Ripoffs Anonymous

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by ectoneon, Jan 1, 2010.

1. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. I couldn't believe some of those opticals were done in the fifties. The only little niggling effects thing that I noticed was the wires holding the ships in some scenes. But that is very minor compared to how I thought it would be. This was an awesome film! I was so sucked into it by the time you got the first glimpse of the martian, I actually jumped. A movie hasn't been able to jar me like that in a long time, so that's saying a lot! I have re-watched it like four times this past week.

Sorry again about the size on that last one. I did not intend that. I Should of payed more attention when I was uploading them. Finally back home so it's all fixed now! yay for proper size! I use my cell as a modem for my internet, so depending on how many bars I have, I either get really good internet, or really bad internet. Just wouldn't co-operate the other day.
    As to other movies I plan to spoof, Definitely the rest of the terminator films in some form or another. After that I have some vague ideas for a humorous way to mock Aliens, and with it of course, Predator. But thats kinda off in the future after the main bulk of this story is done. And of course, look for the random one shots, from other films sprinkled in as I think of them.
    Off to start tongihts update now. I picked up a few new toys that will work for this comic nicely, hopefully I'll have em done by the end of tonight. Thanks again everyone!

2. ectoneon

Okay got it done-Enjoy everybody!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Thunder_Cracker

Thunder_Cracker Friendship is Evil!!

:lol :lol  xD

Nice use of the Megazord sequence! Brought back a whoooole lot of memories and the sad event that I didn't get that toy >.>

4. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

You got a Tallgeese figure or model? :)  (or a Leo?)

Anyways, damn! Prime sure... at least made somethin' easier after provin' he's a dick and less than mature and now he's also irredeemably irresponsible! :D 

:lol  at Red Alert's mom comin' in and what she was... :D 

5. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

BLUDGEON!!! lucky!

6. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

Heeheehee! Kick the Allspark, get the mushroom, grow to giant size (with the deedle-deedle-dee sound, no doubt), then Jetix back to the future...I don't know how you do it, but somehow this mixed-up thing manages to work so well...

Prime's rather shocked eye-popped reaction at whatever it is those dinos are doing is completely understandable. :D 

The toolbox transmogrifier is nifty, too. I like the mixed hardware used for the supply conduit. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  7. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol 

nice megazord transformation

8. ectoneon

Yeah I just found Megazord yesterday. Been looking for months. Had to pass on recon Ironhide to get him due to cashflow. But I figured I'll see recon Ironhide again, those new megazords are hard to find. I had the original when I was a kid, but ironically traded it away for some beast wars figures back when I got back into Tfs. I had alot more panels for the Megazord sequence, but I had to cut it or I would have never gotton the update done on time! That one panel of the dinosaur coin was a cheat-I made that like two years ago. But it was perfect so i threw it in.

I have tallgese 1-3 And a couple multiples-all the figures tho. I suck at model making and especially painting, so when the gundam craze hit, it was all figures for me. I have a ton of gundam figures. And alot of multiples-so I'm pretty much set when it comes to extra weapons! I only haven't thrown em in the comic yet cuz the old Gundam box is a mess and all the figures have so many little pieces. I'll put it this way-it took me an hour to find all the peices and re-assemble a complete wing zero figure. The Gundams already in the comic were chosen just because they just happened to still be in one piece!
    That was funny at the walmart I found him at-they had a solid wall-like 8 demolishors, and one random bludgeon. Of course, after I bought him, I saw three more at different stores. I must confese alterior motives all along. I always wanted Biff to be bludgeon-but didn't have him when it was time so I used unicron as Biff as a placeholder.
    The mushroom thing was a spur of the moment thing. That mushroom came with candy in it. And was just sitting on the desk. I saw it and was like perfect! The plot really didn't come to me until after I introuduced Mcfly. Just flyin by the seat of my pants here. I never know exactly whats gonna happen till I start taking pictures. And the last bit-I wanted to have it look like the beast wars timestorm, but I was just too tired last night to figure out how, so I went with an easy effect.

Yeah it kinda boxes me in tho now. He's gigantic, and only has like 2 poses he can do, so He'll prolly have to be used sparingly from now on.

9. ectoneon

Here's today's episode. Nothing really major.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

Brilliantly funny story.

11. maharg83

maharg83 new and improved reissue

Loving this! keep up the great work

12. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

:lol 

Of course it's heavy, Martymus. It's die-cast. :D 

Gosh, look at junkyard Ratchet. That's hilarious. :D  Nice photoshop of Defensor-on-ice, too.

13. ectoneon

Thank you!

Ha -I didn't even think of that when I wrote it!
    Heres tonight installment. Nothing major just some randomness. enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Master_Maximus

Master_Maximus Unicron's Headmaster

I'm still on the fence on the new version of the original Megazord, but good to see they kept the tank mode, couldn't tell from the boxes.

15. ectoneon

Tank mode kinda sucks on the new one. They removed the wheels as a cost saving measure, so it just kinda chills there. Also, the Mastadon legs are hollowed out so the gaping holes show in tank mode. If you have an original, don't bother, but if you don't I'd still say its worth it for nostalgia. Twenty bucks for a Megazord ain't bad. I hadn't bought one since they were going for forty back in the day.

16. Master_Maximus

Master_Maximus Unicron's Headmaster

Thanks for the warning, I'll stick with my original. I really gotta start buying my Zords from Japan. Ever since Operation Overdrive the American versions have been pretty poor shadows of their Sentai counterparts. (Plus WolKaiser never even getting an American release.)

17. ectoneon

Yeah if you have an original-stick with it! Another thing I forgot to mention is the topside of the pterodactyl, one, the new on its all gray with absolutely no detailing at all. The seperete zords on the whole I think are inferior. Also-alot of the detail stickers were not there (tyrannosaurus tail details, megazord thighs details, and a few more) I should have never got rid of my originals. Also, megazord has pretty much the same articulation as the old school one. The only added articulation is useless-because of the new docking joints on the tyrannosaurs knees, megazord has backwards knee joints. Even with all that tho, This is a godsend for those who don't have the means to get an original. I still have a near complete thunder megazord, only missing the staff weapon and sword holder. So I'm glad I managed to keep that. And yeah, I'd heard more recent American zord releases pretty much sucked. I hadn't bought any zords since dino thunder-the newer mecha just wern't doing it for me anymore.

18. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lolol 

prime group looks awesome!

19. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

:lolol  I am amazed at Prime's subtleness...

20. ectoneon

Here's today's- just a little bit of everyone here. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]