RIDForever.info Discussion Thread - All Things RID in Here!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

IMG_20180108_195433_799.jpg
    "HELLO COMRADE"
    "...this fuckin'guy.."

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Light-piping is a feature I wish more figures had.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. blazemongr

blazemongr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's damaged? I have one with a missing door which is otherwise in good condition.

4. Jetbolt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Quick picture before daylight went away:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  5. J4 Midnight Express

J4 Midnight Express Active Member

Hello!
    I was just noodling about on the TF Source website when I noticed they're selling a Masterpiece edition of Black Convoy, the villainous cab-over who featured so prominently in Car Robots, for $129.99 each. (He was renamed Scourge in the English-language overdub, Robots In Disguise.)
    Could Masterpiece Black Convoy, a.k.a. MP-10B, be added to my favourite Transformers website, RID Forever? Or is this Optimus repaint too much of an afterthought to truly belong on the site?
    Please let me know what you think!
    Transform & Roll-Out!

6. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I personally haven't considered black repaints of Optimus Prime other than G2 Laser Prime-esque as RID's Black Convoy / Scourge. Anything with Nemesis Prime = no. And then the few in Japan that call a standard Prime black repaint Black Convoy - also no.

Black Convoy / Scourge is a separate character unique beyond the general branding for black Prime repaints, IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  7. J4 Midnight Express

I did wonder about that when I noticed that the figure hadn't even been given his own Masterpiece number, just Optimus Prime's number with a letter "B" tagged onto the end!
    :confused: 

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. J4 Midnight Express

I wish there were someplace where we could get factory-spec spare parts for our Transformers. Ironically, my G1s with rubber tyres are all still intact! It's the (relatively) newer ones that are struggling.
    :confused: 

• Like Like x 2
  9. MechaGino

MechaGino New Member

So rather interesting news today that’s kind of related to RID.

So Hasbro has or is in the process of buying all of Saban. So Power Rangers and all that stuff.

Anyway some people are saying because of this, Hasbro might of regained RID as Saban did RID.

Now I was always under the impression that Disney has RID when they bought Saban in 2001 and still has it even when they sold Saban back to... well Saban.

So.... do they still own it or will RID FINALLY go back to Hasbro and FINALLY get a region 1 dvd release?

• Like Like x 2
  10. LockdownW1984

LockdownW1984 New Member

Hi guys i got a idea about one character from Transformers Prime series it's Arcee after finising series we got RID but what happen with prime characters it's not explained so i want make CGI fan movie long 15, or 20 minutes about Arcees Origins so movie will be called Transformers Prime
    Arcee Origins.

I need Concept Artist and maybe 3d modeler so this is position i looking.

I made quick poster.

Attached Files:

11. J4 Midnight Express

Thanks for the update! Anything that makes RID - 2001 current again is good news, in my opinion!

Although I have the whole series and the two clip-show-Movies on *Region 2 DVD, I believe there are still good reasons to buy it again on Region 1. Firstly, our purchases would show Hasbro that RID - 2001 is a brand that we still support. Secondly, Hasbro might (I say again; MIGHT!) support such a DVD launch with the release of some special commemorative edition RID / Car Robots action figures & merchandise. Thirdly, surely having Habro involved in such a DVD release would pretty much guarantee loads of featurettes & special DVD content! And finally, it would be nice to have the option of switching between the Japanese and English language versions of the show. (Remember that in Japan Car Robots is now considered to be part of G1, so from their perspective all the name-changes make perfect sense.)

Say..., any idea if the Saban sale will allow for the release of a soundtrack CD for RID / Car Robots too? Of course, I love the 1980s-inspired US theme tune most of all, but it would be cool to have the Japanese theme music as well!

:D  *(see Tony's epic RIDForever website for details!)

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  12. J4 Midnight Express

It looks like a good idea! However, I think you might be talking about a different show to the one we're talking about. If you go on the IMDB website and type in the exact phrase Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2000) you will find our show, but I believe your show is Transformers: Robots In Disguise (2014) . Nevertheless, good luck with your project anyway! Come back sometime and tell us how it's going! :) 

13. J4 Midnight Express

As I mentioned earlier, I have the two clip-show-Movies that were released in Europe, but for fans living elsewhere in the World, would you consider making these two films available as well? I just select "English" and press play! And since Takara incorporated Car Robots into G1, I like to watch them and the 1986 movie as a trilogy; Transformers - The Film, Transformers - The Final Chapter, and Transformers - The Movie! That's just my preference, other preferences are available. ;) 

:D 

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  14. J4 Midnight Express

Give it time. Magnus will eventually become awesome... once he gets over himself. And the OOP-Arts? All will be revealed! ;) 

15. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I haven't been here in forever and I just came in looking for news on a RiD DVD release. I hope it happens. Would really make me super happy and reignite my love for Transformers in general.

16. J4 Midnight Express

Do any of you know if there's someone specific at Hasbro that we could simply ask about the possibility of a Car Robots / RID 2001 DVD release? Sometimes the direct approach yields the best results!

17. J4 Midnight Express

Even after all this time, it's still possible to find something new in this series!

Recently watching all of the episodes and films again, I noticed a couple of things which (despite my love of the series!) I simply hadn't spotted before.

Firstly, I realised that each member of the Build Team has a "helmet" (ie. the exterior of each robot's head except for their faces) that looks like a scaled-down crane or digger. Hightower and Heavy Load even have offset operator's cabins on the side of their heads, and Wedge has bulldozer scoops framing his chin! Similarly, Team Bullet-Train's constituents (including my beloved Midnight) each have helmets that look like locomotives.

The other thing that I noticed also involves the Build Team again. When they combine to form Landfill, Wedge is always the core of the giant robot, but the others are interchangeable, taking turns being the arms or each of the legs, depending on the mission requirements and whose weapons are needed! Is this an example of "Scramble Power"?

Anyway, I'm glad that there are treasures still to be discovered in this wonderful series. If you feel spurred-on to revisit it, you too might see what I've noticed. Even better, you might find hidden treasures of your own! If you do, let us know!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jetbolt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Had some fun taking pictures of these three.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  19. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
  20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Love these guys, evil but lovable. Lol

• Like Like x 1