come out in 2006 as intended was what led to the genesis of the original Classics line, which continues to this day through Generations, because it sold just that well.

Please, do tell me what vehicle would be more appropriate for Jazz than the one that has obvious aftermarket modifications in line with the physical appearance of Jazz's alt. mode.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I know it's a somewhat unpopular opinion but I'm someone who believes that Transformers should continue to move in a more "Evergreen" direction. Characters like Ironhide or Grimlock should look relatively consistent in shows or movies so as to not confuse new fans who are trying to maneuver around all of the different iterations of TF. However, with a character as obscure as Battletrap I'm down to see a reinvention of the character that could end up becoming the "definitive" iteration.

• Like Like x 12
  4. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

Nobody said anything about Unicron at that event or even implied that the Terrorcons are working for a higher power, I was there. The Terrorcon insignia is based on Scourge's head design not Unicron.

It could turn out to be true of course, but as far as I'm concerned any talk of Unicron is all just speculation at the moment.

• Like Like x 12
  5. Slimeformerzaa

Slimeformerzaa Banned

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Terrorcons are probably just a group of nerds who believe that Unicron is their ultimate god, so they kill other bots of factions as "sacrifices to Unicron". The insignias on Scourge's grill are probably those of the "sacrificied" and also there was a leak where Bumblebee was seen in a concept art lying on an altar (an altar is something used in rituals, notably cult ones) and probably the Terrorcons were in the process of sacrificing him for Unicron.

If Unicron were to have a connection, he probably has an interest in Scourge, reformatting Scourge into a giant, ancient beast.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

This dumb Jazz vs mirage debate will never end huh?

• Like Like x 12
  7. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Great point. This seems to be the only franchise where this happens to the point that it does.

• Like Like x 5
  8. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Jezz man I think your overreacting by a lot. Transformers has always had characters that look nothing like their character except for their name ex the Unicron Trilogy.

G1_Menasor.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    G1_Smokescreen.png

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

G1_Predaking.png
    [​IMG]
    download.jpeg
    250px-Arcee-Prime-stock-render-alternate.jpg
    Transformers_G1_Snarl.jpg
    256px-TFAnimated_Snarl.jpg
    Gq Prowl.jpg
    Prowl_TFTA_Model.png
    Transformers_Generation_1_Soundwave.png
    300px-Soundwave_Prime.jpg

And I really don't think that butchers this franchise since again name slaps are apart of this franchise to keep trademarks also general audiences don't care as much as us fans they don't even know who most of these characters are except for honestly Prime, Bee and Megatron.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 19
  9. Sablebot

Indeed-and I've had that impression for years, especially after literally hearing the phrase, "I just wanna see giant robots beat each other up" pretty much verbatim several times, when it comes to these films, from many of the people I've encountered. This viewpoint is magnified in that many of the folks behind the films have that same viewpoint. At the end of the day, IMO, if we are truly to have a TF film that changes the game, it would have to be made independently w/o interference from the usual bean-counting suits and ties and those of their subordinates who echo the same sentiment.

• Like Like x 4
  10. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

I grew up with Armada. I was first expose to the name Wheeljack by a Decepticon who used to be an autobot. Nowhere did it say he was an inventor. One persons name slap is another persons childhood character. This kind of stuff happens all the time. All this crying about it is really ridiculous.

• Like Like x 16
  11. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Growing up for me Prowl was a ninja bot and a police motorcycle and Megatron was a helicopter. And Snarl was Triceratops.

• Like Like x 11
  12. Sablebot

Agreed. I also feel that the smugness and antagonism is a by-product of another part of the equation which also drives the visual elements at the expense of other storytelling elements-the endless pursuit of box-office money. However, in the possible case with this forthcoming film, they may not have thoroughly learned from the significant loss of money that came to a head after TLK was released. Plus, I feel that many of the BW afficionados may also end up getting disappointed just like the oldheads (like myself) who were largely disappointed with the bayverse. We shall see several months from now. I hope I am wrong.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  13. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Yet where was the out cry for those reimaginings? Is this only happening because it’s connected to the live action movies? Answer is yes.

• Like Like x 5
  14. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I think that part of it (also no one complained Snarl was a Triceratops and thinking why they couldn't come up with a new name). Or even the fact that TFP Arcee and look nothing like G1 Arcee same with TFP Soundwave (probably can apply the same to Movie Barricade) and many more in TFP and TFA.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

Marvel & DC movies change the characters from the source material a lot, some of the characters look nothing like their original comic version, and personalities, backstories have been majorly altered. You could probably point to more drastic changes to characters in Marvel and DC than most of the Transformers live action characters.

• Like Like x 14
  16. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

You and me both, despite my appreciation of G1, I've come to terms with names being used for other characters. It's just Battle Trap, it's not like we lost Thundercracker or something.

If anything I'm a little more upset about Wheeljack's altmode, it just isn't doing it for me if that makes sense. I know we'll probably see him change altmodes tho so it's fine.

But yeah, all this complaining about Battle Trap just kinda has me scratching my head.

• Like Like x 3
  17. RATCHET 208

RATCHET 208 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Let's be honest with ourselves, character reinvention has existed for almost 20 years now.
    I think it's stupid to complain about a character not looking like his G1 self, sometimes it's for the best, for example : TFPrime Arcee.

Also, I don't know if you guys heard about this, but I don't thinki the title for this movie is "Transformers Rise Of The G1" or "Transformers G1 with Big monke robot", it's "Rise Of The Beasts", I don't see G1 in that title.

• Like Like x 13
  18. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

This isn’t G1 or Beast Wars. It’s set in another universe with its own take on the franchise. It was never meant to be G1 or Beast Wars. It’s ROTB directed by Steven Caple Jr.

• Like Like x 5
  19. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's been plenty of outcry over the years, it's not unique to the movies. However, I suppose the movies will inevitably be the version that's at the forefront of the public attention, so people expected them to be reflective of the most enduring, classic versions of characters rather than just being another reinvention.

• Like Like x 6
  20. RATCHET 208

RATCHET 208 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Exactly, that's what I was explaining.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.