Rider Kick Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Hate-triot, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

I had to read that 4x over ;-/

anyways, Den-O is popular because of a lot of things. For one, IIRC, there are a lot of female fans, thank Ryotaru? for that, and he's a good actor, I mean I actually believed that the 4 different imagins posessed him and made him do the things he did...pretty good dance moves too. Yuuto & Deneb were funny as well. I think the show was a pretty good mixture of Comedy and Drama? for a Kamen Rider show. But I really do hope it starts to dissipate soon, I'm getting kind of tired of seeing Den-O involved in every facet of the franchise..

2. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the response KYQ and the videos Vangelus. I think I may have to hold out on the Dark Kiva belt. The fact that he says "Biting!" when you open his mouth and again when he chomps down got to me a bit. If I am spending $80 I want it to be pretty show accurate.

I will just cross my fingers for a Complete Selection Kiva belt (and save a couple paychecks too) :) !

3. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

What Omega said. I've noticed that people who tend to like the 'serious' Rider shows like Faiz, Kabuto, Kiva et all tend to not be able to get into Den-O (nevermind that Kabuto and Kiva got very goofy very often as well).

But Den-O's popularity is very much justified. As Omega said, it's a really funny show, but it also has a lot of dramatic and touching moments, with the true stars of the show being the 6 Imagins themselves (Momo, Ura, Kin, Ryuutaros, Deneb and Sieg). I like to take it as the 'Car Robots/RID' of Kamen Rider, due to both of them being very comical in nature.

I do have to agree though, that Den-O is getting excessively milked. Don't get carried away now, Toei.

Regarding modding belts, I had plugged this earlier in the thread, but felt I should do so again.

Here's the Kabuto mod kit MrArmyShop sells, that makes your belt look more like the show prop and gives it the clock up feature to boot, with pictures on my blog:

The QnA Journal - A tale of two belts

Likewise, here's his video of it in action:

YouTube - MASKED RIDER KABUTO ????????? ?????? ??? ????????? 2

I do recommend this set, but you obviously need to have the DX belt already. Not just for the obvious zecter and buckle, but the side buckles are needed to for encasing the clock up pad's electronics. It also can be very fiddly too, I had to adjust the battery contacts numerous times as the sound kept cutting off due to loose contacts. Still do recommend it though, as it really completes the belt.

Here're my pics of the Kiva belt mod too:
    The QnA Journal - Kamen Rider Kiva - VERSION UPPU!

I also got the mod kits for my Faiz, IXA and Kick/Punch Hopper belts too. I'll put pics of those up soon, when I get the time to.

EDIT: Forgot to answer jtu's question - I'm really uncertain of whether they'll even do a CS Kiva belt, much less IXA's, as the release pattern of CSes seems to be quite irregular. They normally do them in chronological order of the shows, but they *did* skip ahead and do Den-O's first before Hibiki's.

The DX IXA belt is pretty great though; the buckle itself is a great size, and the detailing is good too. Only qualms as I said before, is that it says random phrases which get in the way of henshining.

The IXA Calibur isn't bad either. Yes, it's too small/short, but that's to be expected - these are toys anyway. If one wants a full sized Rider weapon, go get a real prop, not a toy. The Calibur makes quite an amusing racket, and it's actually very nicely detailed and accompanies the IXA belt well.

The IXA Riser on the other hand, not so much. I had issues with its design in the show already, what with the odd and nonsensical button layout and all. But the DX Riser just looks incredibly cheap - the fisherprice-esque blue plastic, the cheap feel and the weak speaker. But the worst offenders have to be the sticker buttons, which are incredibly tacky. I only got the Riser as I wanted to complete my IXA gear to accompany my complete Kiva gear, but I still feel very ripped off. Only get it if you're a completist.

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man that customised belt looks sweet

5. Omega Supreme V

Kiva was serious?

I've liked them all, I first started with Faiz, took some time off, and Den-O brought me back in. While I do like Kabuto {watched it afterwards} & Faiz better than Den-O, it still has it's good points. I REALLY just hope that the new rider of Decade isn't New Den-O...that'd piss me off, unless they bring Hana back, then it'd be a wash

was there any reason as why she stopped acting on Den-O?

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hana's actor suffered a massive health problem (I think shortly after the first Den-O movie?), and never felt ready to come back. Also, the Kohana story was apparently planned from the beginning, and simply started early. According to the writers anyway. XD

7. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    id love to get the ixa belt and its relativly cheap which is nice. i agree on the riser it kinda does feel right if i cant pull it from my face:(  i love the voice for the ixa belt too thou probly why i like faiz also. but i do think im gonna try out how much i like the belts with ixa and if you might know what would a prop caliber cost?

8. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    S.H. Figuarts Masked Rider Agito 2,500Yen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

S.I.C. VOL.48 Masked Rider Den-O & Kintaros Imagin 6500Yen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

S.I.C. Vol.49 7,800Yen

[​IMG]

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HNNNAAAGH AGITO IS IRRESISTABLE.

GUAAAAH GAOH IS AWESOME!

AIIEEEE KINTAROS HAS REAL FUR?!

Damn it, Bandai. ;_;

10. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    SHf Agito looks surprisingly good in such proportions as compared to Black RX!
    And SIC Gaoh looks epicly godly!

Guess my wallet's gonna be way lighter....

11. TheInformation

TheInformation The ghost of an automaton

That Agito is fantastic looking. I can't wait! I'm not as bugged by the proportions on my Kuuga Figuarts, to be honest. The Black and Black RX do look a little skinny, but I think the only figure that looks "off" to me so far is Momotaros, because his head is too long! Still a fun toy, never the less.

I want that Kintaros.

12. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    Wow, Kintaros with the SIC body almost looks just like he does in the show compared to his equally beefy SIC Imagin friends.

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    man real fake fur... do want

14. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

Hey sorry to ignore your big wall of text, but I was was wondering how one could obtain a Rider Belt mod from this Mrarmyshop guy, (Can you just email him or something) I'd be willing to trade/buy a Decadriver + Belt Mod & Extra Cards from somebody, and It'd be awesome if you or anybody else could help me out.

Thanks Anyways,

Tommy

15. Omega Supreme V

I wish people read...but that seems lost nowadays.

16. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

Sorry bout that.....

17. Beanshi

Beanshi 22nd Century Robocat

Did anybody pick up the Twist Action Form figures yet?

I'm considering it, but the 4200 Yen price is holding me back from just outright handing my money over.

18. Hate-triot

News Credits:
    I am surprised this thread had so much steam for so long.
    Well guess we'll have to wait for summer for all the Kamen Rider news to come pouring in again.

19. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    New Type The Live 05 scans:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]