Rider Kick Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Hate-triot, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Christian Prime

Christian Prime SF Ibuki & Makoto Fanboy!

First few Adverts promoting Fourze are up - (

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Man, the fish sausage commercials are always the best of the bunch.

3. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KRFRZ 1 OT - YouTube Fourze subs are up on YT. Overtime to be exact. I love their translations sometimes. "I hate you. So we're gonna be bros."

So... I am an effing liar, evidently. XD I was going all like "PFFT LOL I'm gonna skip this show so hardcore" and now I'm like "Okay where's episode 2"

In a nutshell, I think the show is off to a pretty good start. It has a nice look to it and I'm slowly finding myself warming up to the designs. And am pretty curious as to how the next Zodiarts will look; The possible lack of a typical animal/bug theme has me intrigued.

Guess it's space time.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    its up on over-time, i just got to wait for the SD DDL

5. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Most excelent!:) 

6. blue death

blue death Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know I'm a little behind on this, but I just finished watching the V-Cinemas for Eternal and Accel. Gotta say I felt the Eternal one was entirely unnecessary. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I didn't feel it was necessary nor do I care to see Katsumi portrayed as a heroic character. He didn't mean much to me anyway and felt like a throwaway villain in A-Z. It was good but just didn't appeal to me as much as I thought it would. Accel on the other rocked as he always does :D 

7. guard convoy

News Credits:
    ^hey hey hey do NOT hate on eternal :mad 

eternal is awesome

8. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    That was awesome. Can't wait for episode 2. Fourze has potential to achieve W/Den-O level awesomeness. I just hope the high school setting doesn't get old.

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I'm definitely liking Fourze after this first episode. I like the characters and the Fourze design has really grown on me. Now I can't wait until the Figuart...

10. blue death

News Credits:
    My apologies I wasn't trying to call out anybody for liking Katsumi. I just have a tough time caring about his character. I like Eternals' suit design and the basic premise of what he can do, I just don't like him as much as other characters. Overall I still enjoyed the movie, I like what it fleshed out about the NEVER, I just didn't see a reason why they chose to portray him so heroicly when in A-Z he didn't seem to be a character they particularly wanted you sympathizing with.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved the Eternal movie. It gave us a better sense of Katsumi and NEVER as characters, had some really great action scenes, and anything that gives us more of Minase Yashiro in those shorts is a wonderful thing.

In unrelated matters, I just finished watching the first Fourze (used the rough draft of O-T's subs, just in time for the final version to come out as I finished). I liked it. A lot. The suit is still not a favorite, but I like seeing it in action, especially the ways that the switches can be used together. And Gentaro is just plain awesome. He's easily the most likable Rider since... well, Shotaro, honestly. But he's still really, really great. It's going to be a lot of fun hanging out with him for the next year.

Kinda wish the head cheerleader wasn't so hot that she makes me feel like a creepy old man, though. :( 

Oh who am I kidding? No I don't. :p 

12. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Nessicary or no, more W is never a bad thing...and it's certainly rare that we'd get expansions on the villain characters

13. blue death

News Credits:
    The thing I was referring to by 'neccessary' was Katsumi being protrayed as hero, didn't feel it made a ton of sense. Then again anything that can expand on W is always good in my book. Of course I'm more of a Decade fan overall since it was my first in to the franchise. I'd love to see some more Decade down the line.

Just watched OT Fourze. Gotta say as much beef as I have with the suit design that I overall find the characters likeable. Still think the switch gimmicks are a little goofy, but for now I can look past it. Definitely be checking out at least the next couple of episodes

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  14. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see some people getting tired of it real fast, but I'm trying to keep an open mind here. I think one thing that might damper ones viewing experience is if they look at it with the mindset that it's Kamen Rider and Kamen Rider doesn't do this kind of content. However, I'm enjoying seeing something different like this. It's like I've been saying for a while now; Change. It keeps things relevant.

I can top that, but won't. :D 

Having shared Fourze with a friend who doesn't typically watch KR stuff, he seems to have found it to be an intriguing show setup, only feeling a bit weird because it looks like a live action anime. Which I can totally see, to be honest. Hell I said that about Gentaro when I first saw him, he looked like an anime cosplayer. But I've grown to like how silly he looks, especially when seeing him get into the look during the opening; it looks as though he's trying to reinvent his look in some way, so now I can watch him act a fool knowing it's because he thinks he looks cool. :p 

15. guard convoy

News Credits:
    does it always take this long for OT to put out the SD DDL? i've been waiting so darn long to watch fourze......

16. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Gah, you don't have to cover it up. The Eternal movie was terrible. Sure we get more W adventures and more backstory... but the movie was bad. It really was just a movie about a middle aged man trying to be young again, and a lot of fancy LARPing.

Katsumi being portrayed as a hero makes perfect sense... what doesn't make sense is his sudden fall into madness. I could blame it on the Eternal memory... but he snapped before he got his hands on it. Plus it was all just a vehicle for us to sympathize with the character... it just wasn't done very well.

17. blue death

News Credits:
    I suppose it could make sense to see him that way. But being that our first exposure to him in A-Z was that of a sorta crazy villain like character it seemed very out of character watching him fight against Foundation X. Maybe it's just me but that comes off really odd. I mean we saw him die as a crazed madman and now we're supposed to go back and feel sympathetic for him and that team of nutjobs? The two portrayals don't jibe very well in my opinion, even if we attribute it to his 'madness'. Again this is all just how I feel about it, if someone really enjoyed it I'm not looking to take them down a peg or anything. Same thing for all you guys who liked OOO, it just wasn't a series for me.

18. guard convoy

News Credits:
    THE SD DDL IS UP FINALLY! woot!

soon i will get to see fourze, soon!

19. galvatron23

galvatron23 Well-Known Member

i got today SH FIGUARTS DECADE COMPLETE FORM!!!argh!!!my wallet is deade.

20. guard convoy

News Credits:
    so your wallet is the destroyer of worlds? :lol