Rider Kick Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Hate-triot, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:

How did you end up ordering two?

3. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

HLJ Preorder + AmiAmi Preorder = Double Double

Also got Grande from Ultra Galaxy. Shiny helmet, but I really wish he was unmasked.

4. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Yes, unfortunately. DX

5. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Maybe if I'm nice, HLJ will actually send me a Heat Metal and Luna Trigger...

Oh, and Malunis, I'm liking Rod Form in your style a lot!

6. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Then the next one will make you cry! http://malunis.deviantart.com/art/Kamen-Rider-Den-O-Sim-157497318

Sorry for the semi-spam of this Flash thing. XD

EDIT: DOOONE, finally.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    So I got bored tonight and, um... so I watched some of the first two episodes of Saban's Masked Rider. :confused2 

I remembered it was bad, but I had forgotten just how incredibly bad it was. The script is awful, the acting is terrible, and how on Earth did anyone think that Ferbus was a good idea? Or that it needed so much screentime? What really gets me is that it even failed at being dubbed Black RX footage. The first fight in the show is against Doras from Kamen Rider ZO, and it consists of footage of Doras and ZO fighting, with the Black RX suit pasted in for reaction shots. I couldn't finish watching it tonight and I have no idea how anyone could when it first aired.

Also, I think the Ridron was hitting on Dex. That's just plain not right.

8. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I guess they thought Ferbus could draw in more girl viewers.

9. TheInformation

TheInformation The ghost of an automaton

Speaking of Double Figuarts;
    or rather, TRIPLE in this case...

Because of my impatience, and forgetfulness, I have a spare Agito Trinity Form on my hands. Basically, a friend of mine at a local import shop preordered one for me, and turned down a lot of offers from other customers to sell the figure, and I bought it from him because he's an old friend and I'm a SAP.

So I'm basically looking to sell it for as close to what I paid as someone is willing to spend. Please PM me if you're interested. I don't want to turn this into a sale thread, so we'll keep the PRICE discussion private.

That makes it the THIRD Trinity form I've had in my hands. The first being the one I own, and the second being a double that was mistakenly sent to me and promptly got shipped back to Japan!

tl;dr
    SHF Agito Trinity Form up for grabs. PM me for details.

10. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Ohhh, I watched the pilot as well. XD That was... clearly a good reason for not importing KR stuff. But I think Dragon Knight (from what I HEARD anyway) is how to do it right.

But I tell ya, I would have LOVED it if, in All Riders VS Dai-Shocker, they had a second Black RX show up with no explanation. XD Or even better, REMAKE the character from the show. I had the idea to make the costume be Black RX but white. Like so;

[​IMG]

ARISE, KAMEN RIDER SABAN (Or, Dex, if that's more to your liking)

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    What's really sad is that Masked Rider was more awesome on Power Rangers than his own show.

12. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Watched episode 2 of Faiz. It's... hard for me to judge, I find. I'm not entirely sure how I would explain the plot to someone since it seems well hidden so far. And I'm also not entirely sure if I like it or not. But it hasn't disappointed me yet, at least.

Also as a bit of a tangent, is it just me or do early Heisei Rider shows like Kuuga and Faiz look like early 90s shows, rather than early 2000s? Maybe it's just me. I once thought Kuuga was from the 80s just based on the simplistic design, but I know now that KR took a hiatus between eras. Still though, if Faiz were a 90s show, I'd say it was an impressive looking 90s show. As an early 2000s thing... It's riding somewhere between impressive and subpar, visually. It's really the CGI that ruins it when you can tell it's obvious CGI, usually they blend it in really well in later years. Something about the lighting feels desaturated like something that wasn't made in the last 10 or so years. It's kinda distracting but not in a bad way.

What a tangent. I suppose I should chime in once I watch a few more episodes rather than deconstructing every single one. XD

13. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Or posting "fanfic" ideas, like your All Riders vs. Daishocker suggestion.

I don't know the entire back history of Kamen Rider, but I know that movie was for fanwank and because Decade is an anniversary series, so putting in a "glo-stick" Rider wouldn't make any sense.

14. Switchblade

News Credits:
    I actually saw a video awhile back that did something to that effect:

YouTube - Saban's Masked Rider: Justified by the Decade (Fan Dub) *READ DESCRIPTION*

Kuuga and Agito both especially struck me as looking older than they were. The effects were part of it, but the clothes and technology looked markedly older than 2000, too. When you watch Ryuki it looks like the show took place 5-10 years after Agito, not just a couple weeks.

15. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I remember actually LIKING Masked Rider, but this was back when I was like, 6...I liked everything back then...

16. Omgiamonfire!

Omgiamonfire! Quantity Is Job One!

Wait, Ryuki takes place in the same universe as Kuuga and Agito?

17. Switchblade

News Credits:
    No. Sorry, I meant it looked like it was set/made 5-10 years later, not just 1-2 years. Didn't mean to confuse you.

18. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

Medicom Hibiki Review

Hi again all! Finally found the time to do an update, this time it's a review of everyone's favourite Oni, Medicom's Hibiki figure!

[​IMG]

19. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Well, I checked the mail, and the package turns out to be some toner for my dad's printer. Nothing else. So I guess it's going to be tomorrow. This is bullshit, the guy told me that it's going to be 6-8 business days before it arrives, and it was mailed out on Monday. I counted, and it was suppose to arrive from Monday to Wednesday this week. ARGH.....

20. TheInformation

TheInformation The ghost of an automaton

Well, if you take the Ryuki movie into consideration... there is that IN CHARACTER cameo scene...