Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    “Animal controller”, is that gonna be another “dinosaur supervisor” situation like Jurassic Park?

So Autobots are Optimus, Bee, Arcee, Wheeljack and Mirage, Maximals are Primal, Cheetor, Airazor, and Rhinox. Villains are Scourge, Nightbird, supposedly BW Megs and Hun-Grr.

Let’s keep the cast small here, hopefully the characters have at least as much characterization as Shatter and Dropkick.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  3. setientshoebox

setientshoebox Banned

I\'m really looking forward to this movie, I hope it\'s actually good

• Like Like x 10
  4. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

I don't believe the Terrorcons will join forces with the Autobots and Maximals. I think it will be the an alliance between the good guys and the Predacons in order to take down the overall threat of the Terrocons.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Animal Supervisor from what it seems like basically takes care of the Animals and makes sure they do what there supposed to and not wonder
    I got a feeling most of the screen time will go better than we think it will(fingers crossed). I think most of the screentime for characters will go to the Autobots and Terrorcons (more-so Autobots but still) then Maximals and then Predacons

Same in my top 3 of most anticipated films next year - The Batman, ROTB, Dr. Strange ITMOM (The Batman obviously being #1) gotta stay positive.
    Could the film be bad? Yes, but will it be as bad as TLK? I highly doubt it and it'll definitely be more watchable. Also just gonna be cool a full-fledged TF film with G1 designs and to see the Maximals make their LA debut (it's kind of hard for me not to get at least a little bit excited about some content TF-related) and again getting to see G1 and BW characters interact like Kingdom. Also excited for GA to see and know about these characters (If I can see non-TF people talk about characters that aren't Prime and Bee it's a W in my books)

Especially with Steven Caple Jr. saying that the Terrorcons are a threat to everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Me too. It's a super exciting time for Transformers movies.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It's just a rally style camaro. it's not a friggin Mad Max battle wagon.
    Movie Bee is a Camaro. We just have to learn to live with that.

To anyone still combing for proof that this is a reboot and not a prequel, just save yourselves the headache and stop worrying about it. Even if everyone involved said it was a reboot (as they have in the past), Dino DeLaurentis will never fully cut that string when people ask him about it. He will continue giving vague answers and making sure no one knows what is going on. Either way, does it really matter? say these are prequels if that makes you happy. Say they're not if that's how you feel. I'll be absolutely shocked if these next couple movies do anything that can't be explained away as "well we just don't know what happened between that movie and 07 Bayformers"

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

That's what I initially thought - however the mention of a "big beast" specifically, in a film filled with beastformers, kind of makes me wonder.

Why would this threat be described specifically as a "big beast" when none of the Terrorcons that we know of have a beast mode. Having said that, however, it's possible that Hun-Gurr and co. are part of Scourge's crew, so the big beast could refer to Abominus.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GreyMandrill

GreyMandrill Well-Known Member

Went and checked for that, seems very likely that it's fake.

That being said, if they were to put Hun-Gurrr in it (and he seems a reasonable choice seeing as, you know, Terrorcons) then the orange truck is how I reckon they'd do it. Orange is the only color currently untaken by the rest of the cast, Hun-Gurrr's normal color scheme would probably be deemed too similar to Nightbird's, and his normal alt mode doesn't gel.

Do I think it's Hun-Gurrr? Nah. But if it is him, I won't be especially surprised.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Again it's always refreshing to see someone else direct a movie of a property you love because they could add something to the property that someone else would not expect or come up with and that is actually a FAN of the franchise. Also someone with a very critically well-recieved movie in a franchise in Creed II (I plan to have seen both Creed films and the rest of the Rocky films franchise (minus Rockey 5 cause I hear that ones terrible and can be skipped) before ROTB).
    Honestly, I wish they would come out and say it's a reboot but as long as the films good and is it's own thing (which sound to be the case) and doesn't really mention the Bay films and only mentions BB I'm good. Mainly that the films good tho.

• Like Like x 2
  11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Drop the hostility and get the ever living F over yourself.

My post had absolutely ZERO to do with whether or not this was a prequel or a reboot and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that he was a Jeep prior to this.

Chill.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    Considering Bumblebee is usually characterized as a teenager (not just in the Bay movies, but also in stuff like Animated), you could kind of look at this like Bumblebee dressing a bit more edgy than usual.

Yeah, I love that we're getting new directors onboard this brand. I have a lot of respect for Bay's movies (even if they're not always my cup of tea), but I think a lot of fans agree he probably should have left after 3. And I always got the feeling his heart wasn't entirely in the last two, especially TLK (although I do like a lot of aspects in TLK).

After ten years of those movies, it's cool to finally see new directors get a chance to step into Transformers and play in the sandbox. Which is kind of how I view the brand as a whole...a big sandbox for storytellers to play with giant robot toys, each bringing their own vision and style. Bay's edgier/more adult approach, Knight's nostalgia-driven approach, James Robert's love of obscure characters, etc. Can't wait to see what Caple does.

• Like Like x 4
  13. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Yeah also want to hear more from him talking about this film/in general about TF’s (cause when he was talking about Prime you could tell he get it) and who would think to have the main villian Scourge (and resemble his RID version)? And have Nightbird be a character in the movie? A character that appeared in 1 episode of G1 and never appeared in a cartoon since.
    Also yeah you can tell Bay didn’t care by AOE/TLK as much as he did by DOTM (I mean Paramount had to pay him a lot of money to get him to come back for 4 and 5).

Also one think I think people forget is also Hasbro has a way bigger say in these films than they did with TF1-TF5 (not saying Rise won’t be bad because of this but still work noting) after they’re new contract after BB. I mean Lorenzo said that a BW film is unlikely to happen/should happen but here we are with BW characters in the film

• Like Like x 1
  14. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

Dino DeLaurentis? He has certainly not been answering any questions recently.

• Like Like x 4
  15. XenoXX121

XenoXX121 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those are from Facebook, I probably should have posted them earlier. Here's the full resolution versions:

241130710_10226639074024228_537024562579268126_n.jpg 241538035_10226639074904250_4799216761991008366_n.jpg

And a couple with the guy who posted them (talk about lucky):

241043760_10226639073024203_8680017375634546657_n.jpg 241529881_10226639074464239_3102582260530262518_n.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  16. setientshoebox

setientshoebox Banned

I\'m hoping for bee\'s bot mode they went with the design from the bumblebee movie

• Like Like x 2
  17. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

If this car were a Transformer in this movie and it looks exactly like Downshift, you could bet your ass that it's Trailbreaker.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

Is this a prequel or a reboot? I don't care. I don't mind about continuity/retcon if a TF movie is a good one on its own (like TF1 & BBB). Every TF series & movies always have continuity/retcon changes, even those that Hasbro slapped the "aligned" label on. Whether you consider the continuity/retcon as a negative "problem" or positive "reimagining" is up to each individual fans. Me, even in the proper TF1-TF5 Bayverse, I WANT some design/appearance changes for the same characters. It makes for a better evolutionary collection & new transforming experiences. Movie Bee MUST ALWAYS be a Camaro is not exactly smart for merchandizing toys either.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bee is a outliner cos he wasn’t a camaro in g1, and tbf his robot mode in bee movie looked nowhere g1 anyway

20. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?

YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks cool.

Also, you guys get the hell over yourselves.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.