Rider Kick Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Hate-triot, Oct 2, 2008.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    You mean black, silver and gold? Dark Decade, like in the photo above your post?

2. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

More Showa pride. :D  I recently watched a little fandub clip and I like the idea of Super-1 from what I saw.

Proportions are a lil off because it's rushed. And I was trying a (failed) angled shot where he's leaping from a height of some sort. Still, I liked drawing it.

Ignore the image on the right - I added it for comparison sake elsewhere. I figure people HERE know what he looks like. XD

EDIT: As a followup to my previously mentioned purchases, I got a pair of commissions to do which has lead me to being able to buy Souchaku Henshin Hibiki. :D  So I got two SH and a Motion Revive for around 40 bucks. Sometimes it pays to be OCD about finding cheaper prices...

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Well, I've officially run out of fansubbed Kamen Rider. Watched the most recent episode of Kuuga yesterday. I hope SCS starts up again soon, I'm really liking their work on this show. The fact that it's been over a month since they were supposed to end their already incredibly long holiday break has me kinda worried, though.

I've given up on the HK subs of Black RX. Partially because they're crap and partially because it's really hard for me to get into RX. I like the suit and the action and all, but man, did they get Minami Kotaro wrong. I knew it was lighter-hearted, but Kotaro almost feels like a totally different character - and not in a good way. I'll wait for a decent sub and try again.

So, with no new material aside from the weekly Double episode, I'm going back to my first Rider series: Agito. It's been awhile since I've seen it, but since I started watching Kuuga I've really wanted to see Agito again. The two shows have a kind of similar flavor, after all. It's really fun seeing Hikawa, Shouichi, and Ryou again. Holy crap, Naomi... er, Mana-chan looks so young, though. I'm not going to be hurrying through the show as fast this time, so hopefully I'll still be on it when the new and reissued Agito Figuarts start coming out in April and May.

4. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    The same thing happened to Power Rangers. Not sure when they stopped dubbing them.

5. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

Medicom Kamen Rider Decade review

Hi again all! Back with another update! This time, a look at the 12 inch version of the destroyer himself - DE-DE-DE-DECADE!

[​IMG]

6. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

7. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Sweet, Accel SHF.

So's it confirmed that N-Daguba-Zeva is a exclusive? Damn.

8. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally something more on Accel after seeing him at Wonderfest(I think that's what it was called). Hopefully we can get a release date soon. BTW, where are those stands that CJ and LT are on from? I remember seeing a scan earlier about them but I can't recall any details.

9. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Wonderfest was around the same time, but Daguba and the other awesome Figuarts stuff was during the Tamashii Features event.

Those stands are an upcoming retail release, Tamashii Stage Act W. You only get the stands and swappable faceplates, Gaia Memories sold separately (candy, gashapon, and DX all work). A button on the stand activates the memory. No release date or price yet.

10. Thelbert

Thelbert Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta say, I hated Accel when he first showed up, but I'm liking the guy now. Just as some of you said I would! AAGH!

Anyways, That Accel looks great. I wanna get a figure of him, but part of me wants to hold out for a Figuart...

11. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Dammit...Now I'm gonna need some Gaia Memories...

Oh, does anyone have the SHF Double Heat set? Been looking for that...

12. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    If you mean Heat Metal, it just came out. If you mean the Heat set with Heat Joker and Heat Trigger, it's not out yet.

13. SearchmanDS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think one of the best parts of Ryuu/Accel is unlike other Rider shows(well, at least the ones I've seen), he isn't a dick, prick, or any other reproductive area related term that can be used to describe a jackass. Well, he was a bit of a jerk when he first appeared, but that was when he thought the case was personal, and before he realized he needed Shotaro to balance him out. I particularly loved the Liar Dopant episodes because you could really see actual teamwork between Accel and Double. Especially when Accel was in Liar's face taking swings at him while Double kept back with LunaTrigger to provide supporting fire so Liar couldn't use his ability. And then there was the next episodes where Double rode Accel. Unfortunately sexual implications aside, it was actually cool to see Ryuu save Shotaro from going splat, and then their improvised teamwork led to probably one of the most awesome finishes to a fight in the series yet.

14. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Ah. The reason was that the only place I've seen that sold them were AmiAmi, which is sold out on pre-orders...Any other place I could pre-order them?

15. SearchmanDS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, right. I wanted to say Wonderfest because all the news came out at almost the same time. As for the Gaia Memories, are the DX ones the only ones that have speaker feature?

16. Thelbert

Thelbert Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sigh.....I didn't even think about any sexual implications when Double Rides Accel in bike form. GEE THANKS!
    :banghead:  :cry 

17. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The gashapon Gaia Memories might not have speakers because they're split in half in the ball. I don't know because most people don't talk about them.

But both the candy toys and DX Memories have speakers guaranteed. It's lights that get gutted from the candy toys.

18. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    New rumor involving Kamen Rider's next series. Toku Insider: Kamen Rider Regulus? (Possibly the new Kamen Rider Series)

Double likes to sit on top of Accel and make him go faster while he gets out his Metal Shaft and extends it.

19. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Regulus eh? The name alone sounds interesting.

20. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Thanks for this. Ironically, I feel the exact opposite you do about Decade in regards to the story, acting, etc. Perhaps because it was my first Rider series. However, the irony lies in that I won't be getting this figure, and it's not due to the price. Something about it doesn't make it worth it to me.

Thanks for the review though!