Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Smokeyoreo18, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Man I hope one day we can see those '07 characters in BB verse designs, for longer than 5 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I'm late to this speculation/discussion...

Why does seeing a VW Van "confirm it as Wheeljack?"

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

Funny if the van IS Wheeljack cause both him and Mirage were supposed to show up in DOTM only to be changed later to be different characters (though I know Que is still debatable with the film credits) and now here they are for real this time! (maybe)

All this squabbling about characters transforming into wrong vehicles and a old director coming on set...remember when the big problem was a Starscream look alike ended up not being Starscream? Good times.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Doesn't confirm it what confirms it is the fact that one of the people working on the film mentioned Wheeljack by name.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Richard Hunslet

Richard Hunslet Active Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Probably because he's the only other Autobot to be confirmed outside of Optimus, Bee, Arcee and Mirage.
    I don't think its Wheeljack personally. I think its Ratchet or Ironhide.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

And Battleship. Never forget that.

Which one?

Funny enough, I saw just one in Barcelona recently.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

Could you please clarify what that means?

8. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To be fair that scene with the Autobots arrival was added last minute and I doubt there was any real intention other than showing that some Cybertronians were coming to Earth. I'd be more worried if ROTB ended up bloated with characters simply because it's beholden to a few seconds' worth of CG in the previous movie.

• Like Like x 9
  9. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    my $.2 So 7 entry mode comets were seen at the end of BB. Doesn't mean all 7 robots have to be present and accounted for. I think it would be awesome if there were a couple unnamed autobots piddling around in the background as support personal. It would add a level of realism to them.

I'm down for a VW Bus Wheeljack, if it turns out to be him. Interesting new take.

Off my soapbox now lol

• Like Like x 4
  10. Richard Hunslet

Richard Hunslet Active Member

Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    I think its a safe bet that any other Autobot that's on Earth (Ironhide, Ratchet, Brawn) will probably play a minor role, kind of like Dino and Barricade in DOTM.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dr Tommy

Dr Tommy Member

If the van isn't WheelJack, why not Ratchet. Always the trusty sidekick and small van (G1). Plus being a "medic", make love not war seems to fit the VW vibe.

Also this article mentions the time travel thing about Maximals / Predacons.

I like that producers change up the character looks a bit, as long as they keep their personalities that we all can relate to. For me that was the essence of the comics and cartoons that Bay forgot about (or just didn't understand) in his later movies.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    In a way I'm in the same boat as you are. While some of this raises red flags I'm also excited on other things. You're also right about on how we shouldn't pick on Burnout or anyone else for that matter on his opinions either way. We all have the right to express them however we go about it. So I'm sorry if what I said earlier counts as picking on him despite it not being my intention.

• Like Like x 5
  13. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Hopefully if things turn out well, Steven Caple Jr will be involved long term and doesn’t become a one off director like Travis Knight.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ShockwaveFan148

ShockwaveFan148 Darn it Mattel!

That doesn’t mean it’s Wheeljack. From what I can tell the photo is just of characters they were filming in that scene. It’s likely that’s not all the vehicle characters, just the ones on set at that moment.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Houndini

Houndini Hound. That's all. Thank you for your time.

Okay guys, be as pessimistic as you like, but why are y'all already shitting on the movie when we haven't even seen a trailer yet??? Like, okay, Michael Bay is poo poo, we get it, but he's not going to be any more involved in this than he was with BB, and while he cannot write a story or make strong characters to save his life, he knows what he's doing when it comes to action scenes and that sort of stuff. The movie is not going to suck just because he is involved. And the few of you who aren't in tears because of Bay: You are getting upset over information and photos that are just pieces of a bigger picture, theres not enough info to judge what this is going to look like.
    images (1).jpeg

Back on topic for a sec tho, I'm interested to see how many Autobots there will be when its all set in stone, weren't there rumors of Ironhide being in this too?

• Like Like x 4
  16. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Waiting for TFA Legacy figs and 3A Bay Ironhide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    My logic of thinking is that Wheeljack doesn’t really get out much of his lab testing equipment, making guns, toying with things that always blow up in his face so he’s a lot dirtier than the other’s.
    I think that what’s happening cause if you watch stevens story vid. He says about Bay “he’s passionate toward teaching me a lot”

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Oh cool! What a great homage to those now classic pics of all the 2007 bots, Barricade, and Starscream parked together. Hoping we get something out of everybody. And we’ve still got the Maximals and Predacons.

So that’s Optimus, Bumblebee, Arcee, Mirage, and Wheeljack; Scourge, Nightbird and Hun-Grr; Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor, Airazor. And one rumor has already suggested BW Megs.

Hmm. It would feel strange to not have Dinobot, but he probably needs more time to develop than this size cast already will allow him to have.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    What's the difference between shitting on the movie versus praising it before it has come out as some people are doing? Also, it's not like the majority of Transformers films have turned out to be bad or anything...oh wait.

• Like Like x 4
  19. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

TFW2005 is one giant comedy club haha

• Like Like x 3
  20. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Waiting for TFA Legacy figs and 3A Bay Ironhide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hungurr is rumored to be the Tow Truck but it’s not confirmed also If Dinobot is in the film he will probably be a Predacon which I get but I really wish he was just a Maximal by the time we saw him. So we can see him interact with the other Autobots/Maximals without being in battle with them. And I'm just kind of tired of drawing out Dinobots turn to the Maximals and dying before he does/in general (talking about the NX show) the best parts of the character are when he's a Maximal

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5