Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jul 7, 2021.

1. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I'm sorry but how idiotic must you be to think archeology -in itself- is paleontology? Im not expecting everyone to be a science geek or major like me. But come on mate a quick run on google has you set.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I just want him to look like G1 Mirage in the same way Bumblebee and Op look G1.

I'd be beyond annoyed if he looks like Jazz in robot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    On the one hand I doubt that's how his bot mode would look because it'd create even more confusion but perhaps I'm giving them too much credit and on the other I can't help but think it'd be pretty funny to see the response from those struggling to grasp why this would annoy fans. What brilliant zingers will we get next?

"hE OnLy HaD a ViSoR OnCe!!1"

• Like Like x 3
  4. MattDallas

MattDallas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Mirage having Jazz's car mode here is as insane as having a replica Hot Rod syle G1 car and making it Blurr.
    The alt mode is as much a part of the character as the robot mode.
    Beast Wars must have been more iconic than the original comics/toys/cartoons as new iterations always seem to respect the core cast characters and looks.

(Except Netflix Kingdom Megatron)
    (But even then he looked right)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Magmatron95

Magmatron95 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Believe it or not as a paleontology nerd myself. You wouldn't believe how many times I've talked to people who thought it was the same thing

• Like Like x 2
  6. AceEdent

AceEdent Well-Known Member

Yeah, its almost as dumb and stupid as having a two transformers who arent supposed to be related be given the same alt mode, such as CliffJumper and Jazz both being a Porche, wait a minute. Then its as dumb as having another transformer having the same alternate mode as Optimus
    [turns to both Motormaster and Ultra Magnus]
    Then Its as dumb as making a non transforming transformer look specifically like it transform into another transformers alt mode
    [looks at Kickoff and Jazz]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Fossilizer Enthusiast. She/Her

Holy fucking shit, we get it, Mirage isn't Jazz, very astute observation. Can we please move on to actual movie discussion?

Please note this isn't directed at anyone specifically but it seems to be all anyone talks about in these threads.

Sorry, I'm just annoyed that we can't seem to move past this.

• Like Like x 3
  8. AceEdent

Who do you want to see in the movie, it was said that we may get more characters, so who do you want?

9. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Look, I'm not 'struggling' with anything, it just seems that you getting annoyed by this is absolutely pointless, given that this particular character is neither G1 Jazz nor G1 Mirage, and the fact that his alt mode looks similar to the former's would appear to be a bone-throw and nothing more.

But that's what I get for taking an interest in movie threads - I'll leave you all to it. *shrug*

10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    Correction: I'm not that annoyed by the whole Porsche thing in question and I honestly had no idea I'd end up talking about it this much, I'm annoyed that something so simple needs to be repeated again and again because some people around here just keep stumbling over and struggling with it.

Also given how you aren't working on the film I'm gonna assume you don't know who or what this 'particular character' is except what they tell us, just like the rest of us.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Ye gods, you're an arrogant, snide piece of work, aren't you? Y'know what, this might get me a thread ban (or at the least get this post removed), but considering I really don't care, allow me to remind you of what I said: this particular character is neither G1 Jazz nor G1 Mirage, because THIS ISN'T G1. Of course I'm not working on the film, don't be so obtuse - it's beyond bloody obvious though, but you keep wanting to throw shade at people because your persona here is actually quite unpleasant.

But feel free to fold it into sharp corners and cram it though, because I'm done here. Have a nice day.

• Like Like x 7
  12. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's more likely that it is simply harder to nameslap a trademark called "CHEETOR" or "RHINOX" than it is to nameslap "MIRAGE" or "IRONHIDE".
    Maybe if Jazz had been named Porschor he would've been luckier.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Roman Empire1977

The Roman Empire1977 I succeeded where Megatron failed

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    As long as the movie is good, and Mirage is well written and likeable, does it really matter? Sure it would have been nice to see jazz, since he hasn't had a major role in a long time. But at the end of the day, its their movie to write, not ours.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    If you're going to argue then maybe get your facts straight.

Jazz and Cliffjumper weren't even from the same toyline before Hasbro consolidated them into Transformers (Jazz is Diaclone, Cliffjumper was Microchange) and are different colors as well. I guarantee you this discussion would be happening with Cliffjumper instead of Jazz if that Porsche on set was red (EDIT: And ignoring the fact Cliffjumper is, y'know, also dead in this continuity). Furthermore, when was the last time Cliffjumper ever was a Porsche, or moreover NOT a retooled Bumblebee, the Prime series where he got killed in five minutes? Meanwhile, Jazz got that Studio Series figure which is very clearly a generic'd Porsche.

Ultra Magnus was originally intended to be an upgrade of Optimus Prime in the original Diaclone line, that's why he has the same core robot component. He's also sometimes Optimus Prime's brother. And while Motormaster isn't identical to Prime, the similarity in their alt. modes is actually the canon reason why Motormaster fancies himself Prime's rival (an entirely one sided affair).

And Kick-Off? Toy-only repaint of the existing AM Jazz mold because repaints have always been part of this toyline (a fact a lot of people seem to forget) and character wise...who gives a damn about Kick-Off? Hell, the most significant thing he's ever done is literally get ripped apart by Overlord off screen in Last Stand of the Wreckers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AceEdent

So I should care what the Diaclone reason for them being the same alt mode instead of the in transformers universe reason? I was just saying from the original post that saying that its really dumb to say that a character being the same alt mode as another pre-established and or established at the same time character is insane with these examples.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AceEdent

Trash tier edit for Primals Robot mode

Attached Files:

17. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I think because it's something most people just don't care about.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Holy hell, I can't believe how disingenuous this is. There's "bad faith" and then there's... I don't even know how you'd describe this.

For starters, G1 Jazz and Cliffjumper are not the same car. They are both Porsche's, but there's more than one Porsche. They're not the same make or colour, and don't resemble one another.

Motormaster is not the same alt mode as Optimus. Different colour, different make. Magnus is, but that's because he's an Optimus retool. I highly doubt ROTB Mirage will be a Jazz retool, and even if he was it wouldn't make sense because the G1 characters were all the first iterations of those characters. The issue with ROTB Mirage is that he blatantly looks like Jazz in alt mode, being a Porsche of a similar make and a similar deco, when the character has never looked like that before.

I have no idea where the hell Kickoff came from, but was there ever a Kickoff prior to the AM toy? No? Then how is that at all similar to what's going on?

I don't even have a problem with ROTM Mirage's alt mode, but holy hell is this a weak argument.

• Like Like x 6
  19. AceEdent

This is the original I was responding to. I get why it maybe argued that the alt mode would work for Jazz, also, why would they give kickoff all of the signature design traits of Jazz's robot mode, the Action Master could of just been Jazz but they decided to make it a Jazz rip off.

20. superhomme

superhomme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers: Rise of the Beasts ― at Montreal Quebec Canada
    Puppet that serves as a marker and will be replaced in CGI by a Transformers

New angle, pic by me. With cars from the 90s + poster E77 attributed to the shooting of the movie TF, we understand that it is for the shooting of Transformers: Rise of the Beasts. ;) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4