Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean technically the 935 is a type of 911, being the racing version of a 930. But I'm only playing devil's advocate here. It would definitely look more Jazz-ish if it were the Flachbau version of the 911; I would've reversed the colours and had the car more blue for Mirage, perhaps people wouldn't see Jazz in the alt mode so much *shrug*. But we're in a universe where Bumblebee's a Camaro, Scourge is a truck, Nightbird's a Cybertronian and Wheeljack's possibly a VW van, so it's no big deal as long as the characters and movie are good.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    But was he a porsche with a wing spoiler and blue stripe? Yes? THEN END OF STORY.

Everybody getting hung up on the EXACT MODEL is literally guilty of the argument they keep accusing other people of. NOBODY CARES that the Porsche isn't exactly the same model, they just care its a PORSCHE with a WING SPOILER and THE STRIPE. PERIOD.

By the same token, literally nobody has complained about Mirage not being an F1. NOBODY. At least not the sane people. This stupid argument about how people can't accept Mirage as not being an F1 is entirely wrong, BECAUSE THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM. You have a car that looks PERFECT for a a take on Jazz right down to the spoiler and the paint job...and they're using it for somebody else? The only way you could be ANY CLOSER to Jazz is to literally use the specific vehicle his original toy was based on, and that's obviously not happening.

Plus the car is colored wrong for Mirage anyway - Mirage had the colors inverted. As seen in this screenshot where Mirage is right next to Jazz as they're racing. For that stupid Porsche to look like Mirage, the car should have been blue with a white stripe.

[​IMG]

Yeah, you know what you're not mentioning here? We already know that the robot mode for Nightbird is extremely based on the G1 design. Which kind of defeats your argument in trying to use her as an example when she actually is proving the opposite point.

It doesn't matter because people are still going to ask why the hell they didn't use the Porsche that looks virtually perfect for that character's alt. mode, for THAT CHARACTER, even if Jazz later appears should this film be successful.

• Like Like x 8
  3. MindChamber

MindChamber Multi-Media-Masta

that's what happens when you hire a director that also has an animation background. not all of that was mocap thank god

• Like Like x 6
  4. AceEdent

AceEdent It's not an accident

I got to ask, since I've seen you be a giant contributor to this argument, why. And what are your thoughts about wheeljack. NO, don't tell me, you don't like it because it doesn't represent the character/ doesn't fit him as well as it could for someone else, like change it red and then its ironhide

• Like Like x 2
  5. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They did not make a mistake, they made a choice that peeves a minority of fans and a minority of that minority is still arguing about it because they are dedicated to kveltching, but most people are just joking about it in the same way they joked about the Blitzwing-Starscream thing or just flat out not even thinking about the subject. It is very loaded and biased to brand it a ''mistake.''

And frankly no one is "defending the choice" since those that are fine with it don't even think the choice needs to be defended as much as they are defending the right behind that choice because they find the "accuracy to my favorite childhood media" discourse tiresome as it has endured for decades in this fandom. But just like that discourse failed to derail previous efforts, it is very unlikely that the Mirage situation will hurt the appeal of this film at wide.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I guess you haven't been reading any of my posts on the subject, quite unsurprising. The alt. mode for Wheeljack, in my mind, is fine, because I think it does fit the character.

With Mirage, the problem is that the car just exists. And it looks like another character's known alt. mode so closely without changing anything (so don't pull that "paint it red and its Ironhide" crap), the question really is why wouldn't anybody use a vehicle that looks so much like a specific character as that character? Likewise, I've been suggesting different vehicles for Mirage, NONE OF WHICH ARE F1 CARS. The 1991 Dodge Viper, the 1970 Plymouth Superbird, hell maybe even the 1983 Toyota AE86 (a.k.a. the car from Initial D).

Hell, I even said if Jazz didn't exist the car would be suitable for Mirage.

But no, just keep putting words in my mouth and not reading what I'm actually saying. Just like how everybody keeps thinking the whole Mirage/Jazz shitshow is about Mirage not being a car nobody ever gave a fuck about in the first place, when it's always been about a car that everybody thinks looks more like Jazz not being Jazz.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Dod Ear

Dod Ear Father of Four

Pardon my extreme ignorance, but I showed the pic to my 12 year old and he wants to know why the car that looks like it should be Jazz is Mirage. I don't have any idea. Can you all help him out?

• Like Like x 9
  8. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

“Why did they have to make Mirage a Porsche?”
    “Ugh, OBVIOUSLY they couldn’t make him an F1 car!!”
    “Yeah, that’s fine, but why couldn’t they make him something other than a Porsche?”
    “Ugh, OBVIOUSLY they couldn’t make him an F1 car!!!!!”

• Like Like x 13
  9. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Pretty much.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The film will have Terrocons and Decepticons? Or Bonaventure is bluffing ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. AceEdent

AceEdent It's not an accident

I still find it odd that other then a possible duocon, we have no idea what the orange truck is.

PS, if we ever get a Duocon in modern media, they should have a similar gimmick to animated blitzwing

• Like Like x 3
  12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    Any time I pressed these people for examples of people who were being seemingly unreasonable all I'd get are anecdotes or out of context messages from another site, it's like these people are incapable of arguing without utilizing strawmen or some other fallacy.

I'm basically convinced at this point they'll defend anything these movies do no matter how antithetical or low quality it is, the spectacle and 'new toy' feeling just overrides any rational sense they may or may not have.

Still waiting for someone to show me a single example of someone who wants Mirage to be an F1. Then I'll have to break it to these little ones that it's actually okay if someone wants him to be an F1 because different opinions and all that. One step at a time.

The fact that I see people utilizing borderline gaslighting behavior on someone being reasonably skeptical about a series of movies that are mostly terrible is astounding to me. Like running into an honest to gosh flat-earther or a shiny Pokemon, I wanna take them and show them to people, that's how filled with awe and wonder I am.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  13. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    Is that real or an unofficial mockup.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Yeah and if it is real where did you find it?

• Like Like x 1
  15. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    This would be my ideal mirage vehicle mode

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  16. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I found it on a discord server. It seemed legit to me. I asked the person who posted it there, and I’m still waiting for his response.

• Like Like x 3
  17. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Honestly funny enough that screams Jazz more than Mirage to me (the spoiler does that to me).

• Like Like x 4
  18. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    i guess it could be a good substitute for people who wanted him as an f1 car on the streets ? Cause he’s a race car which is street legal

• Like Like x 3
  19. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Hopefully it is real.
    I would love for that to happen but it still might be a little too soon. But what this does mean if real is that they're working on the film and vfx for the film and robots and a trailer is again likely to be released soon in December.

• Like Like x 4
  20. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Studio Series is great again!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    what if this is the title sequence? maybe even for a teaser trailer, or is it too soon?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.