Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im starting to fear that this will just be a more elaborate retelling of the Kingdom storyline whole with the beastformers and Unicron thing going on.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Gojimus Prime

Gojimus Prime Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    If ROTB is a good movie and success at the box office, the animated prequel might be the movie that bring transformers back to the mainstream and then we might get more and more movies about different characters in the tf universe

• Like Like x 5
  3. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Advocate for orignality in Transformers.

You know, I'm not fond of how samey all the logos are now. I mean, it makes sense, since they're all sub-factions and descendants of the Autobots and Decepticons, but when you put them all together like that, they just kinda merge. I honestly wasn't sure if these were different logos or just damaged Bot & Con logos.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Putting the cart before the horse don't you think?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Just looks like more overdone dumbness to me. Throw the symbols on him but the rest will barely be anything you know or want. Wheeeee

• Like Like x 2
  6. InstantClazzic

InstantClazzic Well-Known Member

Am I the only one worried because I don\'t believe we\'ve seen any maximals yet.
    also I don\'t think we\'ve really heard about the predacons are they actually in the movie?
    this movie is supposed to release in June and it just seems like we aren\'t really given much to go on yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. superhomme

superhomme Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did put together the latest video shared here for a better overview for interested.

@Black Convoy You can update the news and share the video to complete the news, thank in advance,

• Like Like x 4
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  8. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    we haven't even got a trailer yet, give it time, maximal are harder to show there alt modes, then autobots and decepticons

• Like Like x 3
  9. G1 Grimlock

G1 Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Are those symbol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gojimus Prime

YouTube:
    I guess it's just that they keep the filming underwrap very well

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rocka5438

Rocka5438 Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    oo, wrecker badge and mercenary/quintesson badge are intresting!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gojimus Prime

YouTube:
    Hmm perhaps I'm wrong, but I feel like ROTB is the film that bring more faith to the audiences just like bumblebee and stabilize the franchise, then with all the good news, the animated movie will bring in a lot more people that want to watch it. But it all depends on this movie's success or failure

• Like Like x 1
  13. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The maximals and predacons are both fully CGI characters. You will not see them on set from these picture leaks.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Josuez5

Josuez5 Life always will be more than meets the eye

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  15. Banannixx

Banannixx The Banana Man

Ebay:
    I still have mixed feelings about this whole ordeal. While I'm not opposed to having 4/5 factions, I share the general consensus that it risks making the film bloated.

I'm basically at "Hope for the best, but expecting the worst" at this point, but that's not to throw any shade at this new director. Good luck to him!

As far as the alt modes go, I REALLY love the Nissan Skyline, and I think that it's a good fit for an evil ninja fembot.

Prime looks divine, even with the bullbar (wondering how that affects bot mode).

Arcee, Mirage, and the two new guys are fine, I guess, but we'll just have to wait for their identities to be revealed.

And then there's Scourge. I want to like Scourge, but the excessive amount of collected faction symbols looks, frankly, ridiculous.
    I (think I) understand what they're going for; a homage to Spielberg's Duel, but what I think they should've done would be to keep that detail restricted to robot mode/ just have less of them on the grill, or to go the Deep Desert Brawl/ AOE Hound/ TLK Onslaught route and just make them straight killsigns on the side of the cab.

• Like Like x 3
  16. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Gojimus Prime

YouTube:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The van was spotted in Montreal with English writing, so it seems the writing changes to Spanish when it gets to Peru, rather than it having any connection to Noah.

For those getting excited about the Wreckers, I wouldn't put too much stock into what's probably just a choice the designers made to vary the types of insignia on the grille. I'm not saying we won't ever see Wreckers in the movies, but I doubt it confirms any intention at this time

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    This is all perfectly reasonable.

With many of the updates we see of the alt-modes there's always a tiny part of me that gets at least a little excited, but then my more rational / skeptical instincts kick in and remind me to keep my expectations at a reasonable level.

I want the movie to be an improvement, building off of what Bumblebee did right instead of repeating past mistakes but I can't ignore the various red flags that we've picked up on along the way. The movie could still come out and be great, I just think with what we know and taking past signs into account as well the chances of it being great are not as likely as it being another flop. The worst case scenario would be that the movie comes out and it's yet another loud, stupid and shallow Bay-era film that does well with the general audience, enjoying the film in that state isn't a bad thing but the reality of being a consumer is that by financially rewarding creators for poor quality work will only ensure more poor quality work in the future because they know they can get away with it.

If it comes out, isn't very good and flops at the box office that'd suck for sure but it'd be for the best since it means next time they'll hopefully have to make an effort to do a better job. If it's decent and yet still flops then that would be pretty shitty, but at the very least we'd have two relatively decent TF movies to look back on. The best (almost pipe-dream scenario) would be the movie is in the vain of Bumblebee and against all odds continues to improve where the Bay films stagnated and suffered a slow, elongated demise and does well enough at the box office to warrant possibly more films in the future.

Contrary to what some of you may think I really do care and want this movie to do well despite all the signs, I'm simply beyond fed up of the Bayverse and the culture of complacency and conflict it brought with it. We can do so much better than those trashy cash-grabs, and I think as a fanbase we DESERVE higher quality entertainment.

• Like Like x 12
  20. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2