Rider Kick Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Hate-triot, Oct 2, 2008.

1. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Still need to finish ooo myself, missed a couple weeks in a row and never caught back up. I'm gonna try and marathon through it sometime soon. Also not gonna give up on fourze yet, I'll try and keep up with it for as long as I can. Spending 20 minutes a week to watch a new episode shouldn't be too difficult.

2. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they made mention of it once in Kabuto and Den-O, then I never saw any mention ever again. I may be repeating myself from before but, TVN definitely works under the mindset of "People know what these words mean, right? They're watching toku shows after all."

You've said exactly why I like O-T and KITsubs - they know how to make them read more naturally while still getting the basic idea across. It's the minor things, like when Gentaro says "Eat this!" while fighting the Zodiart.

By the way, what is the important line from Hibiki? Spoiler tags if you have to. :0 I'm curious.

Hell. Yes. He needs to punt someone with that thing. I'd love it if they just had him kick a football with it. XD

While I'm looking forward to seeing where this show goes, I really like that idea you had. They could've totally done that in The Next with Ichigo.

3. Nanox

Nanox My sarcasm is undeniable

Ebay:
    And now it's time for my two cents on Fourze.

I got to say that just from watching the first episode, I am very excited in what I saw and what I might see. However as Dr. Maki said, we can't truly judge it until it's conclusion.

By the way, I can say this show has Switched On my need to collect role-play toys.

4. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

In my opinion, a translation that assumes you know any of the language being translated is not doing its job.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a point in episode 2 where someone remarks to Asumu's mom that Hibiki reminds them of her husband. It really nails home the idea that Hibiki is a surrogate father for Asumu. TVN left that out. The dynamic is still there, but that line accentuates it.

6. SearchmanDS

SearchmanDS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, fansub group wars. They never get old :lol .

7. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Okay....my turn for Fourze

I really liked the way they handled Fourz's debut, it really seemed realistic and believable for someone who's just using a Rider system for the very first time. Seems that Toei got a lot better at doing CGI though, it's not as craptacular as W.

I still don't like the design for Fourze, but i really enjoy watching it in action. The Zodiarts look pretty kick ass, some of the best Kaijin designs I've seen so far, I rather like the Power Dizer too, is this the first time we've had a mech suit in Kamen Rider?

Also, I didn't know Mcdonalds was sponsoring this show...I think that explains the random food robots.Over all, I'm please with how Fourze started. Looks like it's gonna be a wild ride.

8. 13DINO

13DINO JTX_XIII

News Credits:
    I iust got the awesome idea of someone creating a social group called "Kamen Rider Club"!
    I think we got one already but let's have it be renamed to it! :D  :thumb 

9. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, nice - I always thought the connection was there but that line solidifies it.

1. YEAH, I like that. I mean Kabuto makes it work with his "I know everything" attitude and all, but I love the type of heroes who don't know what they're doing at first. Den-O was like that, Eiji was kinda like that, and Gentaro... tried to use the belt as a gun. Love it. XD

2. The Zodiarts, based on the first one, should be interesting. I honestly have no idea what to expect for the next one.

3. I wondered that about Power Dizer. I kinda wanna say this IS the first mech. If you don't count Kaixa's bike in Faiz which was more like a giant pair of legs that shot a billion missiles.

4. I think I've seen McDonalds sponsor these shows since I started watching em, but that makes sense. XP

10. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Just watched an episode Kamen Rider W, and I'm starting another now. This show is awesome.

Also, HLJ just messaged me that they finally shipped the SIC HeatMetal/LunaTrigger set I ordered early last week. About bloody time. Next time I feel like ordering from there to save $8, will somebody please remind me I'm far too impatient for that little of a savings, and to make my purchase domestically? Thanks.

11. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Also, where can I get a sweet hat like Shotaru's? I need something to keep the sun off my face the rare moments when I go outside.

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    just look up fedoras, you can get them relatively cheap, the one i wear i really like and used for my Shotaro cosplay

13. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

That's cheating, it should have 'Windscale' on it! (but I'm not really that picky).

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    a fedora like that would require custom work though

15. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Actually, it's possible that I know somebody who can do custom sewing. Next time I'm not broke, I might actually look into that. I've been thinking about getting a fedora for a while, actually.

16. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Actually, Bandai's fashion department did make a Windscale Fedora...they'll be quite expensive to find now though.

They made Eiji's boxer shorts too, they'll probably release the shoes and jacket Gentaro wears I imagine.

17. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I just looked up 'windscale fedora' on eBay for the fun of it, and there is one listed, for $135. I think I'll pass for now.

18. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Yeah, the hats were going for 5000 yen through middleman service. They sell Sentai team uniforms too, but those are VERY pricey.

19. mIIk

mIIk Member

http://p-bandai.jp/fashion-net/character/four/list-da10-n0/

No shoes yet, but Gentaro's Jacket is for sale. Along with every other item of clothing worn in the show.

20. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    No Gentaro wig? Aww.