Rider Kick Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Hate-triot, Oct 2, 2008.

1. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    hey kyq do you know if they have the belt kits for the IXA belt? also what are the renewel belts im seeing on ebay?

2. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

He sure does jtu, I actually got it some weeks ago!

Yahoo!?????? - ???????? ? IXA ?????????????????

He also has kits for most of the other popular belts. It might not be on his page, but drop him an email; chances are he'd have it.

The kits are a bit costly, and some are worth more than others. But not only will they fit you fine without squeezing your guts out, but they make the belts look significantly better.

3. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Points noted on the scale and effects not always being there (that REALLY sucks about the Faiz Pointer and Shot!), but I did know there wasn't a CS Kiva belt. It's the only one where I knew of an additional mode not intended to be in the show or anything though. I guess I could have used an alternate example, like the Happy New Year or Christmas messages on others. And I thought the Sagarc and Ixa belts had... something else, but those may have been other messages and not necessarily games.

4. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

Yuppers, the Saga and IXA belts have other random speech and lines. In IXA's case, I kinda wish it didn't, as it robs the belt of some show accuracy (you can't get it to say "REA.D.Y" without having it blab a random phrase first).

But Sagarc's random phrases sound like it's cursing at you, which I find utterly hilarious.

Of course, the CS belts are larger and aren't compatible with their 'power up' toys, e.g. The K-taros doesn't fit on the CS Den-O belt, and the CS Faiz phone won't fit in the Faiz Blaster. A huge shame as the Faiz Blaster is freaking sweet and one of the most fun tokusatsu toys I've ever bought.

5. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Thanks a lot... I think you've finally sold me on buying a Sagarc belt from HLJ! :lol 

6. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

Haha you're welcomed :D . And why not? It's super-duper dirt cheap now anyway. I don't have the Saga belt myself, but it's mostly because I'm channeling most of my funds into bigger stuff (Medicom figures, costumes, etc).

But the Sagarc belt is quite a hoot, even though its play value is a bit more limited than the others.

7. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

@KYQ

how do I go about asking him if mrarmyshop has the parts for some of the faiz drivers? I may search on there, but that's all I know how to do lol

8. jtuarus

Ebay:
    i still havent got an answer for this they look like cardboard cut outs can ne1 help me?
    and ty kyq im looking into getting all the ixa gear i just love the talking in robotic voice on this belt plus like my other fave the faiz driver it is also the main weapon of the rider. i guess i just like that. although the decade driver isnt a waepon but i think its cool as hell cause of the voice.

9. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

You could always email him at [email protected]

I'm pretty certain he should still have the Faiz mod kit in stock, and it's definitely worth it!

I'm not entirely sure what these renewal belts are, but they look pretty much like scaled down, cheap versions of previous henshin belts. They're lower in price, but also lower in features. I'd very much rather just hunt down the original belts, personally.

10. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

I don't understand the cardboard cutout comment, but it's hard to tell exactly what kind of belts you mean. I suspect you're talking about the Legend Rider Series belts, a series of belts from previous Rider series to add to the Heisei Rider celebration and whatnot (read: milking the franchise). They're what I referenced previously.

The Ichigo and Kuuga belts with the levers on top are reissues from an older belt series (I don't know the details on these because HJU is down). Ryuki's simplistic belt made it possible to actually reissue the DX version instead, and I think it's identical to the older one. I don't know the origin of the Faiz belt in this series, but at least it plays the essential sounds. Den-O is slated to be released soon, and is a new belt designed for the series.

11. jtuarus

Ebay:
  12. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

13. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

14. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

Why is it hilarious? I don't "get" it..

15. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well KYQ, you seem to be the resident Rider belt expert here to I need a little bit of your advice.

Would you recommend the Dark Kiva belt?
    I loved the character and I am hoping Kivat II can say, "Rejoice, it's extinction time!"

16. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. Deadpool.

Deadpool. I want my bird.

News Credits:
    Anyone here knows how to mod the DX belts so that they can fit larger waists?

Coz the DX series belts cant fit me...

18. KYQ

KYQ Well-Known Member

Haha I wouldn't say I'm as much of an expert as I am crazed :D .

Anyway, the Dark Kivat belt is pretty great but it does have a few nitpicky issues that bug me.

For one, to answer your question, he does not say a majority of lines from the show, including "喜べ!絶滅タイムだ!” (rejoice! It's extinction time!") :( :( . He says many lines, especially the obvious important special move ones, but like Kivat, he doesn't say most of the lines you hear in the show which is very strange and unfortunate.

His voice, while most likely the same voice actor as the show, also still sounds different as the actor probably delivered the lines in a different manner. This is most noticeable in the way he says "GABURI! (Biting!)", sounding more bored, as opposed to the fierce manner he says it in the show. Again, this is probably a very small issue to most people, but it is enough for me to notice.

Finally, the one issue that bugs me the most is that the 'CRUNCH' sound that you hear everytime he bit someone in the show is absent as well. When you press his fangs, he merely says "GABURI!" again. Again, a very small matter, but something that disappoints me immensely as that sound is simply bad ass.

One more little side curiousity is that Dark Kivat also says "Henshin!" when you set him on the belt. It's not show accurate, which is why it sticks out to me, but it might not *necessarily* be a bad thing to you.

I know I probably sound like I'm bashing the belt, but I'm really not. It's still a lot of fun, as much fun as the original Kivat belt in many ways and more. If you're a Dark Kiva fan, go for it I say!

19. jtuarus

Ebay:
    hey kyq Anoter ? for ya how is the ixa belt and gear as far as dx goes and do you know if they will do a CS ixa belt? also i love faiz probably my fave rider that i have seen so far albeit ive watched of the hesei about 4 of em faiz kiva ryuki and a bit of den-o. which leads me to my question to all the other rider fans . why is den-o seem so popular? i just couldnt get into the show like i could kiva and faiz. oh ya watched hibiki too liked that one too but the henshin device kinda sucked IMHO. but i digress it seems that the den-o stuff is abundant and reproduced alot is there a reason it seems to be so popular

20. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Taken from one of my posts over at Rangerboard: