RIP Derrick J Wyatt

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Onilink

Onilink That's my secret, captain, my head always hurts

News Credits:
    What

2. Destron Supreme

Destron Supreme My Gee-Wun is the One with the Chins.

YouTube (Legacy):
    We lost one of the good ones. Animated was what first got me into Transformers as a kid, and it\'s still my favorite cartoon and toy line from the franchise. I owe Derrick J Wyatt a great deal of gratitude. May he Rest In Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier4

Frontier4 Well-Known Member

This really hurts. Mr. Wyatt was involved in so many of my favorite cartoons growing up and had such strong design sense and ties to the fandom.

I remember when so many people (including myself) were skeptical about Animated because of the designs and approach only to be won over by the style, characters, and how much love for the franchise went into it, and a lot of that came from Derrick J. wyatt.

RIP Mr. Wyatt. Thank you for all you have contributed as an artist and as a creator.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Holy cow, that's amazing! :eek: 

(Man, it’s probably a pipe dream, but I really wouldn’t say no to reissues of Animated toys. Or maybe Animated entries for Studio Series or Legacy. Man, I just want some Animated acknowledgment in the future. For Derrick.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear that, he'd post sketches and other things on his blog and always seemed willing to interact with fans.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

This one really hits. Animated was one of the best ever Transformers cartoons, period.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Wow damn that's hell to hear. Animated is probably my favorite tf cartoon. Time for a rewatch marathon in his memory.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    :eek:  rest in piece :( 

9. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man he was barely in his 50s. Wonder what happened, but regardless, may he rest in peace and best wishes for the family and friends,

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

This is devastating. Animated was my true introduction to the franchise, and remains my favorite animated TF series ever. I'm not sure we'll ever get anything like it again. RIP.

11. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, man.

RIP, Derrick, and my heartfelt thanks for everything. You helped create a series that had me hooked from the very first episode, despite myself, and changed my view of Transformers forever. You were even gracious enough to take the time out to keep in touch with us fans, answering our questions, even as you worked on one of the greatest Transformers series ever. And of course, there was also your work on Ben 10.

I always thought you'd deserved more recognition than you got.

Thank you, and RIP, our friend.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

I am so sad to hear this. He was one of my favorite people working behind the scenes on Transformers and I cant believe he's gone this soon. Rest in peace Mr. Wyatt, and thank you for everything you've contributed.

13. Death Dancaa

Death Dancaa Rocknrollicon

I wasn\'t ready for that. RIP Derrick J. Wyatt you helped bring some of my favorite cartoons to the world and your style and imagination will be missed forever.

14. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    "He lived a warrior... and died a hero. Let his spark join the Matrix, the greatest of Cybertron." (c) BW Optimus Primal. Episode - Code of Hero.

Zwli6GP2B0k.jpg

P.S And our voice actor Andrey Yaroslavtsev died here. Who voiced bayformer, WFC (video game) and knightverse Optimus Prime.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Oh god no! Not Derrick! What an absolute legend he was. Animated was so great. It got me back into the world of transformers after years away. I loved that show so much. His love for transformers was so obvious, animated must of been a dream job for him. And he seemed like such a nice guy. He even followed me back on social media.

• Like Like x 1
  16. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

Terrible news! My thoughts, and prayers to his family, and friends. His artwork on Animated was legendary, and played a big part in pulling me back into this hobby, his work will always have a very special place in my heart. Rest in Peace.

• Like Like x 1
  17. JT-bob

JT-bob Autobum

Ebay:
    Oh that's so sad, he was 49, gone way too soon. I hope he knew how much love the Transformers community had for his efforts on TF:A, he certainly put his love of the franchise into it.

That was the first line since G1 where I had dragged my feet and ended up coming in late, picking up so much of it thanks to the melding of art, storytelling, and execution in plastic, I'm grateful to have had Derrick's efforts driving such a fantastic celebration of the franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  18. martin entero shoro

martin entero shoro ES Twitch enthusiast

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    kinda sad that now, all the guys responsible for giving me all the joy possible are gone. thanks derrick, for giving us the greatest transformers animated series that we will ever see.
    and no, beast wars or tfp dont come remotely close to the awesomeness of TFA. animated wad the whole reason im part of this fandom in the first place. i always loved seeing him posting new characters or parts of his collection. the world will miss u, goat.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    My daughter and I adored Transformers: Animated and would often revisit the series many times, so this is a pretty big shock to hear.

Very saddened to hear about Wyatt's passing. Thank you for being part of the Transformers mythos, and may you rest in peace. 'Til all are one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. martin entero shoro

martin entero shoro ES Twitch enthusiast

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    kinda sad that now, all the guys responsible for giving me all the joy possible are gone. thanks derrick, for giving us the greatest transformers animated series that we will ever see.
    and no, beast wars or tfp dont come remotely close to the awesomeness of TFA. animated wad the whole reason im part of this fandom in the first place. i always loved seeing him posting new characters or parts of his collection. the world will miss u, goat.