Rise of the beasts set photos, leaks, and interviews thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mn_128875, Jul 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RATCHET 208

RATCHET 208 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, I mean c'mon Paramount :<

2. Optimus Primal BW

Optimus Primal BW Remember the Great War, Rattrap

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @SilverOptimus do you know if there’s going to be any public announcements for the film or at least the Nickelodeon show?

• Like Like x 13
  4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yeah, spelling can be a nuisance, especially when you end up using a word that has the exact opposite meaning of what you want.

Furthermore, why wouldn't there be Decepticons? They are literally a cornerstone of the brand and are the reason the Autobots are on Earth. To not have Decepticons would be completely ignoring the entire plot of the first film.

By the same concept, why the hell do we have Terrorcons? From what has been explained...they easily could have just been Decepticons. What is the fundamental difference that they have to have their own faction as opposed to just being part of the existing bad guy group?

This is just more evidence that ROTB is going to be a disaster on the same level as TLK because they're introducing far too many new things at the cost of having villains who are actually nuanced and interesting. We barely even have Decepticons and now we're moving up to THREE enemy factions simultaneously? No, that's stupid, and thus entirely to be expected of Paramount if we're honest.

• Like Like x 4
  5. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

We know nothing about the plot.Maybe it’s more complex story then we’ve had before.You can still do that and be coherent.The last knight had different problems like the typical bay problems.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    More complex? We don't need a 'more complex' story, that's the complete wrong direction to go in. "More complex" is the bullshit they tried to go toward after DOTM and failed to execute on more due to not following through on Age of Excrement's numerous attempts to change the premise. "More Complex" was the aborted TFCU.

We can't even get a film that gasps the basics right, or at a level that would be fitting for a franchise where the focal conflict is nothing less than a civil war encompassing an entire civilization down to the last member of its species.

I mean, why are the Autobots and Decepticons even at war in this new Bumblebee movie continuity? The Cybertronian Civil War is the underpinning of the entire setting of this franchise and it's been set off for a handful of different reasons over the years. Even the original 2007 movie understood you have to have a basic reason to understand the premise, and there the reason was 'Megatron/Decepticons wanted the AllSpark for power'. That (hopefully) isn't still in play but as a result, the whole point of everything on even a basic, maybe even ultimately incorrect, understanding of the situation isn't defined. And that means why would anybody care? On top of that, why give a damn about these random asshat Terrorcons who are all nameslaps essentially, when the existing badguys the Autobots are running from haven't gotten any development whatsoever or are already dead?

To extrapolate and build upon a core concept, you have to understand that concept, and while Bumblebee was a step in the right direction it was no means an indication the people at Paramount actually truly understood the core principles of the franchise, which again boils down to 'alien civil war on human turf, under human noses'. And it seems they're upping the ante far too much with ROTB and including time travel and beasts and Terrorcons, without the foundation that this is all supposed to be framed in having been firmly established yet.

• Like Like x 5
  7. AleximusPrimus

AleximusPrimus Well-Known Member

Well i was going to say if its fake or not because i talked with my source but of course people are going to say : Trust me bro :D 
    Thats why i have been absent and not talking because well ik not many of you would act

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know why, but I now have it in my head that the character will literally be called "Beast Wars Megatron" in the movie. Like, in dialogue other characters will refer to him by those full three words.

Primal: "End of the line, Beast Wars Megatron! Your evil plans have gone far enough!"

• Like Like x 10
  9. decepticon seeker

decepticon seeker Sixshot

They will explain it in the animated movie why they are fighting which is already in production and they can’t cancel it when it enters production.That will gasp the basics right probably.

What killed Bayverse was Michael bay himself who didn’t care about the story or anything.Age of extinction wasn’t complex.It had thin plot especially for a movie that runs for nearly 3 hours.It was more concerned for setting a sequel than making a good movie first.As for rise of the beasts like I said we don’t know anything about the plot and is by someone who cares.

10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And when Prime learns of Scourge's true identity: "Oh no, you were Michael Bay's Optimus Prime the entire time!"

• Like Like x 9
  11. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

Technically, it does. You see, the vacuum of space means heat radiates off very slowly, meaning that flying out in space would not freeze Megatron in his jet form. Space isn't "cold" in the same way the Arctic is - as well as this, Megatron landed in the freezing Arctic Ocean, which froze him quicker. Ain't no water in space. (Not a physicist, but think this is correct).

Seriously, people think they've found a plot hole when they bring this one up, when they really have not. It just exposes that they don't know a lot about physics.

Again, the likelihood of this is very, very slim. A lot of highly-anticipated movies have had absolutely ridiculous leaks through various sources - and pretty much all of them were entirely fake.

Case in point, there was a guy who claimed to have leaked the plot of Godzilla vs. Kong on 4chan... and got almost every single detail wrong (he got Rebecca Hall and Ezia Gonzalez's characters the wrong way round and was totally wrong on Lance Reddick's role, said Skull Island would be playing a big part when it didn't, stated a totally bogus reason as to how Kong got bigger...) . So... yeah, I wouldn't trust the 4chan "leaks" one bit.

Also, it sounds awfully reminiscent of the War for Cybertron: Kingdom cartoon - the "Scourge is TLK Prime from dark future of Unicron" reads like somebody who watched Kingdom on Netflix and put Galvatron's backstory into Scourge's (with a bit of Nemesis Prime thrown in).

I also think the mention of Terminator 2 implying that time travel will be involved is a red herring - Mr. Caple Jr likely mentioned it because it's a 90's action flick, which he's cited ROTB as taking a lot of inspiration from.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    No no no no no, that's not an excuse. You NEVER should need to consult something else outside of to gain context critical to understanding the basic plot in something that should stand on its own, because then that runs the risk of the audience never getting that missing piece of context.

In this case, it's even worse, because you're just flippantly acting like people don't even need to understand what the goals are of each side. This is a war, but how will it be determined who wins because obviously neither side is ever going to truly exterminate the other to the last man standing.

But this is besides the original point in that despite being the reason the Autobots are on Earth, albiet indirectly, the Decepticons haven't been mentioned more than once, and that was a PR fluff piece saying they were going to be in it. That means nothing because they could pop up for five seconds in an after-credits scene and the original statement would still be true.

And this is a problem because the actual Autobot/Decepticon conflict isn't even defined in basic terms yet. All this bullshit about beasts and Peru and whatever is going to run into the exact same problems that the bay films had by simply not having an established, set-in-stone foundation to build off of as opposed to being rectons on top of retcons. Beast Wars simply painted its plot as the Maximals chasing after a thief through time (accidently) and only later established that BW Megatron actually was following G1 Megatron's plan to kill G1 Optimus Prime and thus change the course of history in favor of the Decepticons. Armada was simply the two sides fighting over Mini-cons which led them to following them to Earth (where the minicons crash landed) and only after THAT was it then revealed the whole war was engineered by Unicron to feed off the very essence of war itself. In Prime, it's because Megatron throws a hissy fit at the senate not giving him a title of Prime (which didn't make any sense as the existence of the title went against what Megatron had been preaching up to that point) and decides to throw the planet into anarchy afterward like a bastard.

We don't even know who is leading the Decepticons in the Bumblebee continuity if it isn't Megatron. How can we be expected to want to see more of these new characters when the existing faction is just thrown by the wayside? That's why the lack of Decepticons already is cause for concern of where things are going.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura says 'he cares'.

Look at all the films with his name attached ever since he started working on films based on Hasbro properties.

Look at all the times he's been dead wrong.

You can't blame Bay for everything, it wasn't even his idea to make that stupid Writer's Room that ultimately would produce the material then haphazardly cobbled together to make TLK.

And the reason AoE's plot was thin was because it was trying to be complex. The whole point of The Creators and Lockdown was to try and spin some stupid-ass new direction for the history of Cybertronians or whatever in complete contradiction to what already existed in the films. All of the film was, in essence, a razzle-dazzle show to try and come off as looking like it had a multi-layered plot that expanded its scope beyond the war when really there was nothing behind its bluster.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Dude you said the same thing about Bumblebee

• Like Like x 12
  14. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow you're really trying hard huh andysurpreme99 isn't a source

15. Optimus Primal BW

News Credits:

man , you always start a very big discussion on the forum. I think it's the second time on the same subject and the same thing.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I would like they bring back wheelie and
    separate the bayverse image for a G1 look and your kid personality.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. XenoXX121

XenoXX121 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, turns out I won’t have another chance to get better pictures of the art after all. They were storyboards at the “Maximal Cave” set, but that’s been demolished. Unfortunately, I’m dumb and can’t access the pictures until I get home. In the meantime, here’s more of Primal:

14212811-22B1-4E53-A546-8431CBF9512A.jpeg

Edit: never mind, here they are:

A9D8FDA0-42A3-423A-A180-84E1625CAFEE.png 410F92E4-A5B1-46FE-8822-5BCC26E9B08B.png

Knock yourselves out speculating and trying to decipher what’s going on in these crappy pictures.

• Like Like x 25
  17. Optimus Primal BW

News Credits:

for a minute i thought it was an anteater , looks like primal is getting ready for some fight against this other creature

the third image looks like it's Araizor flying because I can see wings in this image

• Like Like x 2
  18. AStreetcarNamedWheeljack

AStreetcarNamedWheeljack Well-Known Member

It’s just an anteater, yesss…

• Like Like x 6
  19. Gokai Rod

Gokai Rod Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It looks like Primal is either showing his dominance, or he's preparing for a fight.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    I do love me a good in depth board discussion when it comes to the failings of the movies in a narrative sense, been that way for almost a decade now I reckon and probably won't be stopping anytime soon if ROTB proves Paramount still hires shitty writers.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.