Rise of the Beasts Expectations Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RazorX3000, Dec 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, Dreadbot was a Volkswagen Van too and he was ugly, showed up for 10 seconds, and died. They probably only care if it's a new or more recent vehicle that has promotional value.

• Like Like x 7
  2. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this is interesting.

6BA162AD-2F9B-4722-A100-B3C9576141CF.png

• Like Like x 5
  3. Lazlow007

Lazlow007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He denied it a few weeks ago when I asked.

upload_2023-3-11_20-38-29.png

Also this:

upload_2023-3-11_20-37-58.png

• Like Like x 10
  4. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cant casting be made much much later in production? I mean, wouldn’t it only take a day or two for him to record lines? I don’t think Cheetor has many lines for this film unfortunately. They could probably cast him in May and have his lines done before June even starts lol.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Chaos Studios

Chaos Studios Traditional Animator/Storyboard Artist

Crazy how wanting decent consistency in movie design and not wanting these characters to look like ugly jagged shit is apparently a bad thing now. Can you imagine if the sonic movie was released with that horrid abomination of a design? Wanting standards and demanding better from a billion dollar movie studio is NOT a bad thing twitter my lord.

• Like Like x 15
  6. Wreckneck

Wreckneck Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm that surprised given how full MPC's roster of projects is. Hearing the horror stories from people who have worked for the company makes me sad. It's impressive they haven't killed an employee by working too hard.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Pointless Plunderer

Pointless Plunderer Well-Known Member

I notice how they seemed to have been hiding Wheeljack in the marketing. I wonder why that could be?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  9. Dropkick89

Dropkick89 Hi, I like stuff

Wheres the marketing for the mainline core figures f49cf0342b806feb244c99ec71441574.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Jalen Gatton07

Jalen Gatton07 Adapt or Die Tonight

News Credits:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Soon. Hopefully once the gimmick toys come out they will, and full release of the studio series(studio series is what I'm looking forward to)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Zemah

Zemah ’Til all are one

News Credits:
    Precisely. Just as there are certain users on here (or people in general) who like to shit on the Bay movies and anything that takes even the slightest inspiration from them, there is the complete opposite side that calls you pathetic, toxic, and a man-child for not eating up everything these mega corporations produce :rolleyes: 

We as consumers are allowed to have and expect a certain standard. If you are someone that shuts down voices from being heard just so companies like Paramount can keep feeding us dogshit, then take a good look in the mirror because you are the problem, not the ones you are trying to shut down.

• Like Like x 13
  12. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

I don't like wheeljacks design but I feel like the discourse over stuff rotb just kills any fun of it, instead of "here's why I like/don't like this" it's instead a lot of the the time "shut up, this is why it's good/bad end of discussion" another example is the topic of whether it's a reboot where people just want to end the discussion asap in favor of their side.

• Like Like x 9
  13. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    Maybe they're aware on how the reception of it is negative and tried to hide it?

• Like Like x 5
  14. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious if they are still going for the Yolo Park Megatron design that is very G1 or a mix with Bayverse. Does anybody remember the Bumblebee movie tiny turbo changer toy that was released? Could his design by based on that? I haven't found any fan-art of that toy. Please let me know if anyone has found one.
    Tiny Turbo Changers Series 5 Stock Images-01.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  15. Prime1986

Prime1986 Autobot

Tbh yeah. I'm just happy to see a VW Bus on screen as a transformer for more than 5 seconds. I personally didn't mind it. Wasn't the end of the world. Judging from the very little we have seen (the children deluxe and blurry Jada toys box art) I'd think he's going to be a comedy relief character anyways. The jada box art looks like the parts are all loose and movable I guess kinda like the typical nerd dropping stuff. Once again it is a different universe than G1. Just as a reminder his Cybertronian alt mode was more of a van than a race car anyways.

• Like Like x 3
  16. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    The rumored BB movie SS megatron will probably be based on this.

• Like Like x 5
  17. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

Yeah I definitely prefer the van cuz I feel like it fits the character better, while the head was probably changed for the same reason I feel like it looks kinda bland for me, this fanart is a good example of why I feel it'd be better with his classic head FlAk_6jXkAc9IIE.jpg_large.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  18. Steampunk13

Steampunk13 Scale Charts and PNGs

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    That’s actually a funny swap. G1 Wheeljack had a Cybertronian van alt and switched to an Earth racecar while Knightverse Wheeljack started out as a Cybertronian racecar and switched to an Earth van. I love it.

• Like Like x 4
  19. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    This actually captures his personality really good tbh, there's the google to identify him as the scientist kind, and the bomb to identify him as not the nerdy scientist (like ugh, what we got shown so far) but the mad scientist who would blow up his lab 10 days a week if time allows it.

• Like Like x 7
  20. GokaigerSamurai7

GokaigerSamurai7 Banned

News Credits:
    I mean while TLK had a very negative reception, the character Dreadbot wasn't massively hated on unlike Wheeljack.
    Sure, the character Dreadbot was criticised for being a lazy reuse of Crowbar's CGI model, but in general he wasn't negatively reacted to by members of the fandom, and there's no massive "outrage" over him all over social media unlike Wheeljack here.

Also Dreadbot isn't seen transforming in the film, we only know that he's the van because we know about the alternate modes of the other characters already.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.