Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Notice how only ONE of the concept art has the character's name. I'm really feeling that both trucks are Scourge.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Josuez5

Josuez5 Life always will be more than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Hmmmm interesting...

• Like Like x 1
  3. BeeTwo

BeeTwo ~~Bzzz Bzzz, i'm a bee~~

A robot that will be twice as big as Optimus? you have my full attention.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RATCHET 208

RATCHET 208 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    OMFG !!!!! HOPE WE'LL SEE MORE SOON !

• Like Like x 1
  5. Optimus Primal BW

Optimus Primal BW Remember the Great War, Rattrap

News Credits:
    and we still don't know who the orange truck is (the van probably wheeljack)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Being detail-oriented, especially in the context of what this film franchise has brought us since '07, is a wonderful quality to have. . .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Magnum Dongus

Magnum Dongus @DiddlyDipstick on Twitter

Magnus?!?
    Holy shit, I never noticed that! That’s awesome
    I feel like it’s really weird to have his body be two totally different themes. If both vehicles were two halves of his body, wouldn’t they have a similar aesthetic?

• Like Like x 1
  8. KickCounterkick

KickCounterkick Where's Legacy Ricochet at? Poor guy needs a break

That's total B.S though, he's a rage filled war monger in the other movies, constantly brutalizing his enemies.

I'm just saying I don't buy that, but I'm excited for the movie nontheless.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    this is a flawed rebuttal to a perfectly valid point.

The G1 cartoon could devote whole episodes putting the focus on individual characters. The movie series can't do this, but they can ramp up complexity from one movie to the next. Have to crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run, and this sounds like going from Bumblebee baby-steps to full-on parkour free-running. Not advisable

Overloading a storyline with multiple characters, factions, etc, is going to be a lot for mainstream audiences and casual fans to make sense of. And lets face it, we've been here before. It's a recipe for confusion.

... And they talk about taking inspiration from Terminator 2? Remember how tight and focused that was? This whole movie sounds like it's been designed by committee, backseat-directed by Bay, and if it somehow comes out well-paced, engaging and coherent I will bow down in awe of Steven Caple Jr.

• Like Like x 5
  10. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    I understand that isn’t fitting considering his characterization in the Bay films is extremely violent, but again, I think it’s more or less used as a frame of reference regarding the time period rather than some actual connection.

• Like Like x 10
  11. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They said Terminator 2 was the inspiration for the action scenes, to be exact. Not in "the overall package"

• Like Like x 2
  12. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This could well be the case. I think people would be less likely to think that it could still be related to the Bay films if Paramount acknowledged it as being a different universe. The press release following the launch event doesn't do this. Hasbro called Bumblebee a 'new storytelling universe' on one occasion at Toy Fair (which is hardly the way to reach a wider audience for an official announcement about a film franchise, where film journalists should be the target), but nothing from the film makers themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    To my knowledge it mostly comes from the (probably fake) 4Chan leak and a handful of hints here and there.

I personally think the leak was fake, but I do think aspects of it could be real just by virtue of the creator making an estimated guess. There have been a few hints, like the supposed interdimensional portal and the similarity of the Terrorcon logo to Unicron's head. I doubt things will play out exactly like the leak (I don't think Scourge is a reformatted Bayverse Optimus, for instance), but I think it's very possible that they'll use some sort of time-travel or multiverse plot to wrap up the Unicron story (or set it up for the next film).

I kind of wonder this too. It would be a cool visual, but I am worried about the relatively small amount of villains.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    People were misinterpreting that quote. If you read full comment, you will see he's talking about Optimus in general and not specifically Bayverse Prime (especially since he also mentions G1 Prime):
    Source: Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Will Reveal Optimus Prime's Connection to Earth

• Like Like x 10
  15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Why do we think both trucks are Scourge again?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Scourge was reported to have an orange glow on him. Since his vehicle mode doesn't have orange but the other tow truck did, people were thinking Scourge is a Duocon and his robot mode is a combination of both trucks.

Personally, I think they're distinct characters and his orange parts are simply hidden inside the truck. The theory is plausible though.

• Like Like x 14
  17. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  18. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Man hearing Stevens quote again after while I was getting hyped even more again you can really tell he’s just a fan of a franchise which is great to hear and it’s an interesting idea to explore in a movie and happy for Peter Cullen that this is kind of a Optimus film/ arc film. Before the cybertron film which will still have Prime in it but will be more about Optimus/Orian Pax and Megs friendship on Cybertron and probably fallout.

• Like Like x 4
  19. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Someone at paramount really needs to straighten out the facts regarding BB and ROTB's connection to the Bay Verse, this kabuki theater is getting tiresome.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I suspect Terminator 2 being constantly referenced for 'action' is only going to apply to T2's famous highway chase sequence. Because the bad guy is driving a truck. So for ROTB, somehow that'll translate to Scourge chasing somebody down, probably Mirage.

I think both trucks are Scourge but at different times. Orange parts and a flame beard? And we're almost certain he's going to be associated with Unicron.

Yeah. Unicron loyalist that's black and on fire. Where have we seen this before?
    [​IMG]

Like...how, HOW IS THIS MOVIE CONSTANTLY SOUNDING MORE AND MORE LIKE THEY'RE TRYING TO REMAKE REVENGE OF THE FALLEN!?

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.