Rise of the Beasts Expectations Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RazorX3000, Dec 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    Yeah, imagine that…
    upload_2023-2-3_20-5-49.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    To be fair, those guys were already well established characters in the show, which was running before the movie. So they actually had a lot of screen time before their deaths.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Dropkick89

Dropkick89 Hi, I like stuff

No freezer? 20230203_182020.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    True, but I’d argue it’s almost worse that they’re the same guys that you grow to know in the cartoon, as well. Taking those exact characters and then making their sole purpose in the film be dying for little rhyme or reason is honestly more of a disservice than a separate continuity doing a similar thing, because at least with the latter it’s not that specific iteration being unceremoniously killed. At the end of the day I would prefer if neither happen, because both scenarios kind of stink.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    For someone who is resentful of human, he seems awfully chill to ask for a human's help (I know, it's Mirage who kidnap him, it's just...)

Edit: Just read it through and wow, the plot *does* sounds bad.

Optimus who is resentful of human seems chill of kidnapping and asking for human help (and Noah seems to be just fine with it).

Scourge and others somehow make it faster to the Autobots despite not knowing the landscape of earth (and probably had to rely on google maps or local maps, it's ye olde time after all) than the Autobots who had the help of "Local" (Noah).

Bee's dying and recovering just in time with... nothing? It literally just to put him out of screen so Mirage can be "the new kid's friend".

How the F that Elena or the local know the Volcano is called "Cybertronian Bridge"? It's not a human word, and Bumblebee suggest that it's the first time any of the bots appeared on earth. Will this connect back to the Bayverse?

If it does because it want to connect back to Bayverse, it's funny that the Maximals are like "We homie now we will help you protect earth" and nowhere to be seen... during the first five movies.

And then they were like "we not bad guys bro" while appearing and attacking them? lmao.

A speculation indeed, but howdy, it does sound as bad as PabloWJ's face.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pointless Plunderer

Pointless Plunderer Well-Known Member

Yeah I take issue with that especially with the Decepticons. Its almost this dumb logic of "Oh there the bad guys so I guess they all have to die at the end." So in the Byaverse I don't connect with any of the villains because not only are they basically monsters with no personality but they also just die anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  7. 20thc3nturybl003s

20thc3nturybl003s Behold, my profile... of DOOM!

I agree, it'd make much more sense just to kill off generics than it would be to be kill off established characters who are suddenly introduced without giving us any insights into their character or at least build up to a more... satisfactory death? Hey, it'd be better than being killed off right after being introduced to audiences. Plus, simply killing off generics would still be enough to show how much of a threat Scourge could be.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JayEm

JayEm マキシマルだよ

Honestly, I’d love it if we got to see Rodimus take up the Prime mantle in live action. Also making Bumblebee a team leader (not necessarily a Prime) could be a fun idea. He’d need to talk again though.

If Megatron appears in this new trilogy at all, I’d want it to be Beast Wars Megatron. Otherwise, I’d stick with other TFs getting the main villain spotlight like Scourge in ROTB or Lockdown in AOE.

• Like Like x 4
  9. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

Yes there is, but probably a generic soldier.
    Samlock confirmed that he's in the movie but has no altmode.

The Maximals are from both the past and future so it's likely they were on Earth during the time of Incas. Hence the locals would know about Cybertronians, but as generations pass by many either forgot or considered Cybertronians to be a legend over time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pointless Plunderer

I completely agree I say don't kill off name characters unless your going to give them a proper sendoff. Or if you are going to kill them for shock value at least do it like Nick Roche did in LSOTW and do it well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Meanwhile for me I’d love to see them bring in Megatron because it might mean we, for once, would have a villian survive. Idk kinda annoying to keep seeing cool villains pop up just to get viciously murdered by Optimus.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Pointless Plunderer

I would like to see some new villains eventually but after they have done Megatron right. I've been hoping for Thunderwing for a long time even though I know its most likely not happening.

• Like Like x 2
  13. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

In the trailer Bumblebee is killed by Scourge (though rumours suggest he's not killed, he's just in a coma from the attack). Scourge adds the faction badge onto his grille too, Bumblebee's badge is the shiniest one as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

There was a bot that looked like Thunderwing in the concept art for a now scrapped film called "Operation Skyfire". That bot would've turned into a military WWII plane.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    The Maximal doesn't even being told that they interact with old humans, yet alone to let them know "Hey dude this is called Cybertronian Bridge, no touchy touchy okay?". Or even, understanding the language of Incas, considering there's no universal translator at that time.

Like literally, the (speculative) plot posted was just Maximal going monkey (heh) and then told the Bots "We're not enemy" and proceed to lore dump.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dropkick89

Dropkick89 Hi, I like stuff

10/10 character development

• Like Like x 2
  17. KiraAthrunAsuka

KiraAthrunAsuka Banned

More character development than Velma.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SexyPrime

SexyPrime Being Sexy !

C1259EFD-CC39-4834-8FE3-1C99310A6481.jpeg 086D17FD-CC53-4243-86D5-5F71734A2CA1.jpeg 1BDD2CEB-568E-4EF2-B5B9-08FD37612C29.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  19. SexyPrime

SexyPrime Being Sexy !

• Like Like x 2
  20. SexyPrime

SexyPrime Being Sexy !

Also there’s our first look at rihnox

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.