Rider Kick Appreciation

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Hate-triot, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Nanox

Nanox My sarcasm is undeniable

Ebay:
    Just saw the last episode of OOOs last night. What a glorious conclusion indeed.

2. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    thats more than just a BG pic thats an entire theme

3. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

I thought they said that there would be 40 Switches, but just revealed the first half.

4. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I ended up downloading all the differed combo songs. I just wanted that picture in the different color combos. I'm too chicken to jail break my phone so this is the closest I can get.

5. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    this is Bandai theyre probably gonna release a few hundred

ill get a few switches if they have the sounds built into them (they can do it) since a few of those and that yellow suit bike thing is probably the only things I want from this line

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

All of the sounds in the Fourze Driver were already cracked. Even before that happened, we had confirmation on the 40 switches info.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    nope the sounds are built into the belt, switches are just plastic switches that's why they are cheaper

8. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    I know but theres a possibility of a candy type switch that already have the sounds in them. it wouldnt be hard theyre already pretty much hollow, only way ill buy that belt is if come across it for like $15 bucks

9. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Wow...really?

It astonishes me how fast the Japanese can work

10. Nanox

Ebay:
  11. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The packaging for the Foodroids is easily the greatest thing ever.

It's quite easy to do. When you press a switch or otherwise "activate" it, it causes several prongs to stick out. These hit four corresponding buttons in the section of the Fourze Driver where they're supposed to go. The video I saw that went up last week uses a pair of chopsticks to go through every possible combination, and there's also a cheat sheet that tells you what buttons create what sounds for each position.

The result is 40 different switches for Fourze's States, plus a number of Legend Rider Switches for nearly every main rider.

12. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    Was the OOOs driver as easy to cheat?

As for the foodroids...McDonalds Japan has GOT to do some kind of exclusive foodroids for Happy Meals.

13. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Finally got around to finishing OOO and am very mixed emotion about the entire show.

-The beginning of the show was fun and a welcome change of pace compared to W. The cast was zany, the music was great... the Greeed had massive potential.

-Then the show just got really boring for a bit. OOO was constantly shown as being dependent on Ankh, and it was a bad buddy cop show with no substance...

-Introduce Birth and the show gets great again. Akira Date's character makes the show fresh again...

-Until the 1000th episode arc. Dr Maki's puppet reactions are his saving grace, but the show really just got boring again. This was also when the director kept on using a handheld cam instead of setting up on some legs. The extreme closeups and dutch angles just felt amateur. I don't actually remember it getting good until Gotou's "birthday"... and maybe some early Tajador stuff.

-Then cut to the ending... Ankh's switch to being full on Greeed was interesting, but the crossover back wasn't terribly convincing. I also kept getting flashbacks to Blade (I hated its ending). Hino and her brother were also underused the entire series actually. There was a lot of missed potential.

As much as I cared about the Greeed, they weren't used enough for me to feel sympathetic towards them at the end of the show. This is a huge missed opportunity. I mean you felt bad about them... but not as much as you could have. I dunno... OOO had great moments but it's hard to topple the bar set by W.

Good choice. It's a little small for my tastes, but I think all riders should get their respective rides.

Or the two packs.

That's nice.

Seriously... after how Bandai treated OOO in their Figuarts line... I might want to consider something else for Fourze. Not only would it be cheaper, but it'd actually be fun to play with. This just shows that the Figuarts won't have this option... otherwise they'd just be competing with themselves... damnit.

14. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

I want the
    penguin/drink cup
    foodroid personally =D I hope they make them as candy toy's like they did the candroids, that would be pretty neat.

15. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
  16. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

That looks a lot better than I thought it would.

17. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I know. I'm tempted to get this now...

I'm also tempted to turn one of these into a Nigo.

18. Nanox

Ebay:
    No need, there is already a Nigo in the works.

I also hope to get this.

19. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

No. It's all radio signals, not buttons that come in contact with each other. You had to either trick the scanner with two coins at once to overlap the signal or break everything open and produce the signals yourself. This was shown on-camera in a particular YouTube series, but I don't have that link handy.

The only belt I remember that was this easy to crack was Kiva, and it wasn't hiding the insane number of sounds as this. Even the Decadriver took more effort because of the bar codes.

I still grew very attached to the Greeed, but I totally agree. Having Uva in particular disappear off-screen for so long (twice!) was particularly jarring. If the series had another episode or two, at least maybe we could have seen more of Uva at full power, who made every other Greeed look like a chump and explained why he seemed to run the show at the very start of the show, and not Kazari.

I fully expected that Uva really was going to escape with his "life", bug that he is, and live on to fight and devour more greed for another day. Those hopes were dashed and all the cred he had by 47 were gone with his whimpering and cowardice in the face of Maki Greeed, then turning into... a giant box.

:lol 

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I'm likely passing, but if I did get one it would be the original colors version.