RIDForever.info Discussion Thread - All Things RID in Here!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 15, 2011.

1. DKCA

DKCA Active Member

First of all, I have enjoyed reading all of these posts looking back on the toys and show.

I was also an ATTer back in the day (I was mostly a lurker, much like on here) and like many others, the Car Robots toys got me back into Transformers. I was a GeeWuner for sure; I remember getting the CR Car Brothers imported from Image Anime because they looked like they would scale in OK with my old G1 toys. I remember Speedbreaker/Side Burn having the most complex transformation I had experienced at the time (and essentially had the G1 Blue Bluestreak color scheme I always wanted). Mach Alert/Prowl was just cool and a great update of the G1 Lamborghini Transformers, and Wildride/X-Brawn was something new, bigger, and was awesome as well. And of course, eventually, the USA got the toys and the show! It was fun being old enough to be able to buy the toys myself without asking Mom and Dad like in the G1 days, LOL. Someone earlier posted about the corny humor in the show...my young kids absolutely love it! Would totally buy the series if it was ever released on discs. Oh, and @Tony_Bacala, I did not know about the RIDForever website before today. Fantastic job consolidating a lot of great pictures and information within collections of webpages. I had a great time looking it over. Thanks to all for the memories!

• Like Like x 2
  2. MrSoundwave64Z

MrSoundwave64Z Well-Known Member

I was actually rearranging my RID 2001 collection last night ironically enough.

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Time flies too fast. Hard to believe it's been 20 years. I vividly remember watching the 1st episode. Probably because of what happened days later. I had bought all the toys I could find a few days prior and was opening them while watching.

RID, like many, is what brought me back to Transformers full swing. It brought me to this website & BBTS too. I have been actively collecting since with basically no breaks. A few lulls during movie time because I got bay burnout. LOL.

I have the show on burned dvds that I downloaded years ago. They are not bad quality either. I still enjoy watching this show and I still display all the toys because, let's face it, they are still the bomb! :) 

• Like Like x 2
  4. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    I was 19 when this show came out. I was a lapsed childhood fan who got into collecting because my sister got me RiD Sideburn. I now have a room devoted to them in my house.

Would also love an official DVD set of this.show.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrSoundwave64Z

MrSoundwave64Z Well-Known Member

How many figures do you have?

6. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    I almost forgot to post a pic! FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I am so glad I have the Super Car Brothers in the good old Takara flavor. Got these figures last year.

Sin título-1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  7. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

20 years already? Strange... feels like only half that time has passed...

8. Ricardo Dawkins

Ricardo Dawkins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Larga Vida a RID 2001

Long & Strong Life to Robots In Disguise 2001 !

9. RacerCheetor

RacerCheetor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly, is an honorary member of the Beast Era, the molds that were used from BW Transmetals had better color palettes and Megatron/Galvatron/Gigatron, their design and engineering was still based on Beast Wars.

From that line I only have Slapper and Sky-Byte.

It was the last series to watch before I retired from the TF fandom, until my return on Beast Hunters.

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Too many to count honestly. I have something from almost every line since 2001. Plus g1, beast wars and beast machines.

I did loose some in 2012 from flooding from hurricane Sandy. We had recently relocated to living on the Chesapeake Bay about 5 months before it hit here and flooded out our house.

• Like Like x 1
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Fun fact. If he were released now with "ages 15+", there would be no drop test required.
    SUMMARY OF PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL TEST REQUIREMENTS OF MAJOR TOY SAFETY STANDARDS (stc.group)

12. Capperclawed

Capperclawed ~~ Head-ON! ~~

We love a bit of RID! RID Ultra Magnus holds a spot on my main desk at home, easily a top 5 in my collection. Happy b-day you goofy ass show!

Magnus Tax: Login • Instagram

• Like Like x 1
  13. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    For RID01’s 20th anniversary I want 2 things: 1, an actual US DVD release of the show. And 2, Titans Return Fortress Maximus repainted in RID01 Fort Max (Brave Maximus) colors

2453D28D-6853-4EFC-B403-B8501CE3340A.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. robot1point0

robot1point0 Well-Known Member

I think this is a good time of any to ask but does anybody know how I can watch RID2001/car robots?

15. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

TF-RID.
    The return of a Countach Transformer + Finally a Dodge Viper Transformer + A Mercedes Transformer. (Real Cars!!!)
    Then there was the Trains that combined. I was not aware of the Headmaster Series so this was a win for me.
    I also was not aware of Fort Max. Megatron had 6 modes, I can give Optimus \"the finger\".
    The worst thing was now it was the start of someone I could hate more than Daniel, and I forgot about his level of annoyance.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mugenlazlo

Mugenlazlo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    CUTTER BEAM!

• Like Like x 1
  17. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Even if they do have the money to do it, the fact that they haven't lifted a finger to reacquire the rights in 20 years shows how little they care. Plus they didn't do anything for its 5th, 10th, or 15th anniversaries so why start now? Apparently, we might get one RID figure in the next line and that's about it, one every eight years.

I hadn't heard anything about them being low on cash though that's surprising.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Gzstg

Gzstg Well-Known Member

20 years? nice congratulations RID2001! my second favorite series. hopefully they do something about it. A new prime or 6 changer megatron would do it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. A Good Noodle

A Good Noodle “We’re werewolves, not swear-wolves”

I hope 3rd party companies make some MP RID figures. Since Hasbro won't be making them anytime soon.

20. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We've gotten a whole 1 so far.
    [​IMG]

Maybe if MMC finally make up their minds we may even get 6/7 ooh.
    Never.png

• Like Like x 5