Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

I don't like the when they use these movies to market a location. Peru is a cool place to film for sure! Just don't star making compromises to please your sponsors like adding a landmark turning into a Transformer just for the sake of it.

That's what this stone Transformer sounds like it could be, and I'm not really interested in seeing that. If it's actually a meaningful character then fine, but if it's just some tacked on nonsense...then no.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    see I saw some of these comments and lost one too many brain cells

• Like Like x 6
  3. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    Rocklords CONFIRMED!

4. Terrellatron

News Credits:
    I believe it was just an onset script reading for the human actors and onset effects crew

• Like Like x 3
  5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Exactly, we havent seen the movie, so we cant see how its executed until it comes out

So right now we cant say if it'll be more like TF1-5 or more like Bumblebee or a mix of both or feel differently, we wont know until we see the movie itself or if the script is leaked somehow, then once we have seen it, now we can either say they learned nothing or they did learned

• Like Like x 7
  6. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

Because directors don't come back for sequels all the time - Colin Treverrow was only going to direct one Jurassic World film before Spielberg asked him to direct Dominion.

Knight implicitly said the reasons why he probably turned down the gig - in an interview, shortly after Bumblebee came out, he said he wanted to go back to his animation studio LAIKA and get back to working on movies there. Bumblebee was a fun break from LAIKA/learning experience that allowed him to make a film for a franchise he was a fan of. LAIKA's his brainchild and he wants to get back to it.

Also, @Music, Knight was only a producer on Missing Link - it was Chris Butler who directed and wrote it. (Chris Butler is from my home town - and one of my aunts went to school with him - so, yeah, it's kind of a big deal for me).

I understand why all the pessimists are being, well, pessimistic - but I'm personally optimistic as to what this film is going to be like (because I'm an optimist by nature). It's going to be cool seeing the Maximals and Predacons in live action (and Ron freaking Perlman playing Optimus Primal) - and it's going to be interesting to see them meet the Autobots (and what has been on fan wishlists since Beast Wars began).

The released date of ROTB, roughly coincides with my little cousin's tenth birthday (who absolutely loves Transformers) - I'm most likely going to take her to see it. Partly because I know she'll probably love it - and it'll introduce her to ideas like Maximals and Predacons and characters like Optimus Primal and Cheetor and Rhinox.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Phynxes

Phynxes Maggiemus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Am I the only one disappointed because they thought "Stone Wall" is a reference to the Stonewall Riots?

• Like Like x 3
  8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Likewise, JJ wasnt meant to do SW9, but only came back when Colin himself dropped out.

We even have MCU sequels in where they changed directors and in some case it had nothing to do with any kind of drama, just that the director didnt came back despite having a good experience with Marvel, there was no drama with the directors of Captain Marvel, but they arent doing the 2nd film, they had no dramas with Joe Johnston, but he didnt came back for the next 2 Cap films, they had no drama with Kenneth Branagh but didnt came back to do future Thor films. This one may not count as its a tv show, but we also know that the director of Loki S1 is likewise not coming back for S2, despite there not being any drama

Other example the director of Godzilla 2014 didnt came back for King of the Monsters, despite there not being any BTS problems with Gareth

• Like Like x 5
  9. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Banned

You're doing a bit, right?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Ok, sure.

'Transformers 7' Cast & Filmmakers on the 90s Setting, Beast Wars, and Moving Away From the Michael Bay Films

There's a LOT to unpack here, including a good portion of stuff I'm surprised nobody's mentioned yet like how Lorenzo says Caple's big creative invention with Scourge is...ripping off Animated Lockdown's obsession with grafting other's body parts to himself, essentially.

Also, the female lead is an artifact researcher. Because what's a Transformers film without some bullshit ancient artifact?

• Like Like x 5
  11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Doesnt mean the film will be bad, we'll only be able to say that for certain once we had actually seen it.

Now could it be possible it may suck, of course any movie has the possibiltiy to suck even those with a promising premise, but we cant know for certain until its out, or somehow we are able to get our hands on the script and read it

• Like Like x 1
  12. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm going to preface this comment with the following: Travis Knight has said he's interested in directing another Transformers film. Not sure where the hell people are getting the info that he wasn't interested. Here's the direct quote: "In my mind, I have all kinds of ideas for where Charlie goes from here; where Bumblebee goes from here; where Optimus Prime goes from here. In my mind, I’ve already made those movies on some level. If the stars align, would I tell another story in this universe? I mean, I love these characters, so it’d be a thrill to be able to tell a different kind of story in this universe. Time will tell."

Knight doesn't even have to be a director. It's strange he didn't come back as an advisor (like Bay) at least. If Knight truly left on good terms, why didn't Lorenzo or Paramount just say that? He was the director of the film they are making a sequel of. They should say something about his absence. It all just seems fishy. If Travis actually said he had zero interest in directing a Transformers film, this would be a different story.

What gig? Are you talking about the sequel to Bumblebee? The only thing he said about that was he had ideas on where he'd like the film to go. The film he turned down after Bee came out was a GOTG film.

Yet, he's signed up to direct two other non-Laika films.

Not sure why this matters. He still said he wanted focus on the Missing Link back when it was in production.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ractonite

Ractonite Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Giant golden Autobot hm?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  14. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

Some of you need to understand why paramount is going to big scale movies.Has anyone seen how big the competition in 2022?They need to bring the audience back for transformers.You can do a big budget and be good like proven many times by other films.They are introducing beast characters and other factions to do something new that may excite the audience.The hype for tf is not like it was before and bumblebee didn’t have enough action for some.Also bumblebee was small movie because it was supposed to be because it’s about one character.This one has transformers in title so of course it’s going to be bigger.Now I don’t know how the movie will turn out we all want it to be good so I’m just gonna wait for the trailer and reviews.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Delzord

I said this before. I really don't understand where this notion that Travis Knight wasn't interested in doing another Transformers movie or other live action movies general comes from. He is attached to 3? upcoming non animation projects including a movie with Mark Walhberg and clearly expressed interest in doing another TF movie in interviews prior.

• Like Like x 3
  16. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    People need to take a deep breath and relax. The producer of a movie showing up on set is nothing to be freaked out about. Bay produced Bumblebee and the Quiet Place movies, and he seems to be fairly hands off. He probably just showed up to give some advice and maybe help with the action a bit. Or maybe he just wants to make sure his producer money is being put to good use.

I choose to look at the 'glass half full' side of things...a man who devoted a decade of his life to giving us Transformers movies decided to show up and give guidance to a less-experienced director. What's not cool about that? Let's face it, Bay is probably more qualified to be there than any of us are.

The way people talk you'd think Bay traveled across the globe to force Steven Caple Jr. to put potty jokes in the movie for the sole purpose of angering Transformers fans. This idea that Bay and Lorenzo have some sort of personal vendetta against Transformers fans is just bizarre (and comes across as very unhealthy). These sort of comments embarrass me, as a Transformers fan, more than anything Bay ever put in his movies.

• Like Like x 16
  17. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Jesus, people, relax. He isn\'t directing the movie. Have a open mind, and don\'t have high expectations or low expectations.

• Like Like x 10
  18. Delzord

To add, I agree I would have liked to see Travis Knight get a shot at a sequel or be brought back in an advisor role, but I honestly don't think there is any animosity between him and Paramount. I just think they wanted to go in a different direction and thought Caple Jr. was the right fit for their vision for ROTB. Maybe they think Caple Jr. can bring at bit more of the action they thought was missing from Bumblebee? (I don't agree that Knight couldn't have done that, but that could be what was in their mind)

I do believe Travis Knight would of done the sequel if he had been asked by Paramount. I would really like someone to ask him about the situation in an interview because until then we will never truly know the deal.

• Like Like x 2
  19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    If Bay was directing the movie i would totally understand people freaking out

But he's not directing this one, calm down and relax people. i said it once and will say it again, he's the producer of this film, so him visiting the set shouldn't be a big deal.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Big spectacles with big price tags don't mean anything if the films fail to bring in a profit. You know, like exactly what happened with TLK. Bumblebee was a smaller level production BUT it was actually profitable. What you are suggesting as "why" Paramount needs to go big scale is the exact mindset that got them in trouble in the first place!

In a post-MCU environment, what Paramount should be doing is smaller scale, certainly not this multi-plot mess that ROTB is shaping up to be. Why are we introducing three entirely new factions before the main two; Autobots and Decepticons, have even really had a chance to be established beyond "good guys" and "bad guys"? There simply isn't a foundation that can handle a film of the scope ROTB is shooting for, no context whatsoever besides "yes, there's a war" and nothing is even known about it for the most part.

And Hype? The best way to have hype is just bring Megatron back. The main villain of the franchise, who at this point isn't even in the film and is already being overshadowed AGAIN with whatever the 'beast' is going to be in Peru. Stick to the basics of the franchise that have appealed to the general public first, PROVE that can be done RIGHT, and only THEN will the general public bite on more derivative material. Otherwise, I can see the reviews saying this film is the franchise regressing back to why they were so loathed in the last decade and that more than anything will kill interest in the film.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.